main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussions most touching EU Sacrifice?

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Granek, Nov 13, 2014.

?

most touching EU Death/Sacrifice?

1. Anakin Solo

38.1%
  2. Chewbacca

45.2%
  3. Ganner Rhysode

21.4%
  4. Bazel Warv

7.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Granek

Granek Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2012
    The 'coolest' imo is Ganners simply because he goes out like a 'boss'; we all know his Iconic statement...

Anakin's made me the most angry because he was my favorite of the NJO and up to that point was the 'Hero' of the series, had survived so many near misses I expected him to on that particular mission. Chewie's was death bad for several reasons. Why couldn't Anakin pull him up? Tractor beam?.. but I felt necessary for the Story arc to convey the seriousness of the Vong threat and the chasm it created between Han's and Anakin's characters.

Bazel's was most touching-for me-simply because how it affects Allana. He does goes out like the bad @$$ he is, killing what seems like a dozen- 6-8 Sith at least-prior to dying. I was more saddened for Allana's character than I was for Bazel-he was a Jedi Knight and did what Jedi Knights are supposed to do. Up to that point no 'on screen' Jedi were killed in the assault, it was a bit of a shock when he fell as I fully expected Barv to survive on my first read through. Marc Thompson does a fantastic job capturing Allana's pain and determination to remember Barv's sacrifice because 'she has to'.

2. Abadacus

Abadacus Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2014
    Ton Phanan.

"I really don't have much time here, and I'm struggling to find some way to sum up what I need to say. I guess it boils down to this:
    Thanks for being my friend. I needed one, and you were it.
    Ton Phanan
    Pilot, Wit, and Superior Intellect
    Oh yes - don't let my glass prowlers starve. They're cute little insects. Cuteness should be preserved."

Sorry, I'm fine... it's just kind of dusty in here.

3. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    Chewbacca, just found his death rather sad when I read it , I have always liked the character, but I like that he went out rowering.

4. LongHairedAussieGuy

LongHairedAussieGuy Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 28, 2014
    Tie between Chewbacca and Anakin for me. I was not expecting Chewie to die. I knew Anakin was going to die because of spoilers coming out before the book was released in Australia

5. RafSwi7

RafSwi7 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2011
    Unquestionably Trask Ulgo.

Jedi-Anakin-Solo and DurararaFTW like this.
  6. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    Baco Par in the Rebellion comic arc The Ahakista Gambit.

7. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    The poll is severely limited. Of those listed I'd say Anakin but my heart dropped and I was angry when Gilad died the handling was uncalled for.

8. Randwulf Crescentmoon

Randwulf Crescentmoon Jedi Master star 4

May 25, 2013
    From the list above I would have to go with Chewie's Legends death. It may have been a mutton-headed decision, at least from my biased perspective, but by golly I am almost certain somewhere far, far beyond my disdain for the decision to kill Chewie off it was done for a reason. I just don't see it is all. I am assuming that it was supposed to be touching in the sense of him sacrificing himself to save Han's son, but I am void of feelings do to the heartache thereof.

From off the list, Starkiller's at the end of The Force Unleashed was pretty sad, as nearing the end of his quest he became resigned to his fate. His hero's journey was one of innocence, murder, betrayal and eventually voluntary sacrifice. He would forgo his gloomy upbringing, and pioneer a revolution that went against everything he thought he knew about himself, his master and that of any prior dark side affiliation.

Wiki Quotes:(Galen has defeated the Emperor]The Emperor: You were destined to destroy me. Do it. Give in to your hatred! [Galen raises his lightsaber for the deathblow when Kota stops him]

Rahm Kota: He's beaten. Let it go.

Galen Marek: It's a trick! He's stronger than you know, and he deserves to die for what he's done to me!

Rahm Kota: Maybe so, but if you strike him down in anger, you'll be right back where you began.[Galen takes a deep breath, calms down and puts away his lightsaber]

Galen Marek: Get Bail and the others out of here. I'll be right behind you.[As they begin to walk away, Palpatine surges back to his feet and blasts Kota with force lightning. Galen puts himself in the way directing it back at the Emperor. At the same time, Vader and a Stormtrooper squad appear and open fire]

Galen Marek: Go! Hurry!(Kota and the Senators run for their lives. Galen advances on the Emperor and with a roar, blasts the lightning back at him. There is a blinding explosion; Kota and Bail look back briefly, then flee. In the battle's aftermath, Darth Vader and Darth Sidious walk up to Galen's dead body)

Darth Vader: He is dead.

