main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Most Underrated Star Wars Character

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by darklordoftech, Dec 21, 2013.

1. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Could you describe Admiral Piett as underrated? He starts off with a storm becoming Vader's right-hand man but then shrinks to become just another Star Destroyer commander. If he was to be consistant with his ESB character he'd have probably taken the Executor into hyperspace when the Battle of Endor turned against the Imperials ;)

2. tnek89

tnek89 Jedi Youngling

Apr 14, 2014
    It was already touched on a little bit earlier but as you can see by by avatar, I'm a huge fan of Shaak Ti, and I think she's pretty underrated. I mean, just to name a few of instances of of her being great, in the clone wars series, her fight with that army of MagnaGuards was pretty impressive. Also she was able to stalemate Anakin Skywalker when the 501st attacked the Jedi Temple. And she proved she was a superior duelist to Galen Marek on Felucia as well. :)

Kao Cen Darach likes this.
  3. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    The Ewoks are also really underrated. I don't get why so many people dislike them. I'd love to see them in the ST!

4. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Meh on them showing up on the disney trilogy. Lol they didnt even show up in Return of the Jedi, even though Palpatine had some political people with him, they were all humans. Let Disney create theit own villians for the new heroes of their movies. No need to get any characters for the PT or OT. Heck i dont even think the leader of either faction of the newer movies should be force users.

5. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    wtf?? This is a terrible generalzation. Not everyone has seen the OT, especially some of the newer Star Wars fans who have only seen the Filoniverse tv shows. Believe me those children do exist.

6. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    Lando does come to mind when I think of underrated characters, though others like Ackbar, Tarkin, Jango Fett and General Veers also spring to mind.

7. ExiIe

ExiIe Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 11, 2014
    dart h bandon

8. El Jedi Colombiano

El Jedi Colombiano Chosen One star 6

Jun 24, 2013
    Jar Jar i have to say. I really don't understand the hatred.

Maybe I'm biased because I love slapstick humor and I love the Three Stooges, and theirs a bit of that quality to Jar Jar, but you know, I genuinely find him funny

9. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    The Coruscant Guard is underrated. I love their red armor and how they help Palpatine serach for Yoda and retrieve Vader's body.

10. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    I have no beef with Jar Jar, but would have been cool if Dex and Jar Jar and the Gungan Captain were merged into one character. Dex was a cool character, worthy of his own video game.

11. Darth Ardyti

Darth Ardyti Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 1, 2014

I don't know about merging them, but I could definitely be good with Dex and Captain Tarpals teaming up. Tarpals is another character that I like that I think is a little underrated.

FRAGWAGON likes this.
  12. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    what movie did this happen in?

13. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    While this is the Saga forum, there's some flexibility:

and Lott Dod is a movie character, even if most of his activities are in TCW.

14. Darth_Articulate

Darth_Articulate Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    Dak. His death is totally Luke's fault and Luke doesn't seem to give two deleteds about it.

Seagoat likes this.
  15. Darth_Nub

Darth_Nub Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 26, 2009

Personally, I think merging Jar-Jar and Watto would have worked brilliantly in TPM. Same role as Jar-Jar (Naboo native tags along with the Jedi), but with Watto's crooked personality - gets into a lot of scrapes through selfishness, greed and cowardice as much as stupidity. Ends up a bit of hero almost despite himself. Basically the same as the two farmers in The Hidden Fortress who originally inspired Artoo & Threepio.

16. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Not sure if he's technically "underrated" but ever since I was given the action figure as a kid I've thought Admiral Ackbar is pretty cool. Plus all of the It's a trap memes and videos he's responsible for make for a good time.

17. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Another example I can think of is Padme. It seems to me that a lot of people seem to be indifferent towards her. I don't often see her negatively criticized nor do I see her highly praised

Cushing's Admirer likes this.
  18. Darth_Nub

Darth_Nub Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 26, 2009

I agree she's somewhat underrated, part of that's probably due to her role shrinking somewhat by the time of ROTS (which, in turn, was partly due to the early Rebellion scenes being deleted).

She's just as much the 'main character' as anyone in TPM, and I think Natalie Portman's performance in it was great. Unfortunately, the clumsiness of the love story in AOTC and the lack of chemistry between Anakin and Padme eroded the character (again, partly due to the deletion of the family scenes on Naboo), and this carried on into ROTS. It's a pity, considering what a talented actress Portman is.

19. Binary Sunset

Binary Sunset Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 31, 2014
    2-1B and FX-7.
    The two treated Luke Skywalker from the wampa scarring. 2-1B is the droid who gave a mechanical hand to Luke Skywalker. 2-1B gave Luke the ability to use a lightsaber once again.

20. Binary Sunset

Dec 31, 2014
    Dak Ralter, Zuckuss, 4-LOM, Shmi, Cliegg, Owen, Beru, Yarael Poof and Yaddle.

NightWatcher91 likes this.
  21. NightWatcher91

NightWatcher91 Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 7, 2014
    Owen and Beru for me. I guess I would have liked to see how they acted when Luke came into their lives. Did they worry about people looking for him? Did they think of leaving or not taking him?

darklordoftech likes this.
  22. Binary Sunset

Dec 31, 2014
    General Veers is extremely underrated.

23. DurararaFTW

DurararaFTW Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2014
    Lando, Tarkin, Jango Fett, Qui-Gon as mentioned. Personally I'd add Maul to the list, though more underrated by writers then viewers. I'm tired of only having impatient, barbaric and animalistic being used to characterise someone who iconically says very little and patiently waits for his enemies all movie. The guy from Clone Wars would never be content sitting down in a hallway, waiting for his opponent to open the door. Then there's Luceno's Maul who was Sith for like 10 minutes when he said "at last we [the Sith] will have our revenge."

darklordoftech likes this.
  24. Malcolm Reynolds

Malcolm Reynolds Jedi Master star 5

Sep 2, 2013
    count dooku and admiral piett

25. Binary Sunset

Dec 31, 2014
    Is Orrimarko underrated? I can't tell. Robot Chicken's skit on him is making me wonder on his status.

DARTH_BELO likes this.