main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Mother of the New Generation, an A/OC AU NJO period with no Vong

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by A-Windsor, Apr 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A-Windsor

A-Windsor Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2003
    Chapter 22: Good-bye
    The council meeting went late into the night and it was full of arguing and debating. Early into it, Kareina excused herself and went back to the room.
    It was well past midnight when Anakin made his way finally into the room. She was asleep on their bed, still in her clothes, obviously trying to wait up for him, but had failed. He removed her shoes gently and shifted her on the bed so she lay straight on it, then tucked the covers over her. Changing into sleep clothes, Anakin crawled under the covers himself. Kari rolled to her side slightly in her sleep. Anakin wrapped his arms around her, feeling her presence. His hand drifted to her stomach, massaging what was their son. He didn?t want to leave. She stirred and turned back over to her back, her eyes fluttering open.
    "How long have you been there, love?" she whispered.
    "Only a few minutes."
    "What time is it?" she asked, rolling the best she could to face him and squinting her eyes against the moonbeam wafting in through the window.
    "Really late."
    "I?m sorry. It took that long?"
    "Yeah," he sighed, pulling her closer to him.
    "What did you decide?"
    "I don?t want to talk about it."
    "You have to."
    "Kareina?"
    "Anakin?"
    Their gazes met and he knew he had to tell her.
    "All ties lead to the Shadow Academy. A force is assembling to meet their threat at Myrkr. I?ve been asked to lead part of it. But I didn?t agree. I promised you my hero days were over. That we?d settle down."
    "You have to go," she said sadly.
    "No, I don?t."
    "Anakin, if you do not go, you let me, the Jedi, and the galaxy down. Our son grows up in a galaxy ridden with their evil where we must worry for him even at the academy. Your heart is a hero?s heart. You must listen to it."
    "My heart belongs to you, hero?s or not."
    "Then listen to me," she said softly, "Forget what you said about settling down. Go be a hero."
    "I don?t want to," he said, laying his head on her chest. "I don?t want to leave you."
    "You have to do lots of stuff you don?t want to do. I?ll be right here when you get back. I promise."
    He was silent for a moment, not wanting to bring up the subject he knew he had to. He sat up and she with him.
    "What if I don?t come back?"
    Fear flashed before her eyes and Anakin?s heart ripped to shreds. He saw tears well in her eyes, but knew she would fight them to the very end. She swallowed hard many times.
    "You will," her voice cracked, "You have to."
    His heart warmed and mended when she said this with such blind faith.
    "I will," he said firmly. "Not even death could stop me from coming back. But if it takes me awhile to get back, remember I love you, please."
    "I will," she smiled. "I never ever forget."
    "Good," he said, caressing her cheek. "And I promise I?ll be back before Kier is born."
    "Alexander," she argued. He laughed and lied back down. She joined him, resting her head on his chest and snuggling under his arm.
    Soon she was asleep, he could tell by her breathing. Anakin looked down at her and the moonbeam shining across her face. The illumination made her seem so innocent and sweet. He didn?t want to leave her. She didn?t mind, she?d been telling the truth she would wait. But what tugged at his heart was the underlying feeling he would never be back. He swallowed hard and settled down for a restless night?s sleep.

The next morning was the memorial for the twenty victims. Kareina and Anakin stood side by side, Eisn awkwardly on Kari?s hip and Jeair on Anakin?s. Uyeals stood in front of the couple. To one side stood Duncan Vanguardia, Eisn?s father, and next to him Uyeals? parents and Jeair?s parents. On the other side stood the rest of the Skywalker-Solo family, Han, Leia, Mara, holding Ben, Luke, Jaina, and Jacen.
    Luke stepped forward into the center of the circle of Jedi. Clearing his throat and controlling his grief, he spoke.
    "My fellow Jedi, we are here today to honor those fallen. They did not fall in battle, fighting, but died thousands of times more honorably. They died because evil had its way. It w

2. C3SoloP0

C3SoloP0 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 10, 2002
    Oh my God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You made me cry!!!!!!! No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The mention of Myrkr gives me chills all the way down my spine......

