main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Most Underrated Star Wars Character

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by darklordoftech, Dec 21, 2013.

1. thebeanpole

thebeanpole Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 11, 2013
    This made me lol hard. Nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    My most underrated character is Bail Organa. Mainly because I can't help but like the guy as he's probably the most honest politician in star wars. He seems like a character who general cares for people and wants peace across the galaxy but not for his own personal gain. He always came across to me as a character who wasn't fooled by Palpatine (or at least once he became emperor) and was one of the few who knew how everything turned out in the end.

3. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014
    Overrated would be Boba Fett. Underrated is a tie for me between Qui-Gon and Bossk. I know it's legends EU now but Bossk hunts, kills, and skins Wookies. Plus his name means Devours His Prey in his native tongue, and he's the monarch of an entire system. That's a badass dude. What does Boba have? A cool helmet and a jet pack ......pfft.

darklordoftech likes this.
  4. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Padme: She is Anakin Skwalker's wife, Luke and Leia's mother, founding member of the Alliance (why did that scene have to cut!?!) Queen, Senator, but I often feel she's forgotten about.

Bail: He's Leia's adoptive father and a founding member of the Alliance, but again, he seems to be forgotten about.

Palpatine/Sidious: He's the true villain of the Saga (so far). He orchestrated everything that happened, took down the Jedi, seduced Anakin over to the Dark Side, and became Emperor. Yet Vader and to some extent Maul get all the attention in that regard. People forget that Vader is both a hero and a villain and Maul was simply Sidious' servant.

5. DarthSheev

DarthSheev Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 9, 2015
    My top five:

1. Dooku
    2. Lando
    3. Bail Organa
    4. Tarkin
    5. Admiral Ackbar

6. hairymuggle

hairymuggle Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 28, 2014
    Aayla (Just started reading up on her arc and absolutely gutted she's not the poster child for "female Jedi BAMF" - Because she is)
    Cody and Bly (they're the ultimate clones really, and they have great moments with their generals)
    Shaak Ti (The original female togruta Jedi)
    Bail and Mon Mothma (It still astounds me that we still know absolutely nothing about the founders of the rebellion)

darklordoftech and mes520 like this.
  7. Saga Explorer

Saga Explorer Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 14, 2015
    Darth Sidious (main villain of the saga)
    Anakin Skywalker (The Chosen One)
    Dooku(his character is really interesting)
    Maul (His evolution =Great character)
    Shmi Skywalker (Likeable)
    Watto(one of the coolest characters ;design and character wise)
    Ahsoka Tano (great evolution and impact)
    Moff Jerjerrod( in deleted scenes you see him care for troops and he tries to halt Vader)
    Jar Jar Binks (I find his character,purpose and antics terrific ;he's not a racial stereotype :mad:)
    Nuts Gunray,Rune Haako and Lott Dod(hope we get to see him in between Episode 3 and Episode 4)
    Qui-Gon Jinn (why people want him to be absent in place of Obi Wan(also one of my favorites) is beyond me:rolleyes:;he has so many lessons and memorable lines)​
    Padme(strong character ;nuff said)​
    And so on...​

8. JediMaster_Fisher

JediMaster_Fisher Jedi Youngling

Mar 2, 2015
    Most underrated and underused character in Star Wars is Agolerga. I want to know a lot more about him :D

mes520 and Binary Sunset like this.
  9. Binary Sunset

Binary Sunset Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 31, 2014
    Cliegg Lars, Bast, Dannl Faytonni, Sun Fac, Achk Med-Beq, Lumas Etima, Nicanas Tassu and Sephjet Josall.

10. Toni112007

Toni112007 Jedi Padawan

Mar 14, 2014
    The most underrated is Firmus Piett. I liked him very much and I was sad when he died.

11. Binary Sunset

Binary Sunset Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 31, 2014
    Oh, yes. Admiral Piett. He was a great character.

Admiral Volshe likes this.
  12. Jangounchained1990

Jangounchained1990 Jedi Knight star 2

May 31, 2015
    Qui Gone Jinn definetly. I hate when people say he has no personality he is a self reliant over confident jedi master who never takes other peoples suggestions and is even willing to disobey them beause he always assums he is in the right.