The Emperor: Then he has become more powerful, then ever. He was meant to root out the rebels. His sacrifice will only inspire them.

Darth Vader: But now we know who they are. I will hunt them down and destroy them. As you, always intended... master.

The Emperor: (Walks away, before looks back at his apprentice) You must be relentless, Lord Vader. If even a single rebel survives, this Rebellion that we unwittingly made... will be our undoing.(Darth Vader looks back down to Galen's fallen body once more, silently)).

What follows in The Force Unleashed 2 - although left ambiguous - essentially makes his tale that much more tragic.
    Although it is never verified outright it is alluded to that Galen Marek - clone of Starkiller - could in fact be the actual Starkiller, somehow having survived the conclusion of the first game, and to top it all off Vader uses this to taunt Galen. As the plot point is left open-ended imo it only adds to the trials and tribulations that he had already undergone, as now he must come to terms with the possibility of never truly knowing who he is.

GrimdarkRose likes this.
  9. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I thought Jangotat's in The Cestus Deception was rather touching.

Revanfan1 and Shadow Trooper like this.
  10. Shadow Trooper

Shadow Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jul 18, 2013
    I really liked Captain Jaius Yorub's sacrifice in Legacy. His little speech as he drives the Indomitable into the shipyards was one of the most touching things in the EU for me. "We will reclaim our birth right... Freedom."
    Also all of the Padawans in the Battle of Jabiim. I thought their last stand to buy the Republic time to evacuate was one of the most powerful moments in the EU. Watching all those young Jedi get slaughtered was truly sad, especially because in the end the battle was ultimately lost and the Jabiim loyalists were abandoned to die.

11. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    Shadow Trooper: I like the comic issues dealing with the Battle of Jabiim very much too for various reasons.
    -) Anakin Skywalker's fall to the dark side was futher elaborated.
    -) Alto Stratus was not the super bad guy, but a person you could relate to.
    -) Finally, we got a comic really showing the Clone WARS.
    -) ...

12. TheChosenSolo

TheChosenSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 2011
    Chewbacca gets my vote for touching, Anakin gets it for noble. Anakin still ought to have survived, but the spite I hold over the death itself is the poor writing; the character placed the mission first before himself, allowed the Jedi to escape the ambush which ultimately caused the mission to end a success. Of all the ways to go, that's the way I'd expect to see Anakin off.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  13. xx_Anakin_xx

xx_Anakin_xx Jedi Master star 4

Jan 9, 2008
    Hands down, Anakin Solo.

greyjedi125 likes this.
  14. Darth Zannah

Darth Zannah Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 28, 2014
    Where is Dash Rendar?!!!!

15. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Still alive. SOTE: Evolution

Amon_Amarth likes this.
  16. Darth Zannah

Darth Zannah Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 28, 2014
    LOL...what?! So much for that nostalgic sadness I have for the ending of the shadows of the empire book and the N64 game

17. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Dash_Rendar#Later_life_and_career

18. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    Mouse in the comic series Empire also comes to mind.

19. Darth Zack

Darth Zack Jedi Master star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    "You were on the Endar Spire! You killed Trask. You'll pay for that!"

20. Gravemuzzle

Gravemuzzle Jedi Youngling

Jan 11, 2015
    While Chewbacca's death was extremely sad in regards to the grief that Han had to deal with, Ganner Rhysode's was probably the best I've seen. I hated his character when he was introduced but his redemptive final moments were poetic, even if they riffed off of Fellowship of The Ring a bit.

Iron_lord likes this.
  21. Beezlebub

Beezlebub Jedi Youngling

Jan 12, 2015
    Galen's isn't listed here. :p

22. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    Galen Marek and Mara Jade Skywalker should be listed.

23. GrimdarkRose

GrimdarkRose Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 19, 2015
    ^ This.

24. Huttslime

Huttslime Jedi Padawan star 2

Apr 1, 2015
    Anakin and Ganner.

25. The Sith Camp

The Sith Camp Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 10, 2015
    What about suppose Brand's sacrifice when he deliberately and willingly absorbed and held down Palpatine whilst protecting Anakin Solo from Palpatine's possession and influence? And later dragging him into Chaos and such ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.