Please don't kill Anakin........

3. A-Windsor

Apr 22, 2003
    Chapter 23: Farewell
    The bag that dangled over Anakin Solo?s arm felt millions of times heavier than it really was. It seemed to hold him back, as if magnetically pulling him to his academy room. And to Kareina. She stood next to him and he could tell she was restraining tears. He could feel his own tears welling, but for her sake and his, he couldn?t let them flow. He grabbed at her hand, cupping it in his own and feeling the trembling. He brought her fingers to his lips and kissed them gently.
    "You are worrying. I can tell."
    "You expect me to be doing anything else?" she managed, her throat tight. Then in a moment of weakness, her knees buckled. He grabbed her around the waist and steadied her, but she fell into his arms, tears streaming down her face. "I don?t want you to go. I don?t want you to get hurt," she sobbed into his chest.
    He rubbed her back gently, trying his best to soothe her. "Oh, kid. It?ll be okay. I promised. Remember?"
    He felt the movement of her head as a nod. "You said you?ll be back. I don?t doubt that. But will you come back in one piece?"
    A bittersweet grin spread across Anakin?s face. "I?ll try my best."
    They stayed as they were for what seemed years. Then Kari finally whispered, "I love you, Ani."
    "And I you, kid, and I you." Then he kissed her fiercely one final time, hugged her close, and boarded his X-wing.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________
    Anakin?s astromech droid, the R7 unit Fiver, tweeted something at him
    "How long ?til rendezvous, Fiver? Three hours?" he asked while he read the screen. "Ok, wake me up, then."
    Fiver tweedled his affirmative answer. Anakin settled into his hibernation trance in the X-wing cockpit.
    Three short hours later, the astromech beeped loudly, using the signal Anakin set up for him. Anakin woke with a start from his trance. He shook the bit of drowsiness away and checked his sensors. Everyone seemed to be dropping out okay. Jaina and Jacen were to his left. Duncan Vanguardia was to his right, along with Corran Horn and Keyan Farlander. Several other Jedi made up the remainder of their squadron, including Zekk, Lowbacca, Tenel Ka, and Ganner Rhysode. His uncle had stayed behind, but given Anakin command of the Jedi, for reasons unknown to him.
    ?Everyone ok?? he transmitted, turning on his comm.
    Lowbacca growled affirmative, others clicked their comms in agreement.
    ?Everything is clear here, Little Brother,? Jaina responded.
    ?Copy, Sticks,? he answered, then switched to private line with his older sister. ?You got anything??
    ?Nothing, looks like we beat them here.?
    Anakin reopened the general line. ?Anyone sense anything? Seems like no one knows we?re here.?
    ?Got the same thing, Little Brother,? Corran?s response came.
    ?Nothing here,? Keyan answered. Jaina, Corran, and Keyan were the most experienced fighter pilots in the group.
    ?Got that. Head towards the planet, but keep your eyes open. They could be here any minute,? he commanded.
    The X-wings turned towards Myrkr in a loose formation.
    ?Little Brother,? Duncan Vanguardia?s voice called over the comm. ?Looks like a squadron and a capital ship coming in to port. Broadcasting as friendlies.?
    Then there was a crackle of another voice coming over the frequency.
    ?This Col. Gavin Darklighter, Rogue Squadron, requesting to speak with the squadron leader. Do you copy? We?re here to help, Jedi.?

Author's Note: I make myself cry too! heh. well, sometimes. anyway, i hope everyone's enjoying this!

