main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Most Underrated Star Wars Character

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by darklordoftech, Dec 21, 2013.

1. fuzzbox77

fuzzbox77 Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 31, 2008
    Underrated: Admiral Terinald Screed (Star Wars: Droids - 1985) - The first bad ass Imperial Officer and right hand man of the Emperor who only answered to him.

Overrated: Boba Fett - coming from a former BIG Fett fan. HUGELY Overrated for a minor supporting character.

sarlaccsaurs-rex and Darkslayer like this.
  2. FRAGWAGON

FRAGWAGON Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Droids had a slew of cool characters.

fuzzbox77 likes this.
  3. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    any off the Jedi my favourite Eeth Koth. and General Grievous

4. Darth Ardyti

Darth Ardyti Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 1, 2014
    Underrated character(s)...hmmm...

Going to have to go with Qui-Gon, and my personal favorite, Dex. I loved Dex!

FRAGWAGON likes this.
  5. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000

Omg, PiettsHat, sound the alarm! We agree on something! We agree! *claps* Okay, so this comment is over a month old, but still!

I love Bail Organa. In his limited screen time he just put off this quiet confidence and cool level-headedness that I really liked. I don't know if that's all Jimmy Smits's doing or how he was written, but he's one of the few PT characters I felt actual warm feelings for. I would've loved to seen/learned more about him. And he just seemed….nice. It made me feel good that Leia ended up with him as her father. :)

And Wedge Antilles. Definitely. He's one of the few (if not only) Rogue fighters to go up against TWO Death Stars and survive. I love Wedge. And he gets bonus points for being Obi Wan's uncle. ;)

6. PiettsHat

PiettsHat Force Ghost star 4

Jan 1, 2011
    Yep, it fills my heart with joy to see Leia with her adoptive parents at the end of ROTS. I love that Bail had an expanded role in ROTS so that we got to know the person in whose footsteps Leia would be following. I love his line -- "And so it is" -- in response to the clone trooper telling him it's time for him to go. It perfectly caps off that sequence of the film. I'm also very fond of the scene in the beginning when he's talking to Anakin. Just love the contrast of Leia's biological and adoptive fathers.

Jimmy Smits is a wonderful actor too.

Lady_Skywalker87 and Yanksfan like this.
  7. AstroFan428

AstroFan428 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 3, 2003
    I agree on Bail.

8. Loupgarou

Loupgarou Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 19, 2010
    I gotta agree with Lando, I wish people would remember him as part of 'the gang' but they don't.
    The 21-B medical droid on Echo Base, he's such a gentleman.
    Wat Tambor, purely as a great alien design, he doesn't baby enough screen-time to judge him in his character. But visually, he's my favorite Separatist.
    Outside the movies, Savage Oppress. Dismissed as a recolor of Maul with a stupid name (can't argue that last part), he actually is a really engaging and tragic character that I like way more than Maul himself.

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  9. Pearlsaber

Pearlsaber Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    Underrated: Mon Mothma

Overrated: The Fetts

fuzzbox77 and purplerain like this.
  10. Redneck Jedi

Redneck Jedi Jedi Youngling

Dec 22, 2013
    I think the most underated character is Qui Gon definitely

11. FRAGWAGON

FRAGWAGON Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Dex fans unite! One of the best little scenes in the Saga.

12. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Overrated: Boba Fett
    Underrated: Anakin (Jake and Hayden) and Jar Jar

wobbits, CoolyFett, fuzzbox77 and 3 others like this.
  13. Darth Ardyti

Darth Ardyti Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 1, 2014

Agreed! I can't help it, he just seemed so likeable. "Obi-Wan! Old buddy!"

Darth Raiden and FRAGWAGON like this.
  14. Bullhead CIty

Bullhead CIty Jedi Master star 3

Dec 1, 2012
    Dooku by far.

Based solely on screen performance alone, Dooku never lays a solid establishment of his motivations, his personal ambitions, plans, etc. As a result, the audience doesn't completely connect with him IMO. Of course, the decade-long interval between Episodes 1&2 doesn't help matters either. His conversation on Geonosis with Obi Wan was nice, but it was laced with half truths; Dooku never seriously explaining why he defected from the Jedi Order; nor his plans to correct what he felt was wrong with the galaxy. On top of that, he never identifies himself as a Sith. In fact, he wants Obi Wan to help him destroy the Sith?!??!? So... does he not believe he is a Sith Lord, i.e. he joined the enemy to fix everything as a double agent? I understand there's a heavy dose of deceit involved (he's trying to backdoor Kenobi into becoming an agent of evil); and it's that deceitful dialogue spoken during his few opportunities that makes Dooku look like a bumbling old fool. Right up to the point Anakin scissors his head off.

I know these answers I have sought by means of the EU. But, I feel there was a missed opportunity to establish Darth Tyrannus / Count Dooku as a solid character that could emulate some type of audience response beyond being a Jedi light-saber pinata.

darth ladnar likes this.
  15. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    I echo Bullhead City's choice along with my original which I believe was Tarkin but not his reasons. I do not think Dooku told half-truths. I recall only one lie/mistatement. Yet, as nearly everything with SW, perception rules and I don't much care for what the EU did to my fave characters. I stick to the films thus far.

Bullhead CIty likes this.
  16. Darth_Nub

Darth_Nub Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 26, 2009
    I agree with all you've said, but that doesn't make him under-rated, it makes him under-utilised/wasted.

17. skyrimcat9416

skyrimcat9416 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 1, 2013
    This. I never understand the hatred for Lloyd's or Hayden's Anakin.

Both, in my opinion, did a great job as Anakin Skywalker.

And the massive Jar Jar-hate has just gotten old and tiring already.

wobbits, CoolyFett, Samnz and 7 others like this.
  18. Polydroxol

Polydroxol Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 27, 2014
    Sifo Dyas, without the Clones being developed as they were Palpatine's plan would have been much harder to execute.

19. IBYM

IBYM Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 17, 2014
    Qui Gon Jinn, bit of a rebel, trained Obi Wan and was Dooku's apprentice.

20. Battledroid796

Battledroid796 Jedi Youngling

Feb 21, 2014
    Wedge Antilles. He was a great pilot that actually survived but no one really cares. I think he play a bigger importance.

21. Katarn's Beard

Katarn's Beard Jedi Knight

Jan 21, 2014
    The Y-wing pilot that survived Yavin, it would be hard enough to dodge all those TIEs and turbolasers in a fast, fairly agile X-wing, but he did it in the comparatively sluggish Y-wing.

22. Oberst Hans Landa

Oberst Hans Landa Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 12, 2014
    Underrated: Salacious B Crumb

23. jacktherack

jacktherack Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2008
    Mauler Mithel, Cin Drallig, Quinlin Vos, Plo Koon, and Boskk.

24. DRush76

DRush76 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2008

Underrated: (tie) Jar-Jar Binks/Ki-Adi Mundi

25. Garrett Atkins

Garrett Atkins Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 11, 2013
    Wedge was amazing, he survived the Battle's of Yavin, Hoth, and Endor as well as destroying the DS II.

Sarge likes this.