Now you might think that makes him a unlikable but to say he has no personality other then being stern is just flat out wrong.

mes520 and Sarge like this.
  13. Jangounchained1990

Jangounchained1990 Jedi Knight star 2

May 31, 2015
    Qui Gone Jinn definetly. I hate when people say he has no personality he is a self reliant over confident jedi master who never takes other peoples suggestions and is even willing to disobey them beause he always assums he is in the right.

Now you might think that makes him a unlikable but to say he has no personality other then being stern is just flat out wrong.

14. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
    Bultar Swan

Stass Allie

Agen Kolar

Fordo

hairymuggle likes this.
  15. ObidioJuan

ObidioJuan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2002
    Lot's of EU stuff on the thread. I can't say a character is underrated because of the stuff supposedly cooked up by some writer. Sorry, I enjoy some EU but for me it's not part of the saga or mythos.

As far as underrated. I fail to see how some people may think the Emperor is underrated. He's the only real clear bad guy of the series, (so far).

I think some people are confusing characters that play an important role with characters that are highly rated.

One could say Count Dooky was overrated. Or underrated from your own POV.

To me the most underrated character of the whole saga is Obi-wan Kenobi. [gasp]

He's against Anakin's training (he was proven right).

OB1 beats Grievous single handed.

OB1 draws to a stale-mate and forces Jango to flee in Kamino.

He's the one that kicks Anakin's rear posterior off in ROTS thus preventing Anakin from becoming the all powerful Sith he could've been. He beat single handendly the Chosen One created by the midi-chlorians and the most powerful force user (potentially) of ALL TIME!

Think about that for a second!

Anakin is more powerful than Yoda! yet Obi-wan wins in a hand to hand combat-force duel. Yoda barely escapes Palps.

Obi goes into hiding to wait for the right time/signal to step out and train Luke.

Obi makes it possible for the Millenium Falcon to escape the Death Star (I know Darth Vader let them and hid a beacon in the Falcon and it was a ruse but still).

Obi could've beaten Vader again in ANH but decides to become one with the force to help and aid Luke.

Obi helps Luke by telling him to use the force in the trench run.

Obi helps Luke by telling him find Yoda in the Dagobah system and "guide" Han to find Luke.

Really Obi-wan makes it possible for both Anakin and Luke to overcome everything. He kills Maul, kick Anakin's behind multiple times, kills Grievous, and only become one with the Force of his own free-will. He's underrated.

16. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
    The Jedi in general. With a great deal of it for the PT Jedi.

17. darthtimetraveller

darthtimetraveller Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 9, 2015
    I gotta go with Qui-Gon or Padme. Maybe Obi-Wan too.

18. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I think TC-14 is underrated. It was interesting seeing a more feminine and robotic and less clumsy droid that's of the same make as 3PO.

19. darthtimetraveller

darthtimetraveller Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 9, 2015

If we're going only by the films, then Lando and Dooku as well.

SateleNovelist11 likes this.
  20. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015

Definitely Dooku/Tyranus.

21. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    OOM-9 is underrated in my opinion. "He" conquered Naboo.

22. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015

Good point.

23. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Good catch. Not that there were many obstacles but he did conduct a full planetary invasion successfully and won the battle against the Gungans.

24. Jedi-Gambino

Jedi-Gambino Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 14, 2015
    Jar-Jar-Binks.

He was the one who was the key to the plot of symbiosis in Episode 1 (that went over everyone's heads) of the need for beings to put aside their differences and work together for their own survival. Of how the Gungans and Naboo form a Symbiotic circle in terms of the jedi way and the force and balance exc. and when they get along they can then defeat the greedy Trade Federations Invasion.

And for that matter that plasma energy in Episode 1. Thats what the Greedy Trade Federation invaded the Republic planet Naboo over in the first place. Its mined from the (jedi) planet Naboo just like the dark side energy (the lava) is mined from the (sith) planet Mustafar in Episode 3. Its the exports of the two planets and its symbolic.

Its all just a basic metaphor for the need to get along and to share.

THIS is what goes over everyones head about TPM. Thats the point of that movie.

Jedi Daniel likes this.
  25. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    Oh, I totally get that "he's the key to all of this" in more ways than one; I just don't like it. I mean, Jar Jar is the clear-cut protagonist of the film. He's the only one with enough screen time and character development and direct involvement (the "and" is important) to qualify for the title. So, I get it, but I don't like it.

Sarge likes this.