4. forceaddict

forceaddict Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 20, 2002
    great posts keep up the great work

that one post was really sad, great work

5. A-Windsor

Apr 22, 2003

Chapter 24: Unwanted Help
    ?Negative, Rogues. This is Jedi business,? Anakin responded.
    ?Who is this?? Col. Darklighter said, ignoring Anakin?s refusal. ?We caught word you were coming here to deal with some Shadow Academy forces. Is Sticks with you??
    ?I?m here, Colonel,? Jaina answered. Anakin could almost feel her happiness at seeing the Rogues again.
    ?Lt. Solo, I was wondering when you were going to come fly with us again. Looks like you?ve gotten yourself your own squadron.?
    ?Negative, sir. This is Little Brother?s command.?
    ?Well, whoever?s command it is, we heard what happened at the academy. We are going to help. No protests.?
    Jaina sent a message through Anakin?s astromech. ?We could use the help. They?ve got a capital ship.?
    ?No, Jaina,? Anakin retorted, ?It?s not their business, I won?t have their blood on my hands.?
    Jacen joined the conversation. ?I understand your feelings, Anakin, and it is your choice, but with a capital ship and another squadron at our back, the chance of survival is higher.?
    Anakin contemplated this for a moment. Then he sighed and spoke to the Rogue Squadron leader. ?Ok, Rogue Leader. Who?s your big friend over there??
    ?The Freedom. Feel free to dock your ships on her. The Shadow Academy?s forces were last sighted three days away from here, this morning. We have an Imperial squadron along with us.?
    ?Imps?? Corran asked, surprised.
    ?Yes, an attempt to smooth relations after the treaty. Col. Jagged Fel leads the squadron.?
    ?We would be happy to accept your hospitality, Colonel,? Anakin said, turning his fighter towards the Freedom and saying to his squadron, ?Shall we??

Hey, you thought you'd only get one chapter, but here's a pleasant surprise:

Chapter 25: Late-night conversations
    Anakin couldn?t sleep two nights later. Something was stirring in the recycled air. Or maybe it was outside the Mon Cal cruiser. Something was coming. He wandered the halls dressed in a coarse Jedi robe, his thoughts lying only on his beloved Kareina and returning to her. He had done a lot in the last year. His exploits all over the galaxy in stopping the ?bad guys? and settling planetary disputes were well-known. And three months ago, he would have jumped at the chance to charge off to stop the Shadow Academy in its tracks. He?d not have given it a second thought. But he was not the same person he had been three months prior. People were counting on him. The brave hero wanted to be no where else but home.
    His wanderings brought him to his brother?s door. Anakin knocked lightly on Jacen?s room door. He realized it was the middle of the night, but he had to talk to him. Maybe then he could get some sleep.
    Jacen answered the door with tousled curls.
    ?Hello Anakin. What?s wrong?? his voice, husky with sleep, said.
    ?Can I talk to you??
    ?Of course. Come in.?
    Anakin came in and sat on a chair in the corner of Jacen?s small room.
    ?What is bothering you?? Jacen asked, knowing very well what it was.
    Anakin looked into his big brother?s eyes of brandy and said, ?Will you promise me something, Jacen??
    ?Of course, Anakin, anything,? Jacen said.
    ?That if I, don?t come back from this, you?ll take care of them. Kari and the baby. They will need someone.?
    Jacen didn?t want to think of leaving Myrkr without his brother. ?Anakin, you're coming back.?
    ?Just promise me, Jacen, please,? his painful voice pleaded.
    Jacen looked his brother straight in the ice blue eyes. He swallowed the lump forming in his throat.
    ?I promise, Anakin. They?ll be well looked after.?
    ?Give her this,? he said, pulling a datacard out of his pocket and taking Jacen?s hand. He put the card in Jacen?s hand, then curled Jacen?s fingers over it. ?And tell her,? his voice cracked off. ?Tell her I?m sorry. Sorry for breaking my promise. And I love her. Tell my son I love him and his mother more than anything I?ve ever loved in the galaxy and I tried my hardest to come back to them. Give my boy my lightsaber.? He unclipped the Jedi weapon from his belt and gave it to his brother.
    ?Anakin, I,

6. forceaddict

Sep 20, 2002
    great work

does anakin know he's not coming back???

7. C3SoloP0

Dec 10, 2002
    Aw man.....

that scene between Anakin and Jacen was sooo sad....

I found myself wanting to cry all over again....

