main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Most UNDER RATED SW movie.

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by JcubFett, Dec 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fanboy_Solo

Fanboy_Solo Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 7, 2001
    Holiday Special. No doubt about it. I've seen it 12 times, and I seem to be the only one not reduced to tears or bleed out the ears. You have to appreciate seeing Jefferson Starship perform in a toaster, or see Diann Caroll talk dirty to a Wookiee!

2. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    Ever read my Attack of the Clones Holiday Special? :D

3. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    ROTJ - sure the Ewok scenes were less than spectacular but this film had drama, suspense, action, special effects, emotional twists and turns that rival every Star Wars film except ESB.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  4. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I have to say ROTJ. Aside from TPM, I think this is the film that is bashed the most. You have to look at the overall story...not just complain about the Ewoks all the time. The story was excellent in my opinion and I believe it deserves more recognition and praise.

5. -Guerrero-Del-Luz-

-Guerrero-Del-Luz- Jedi Youngling

Jan 6, 2003
    All of them.

The number 1 movie of the last 60 years(inflation-adjusted), Star Wars, is forgotten for being the most revolutionary movie visually, and for the fantasy genre, if not overall, of all time.

tESB is considered as one of the best sequels of all time, but it is also one of the best stand-alone films of all time, with the most memorable moment of nearly any film ever.

RotJ is called a "kiddie" movie for the ewoks. The endscenes of the movie would be brutal without the ewoks. They provide not only comic relief, but emotion!

tPM is considered the worst film by most fans for it's kiddie feel, forgeting other key aspects of the film with great action, and an OT feel.

AotC is considered the worst stand-alone film of the series. However, it is also has the best action, and the most complicated plot(if you consider that a good thing.)

6. Otis_Frampton

Otis_Frampton LFL Artist, Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 7, 2001
    TPM, hands down.

-Otis

7. gummi_bear

gummi_bear Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 26, 2002
    I'll say it again..I love DarthWeenie. Star Tours. ah yes.

my take? TPM

For one thing, I was never really bothered by Jar Jar. I mean, he was just there to laugh at and it's not like he did anything ridiculous like miraculously save the day (that doesn't unclude taking out a few droids).

But I just recently realized how much TPM means to me. It was the first SW movie I got to go see in the theatre for it being a new release. I remember the insane cheering when the SW opening logo appeared on screen. The even MORE insane cheering when they announce R2-D2's name for the first time. The cheering when Qui-Gon says, "Anakin Skywalker, meet Obi-Wan Kenobi". Just gotta love it.

8. Levi8675309

Levi8675309 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 8, 2003
    Looking around the internet, reading new reviews of the prequels, I'm just shocked that people don't like Return of the Jedi. How anyone could rank this movie beneath either of the prequels is beyond me. Sure, the Endor battle wasn't that great, but it's no worse than the Gungan water-baloon right of TPM, or this very lame car chase and droid factory scenes in AOTC.

And speaking of the prequels, I know I'm gonna get some flak for this, but I like TPM more than AOTC. Don't get me wrong, between the two movies, I don't think neither of them have many good points at all. When it comes down to it, you have to pick between a poorly written kids movie and a poorly written love story, and I've always thought the only thing worse than a bad kids movie was a bad love story, so there ya go. Also, the Duel of the Fates is awesome. AWESOME I TELL YOU!!!

Once again, in no way does this mean I like either prequel, I'm choosing the lesser of two evils.

9. jedibendubruce

jedibendubruce Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 27, 2002
    Hard to say but my input is ROTJ. However as one complete movie as GL sees it then all of them. The critics just don't get it.

10. DarthWeenie

DarthWeenie Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 2, 2002
    Mortimer nerdly-
    "Episode I is most definetley underrated. I swear to God, I saw it TWELVE times in the theater back in 1999."

I got you beat my freind. 19 in the theater, and once in a hotel room just to make it an even 20 (That one cost $12.95!!) times, BEFORE it came out on video.

gummi bear-
    I'll say it again..I love DarthWeenie. Star Tours. ah yes.

You love me? I thought...I thought we had decided not to fall in love.

Stop you guys! Just stop, will you!?!?

Stop forgetting HOW awesome Star Tours is.

11. Devi

Devi Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 22, 2002
    TPM. Everyone and their little brother says it sucks; yet it gave us Qui-Gon Jinn, young Obi (yum yum, Ewan... [face_love] ), Duel of the Fates, the Jedi High Council (including my special favorite Adi Gallia), and other stuff that I wouldn't want to go without.

Runners up: ROTJ. Without ROTJ, there would be no Ewoks, and without Ewoks, there would be no (EU reference ahead!) Lt. Kettch. And without Lt. Kettch, I wouldn't have had some of the best laughs of my life. :D :)

12. DarthWeenie

DarthWeenie Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 2, 2002
  13. DarthWeirdodo

DarthWeirdodo Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 14, 2003
    ROTJ is the most under rated Starwars movie

14. QuiGonHrafn

QuiGonHrafn Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 25, 2002
    All the Star Wars films are underrated with the possible exception of ESB. Some people dare to suggest ANH is slow!!! But to me the two most underrated films are TPM (which is excellent if you understand what Lucas is doing with it. It takes time to build up a six episode saga) and AOTC (which is simply breathtaking). And I have to agree that ROTJ is underrated. I still believe it is the worst SW film but compared to the average stuff everybody loves (Men in Black, Spider-Man and XXX to name but three during this summer)then ROTJ is a fantastic film. It is a very good film and the final 50 minutes is certainly one of the greatest in film history.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.