You're gonna kill Anakin aren't you?

*leaves crying*

8. A-Windsor

Apr 22, 2003
    Chapter 26: The First Wave
    ?All pilots to your fighters, all pilots to your fighters,? a monotone voice called over the intercom system of the Mon Calamari Cruiser Freedom.
    This loud, obnoxious noise was Anakin?s rude wake up call. He rolled over and bashed his head against the nightstand. In a series of eloquent curses, he dressed into his pilot?s flight suit and ran out the door. It was a dead sprint to his X-wing.
    ?Jedi Squadron clear. Rogues go. Col. Fel, your squadron is clear,? the controller announced quickly.
    Anakin checked his sensors. The best force, as far as they could tell, the Shadow Academy had to offer was two Victory-class Star Destroyers and six squadrons of TIEs. Still, they outnumbered the New Republic forces two to one.
    Within moments the Shadow forces were firing on them.
    ?Evasive,? all the commanders cried to their pilots, and the orders were followed with precise military action. All but the Jedi. The Jedi didn?t need orders, they were already in the battle mesh, feeding off each other?s senses and reactions.
    Anakin felt a white burst of pain rush through his body and immediately thought he was dead. But another feeling rushed over him: grief. One of his squadron members was gone. He found every one of them, Jay, Jace, Corran, the others, save one. Jacen?s anguished cry of ?Duncan!? confirmed it. The first casualty of the day had been Duncan Vanguardia.
    Anakin forced himself to regain his composure. ?Regroup,? he croaked, though it was a futile venture, since the others already knew what he was going to say.
    The New Republic and the Jedi went on to win the day in an hour, sending the Shadow Academy retreating with half their force. But something in Anakin?s gut told him they would be back. If not the next day, then the next week. There were no more casualties for the Jedi, and only one on the other two squadrons. But the day did not seem won to the Jedi. With the victory came the loss of a dear friend, and a loving father. It left a small boy orphaned with no one to turn to. Anakin climbed slowly out of the X-wing and walked in a daze to his room.

Okay, so my action is [edited] so here's one more chappie.

Amidala_Skywalker note -- edited for profanity.

Chapter 27: A Call Home

Anakin settled into the comm center where he would have a bit of privacy. It was a rough call he had to make and the only bright light at the end of the tunnel was he might be able to talk to his beloved. Duncan?s loss shrouded his heart and made it heavy, burdening him. It was under his command Duncan died, under his command Eisn was orphaned.
    His mother answered the comm.
    ?Anakin?? she asked in surprise.
    ?Hello, Mother,? he replied heavy-heartily.
    ?Anakin, we felt it. It was Duncan, right? He?s?dead.?
    Anakin nodded slowly.
    ?Eisn didn?t seem to feel it. He?s been kept busy with Jeair and Kareina.?
    Anakin swallowed. ?Just confirm it with everyone, please. And tell Eisn.?
    ?Of course.?
    ?How is she? I haven?t been able to stop thinking about her. I feel so horrible for leaving her. I can?t get her off my mind. I?? he realized how much he was saying and stopped. He hadn?t been one for sharing his feelings in the past. Even Kari had to prod.
    ?You?re in love, Ani,? his mother smiled, ?It?s normal. Stay on the line and I?ll go get her.?
    Anakin couldn?t help the grin sliding across his face. ?Thanks.?
    Quarter of an hour later, a beautiful face filled the holoscreen. One traced with the lines of fear and grief, but adorned with a smile.
    ?Kareina,? Anakin breathed and he was filled with an overwhelming urge to be home in her arms. ?How are you doing??
    ?Missing you horrendously,? she smiled. Leave it to her to keep herself up amidst waves of pain.
    ?Not as horrendously as I miss you,? he joked back.
    ?I should hope not. You should be missing me horrendously beyond measure.?
    ?That I am, kid, that I am. You heard about Duncan??
    She nodded.
    ?How?d Eisn take it??
    ?He?s sobbing in your mother?s arms at the moment. He doesn?t have anyone else??
    Eve

9. A-Windsor

Apr 22, 2003
    It's my birthday!!!!!

Chapter 28:
    As soon as the comm clicked off, Kareina broke into tears. Her head fell onto the desk and hot tears dripped on the surface. She couldn?t hold herself up any longer. There was only so much she could take.
    She felt a comforting hand on her shoulder. Immediately she recognized the gentle touch as Leia?s. Late night memories from so many years ago flowed back to her. The nights spent crying on the back porch of the Solo home after the fights with her parents. The same comforting hand reassuringly rubbing her back.
    ?Thanks,? she whispered through her sobs.
    ?He?ll come back, Kareina. He loves you too much to do otherwise,? Leia soothed.
    Kari nodded sadly, then changed the subject. ?Where?s Eisn??
    ?Right outside the door, he?s been asking for you.?
    Kari rose from the chair and walked softly to the door. Sitting on the floor, slumped against the cold wall was little Eisn Vanguardia. His face was red with crying and his clothes were disheveled.
    ?Hey buddy,? she said softly. In a slow, ungraceful manner, she sat beside him on the floor. Almost immediately he snuggled up to her and intertwined his arms with hers.
    ?Hi Kari,? he said sadly.
    ?You want to talk??
    He shook his head no. ?Where I sleep??
    ?You can sleep in my room if you want. Or with Jeair and his parents. Wherever you want, Eisn.?
    ?Really? With you?? His tear-swollen eyes widened.
    ?Of course. I have an important question to ask you, but it can wait if you aren?t ready to talk.?
    ?I talk,? he answered stoutly.
    ?Good. Are you sure you don?t remember any family?besides your dad??
    Eisn nodded yes. ?Positively. Just me and Papa.?
    ?Well then, legally, you?ll need a guardian, otherwise you will be handed over to the government and put in an orphanage with other kids who don?t have parents. Someone will have to adopt you.?
    She looked down at his small body, light brown hair, and into his blue-green-gray eyes.
    ?You and Anakin adopt me?? Eisn asked, looking up at her earnestly.
    ?Only if you would like us to. It?s your decision.?
    ?I wanna! I wanna!? Eisn cried.
    ?Ok, ok,? Kareina grinned. ?I?ll work on it first thing tomorrow, I promise. Now let?s take you off to bed, little one.?
    ??Kay,? Eisn yawned, ?But I ain?t sleepy.?
    ?Of course not.? Kari grabbed his hand and led him to her room. They picked some things up at Eisn?s old rooms, and by the time they reached Kari?s room, Eisn was sleeping soundly in her arms against her shoulder.
    Gently, she laid his sleeping body on the cot Leia had Han bring over for the boy and pulled the covers up to his chubby chin.
    ?Good night, little one,? she whispered, placing a kiss on his forehead.
    She moved to the window and stared out of it. A warm breeze whipped at her face and tugged at a stray tendril of blonde. To be so young and so easy to forget grief she thought, reflecting on how quickly Eisn had perked up. Thoughts of grief immediately led to those of Anakin. She remembered the first time she?d set foot on the jungle moon that was now her second home. It was a year after Anakin and Kareina had become an ?item?. Only after incessant begging from the quiet boy had she agreed and he had an earful of how she was only going for him on the long flight there. But after one foot hit the soft jungle soil, she immediately loved the place. Just as she loved the young man who had brought her there. They?d spent the next week running all through the temples and the jungle, up and down trees, laughing like children much younger than 14. It had been an amazing week.
    Shaking from her reverie, she noticed her hand had subconsciously fell to her ever-growing abdomen. She could feel him in there, her growing son. Not as Anakin could, but on another level, one only shared by a mother and her child.
    There was a light knock on the door. She walked over and opened it softly. Flaming red curls met her.
    ?Hey Mara,? she whispered. ?Can I help you??
    ?I just want to talk, if you have time? Oh, and you are almost family, so I guess you can call me Aunt Mara if

10. A-Windsor

Apr 22, 2003
    c'mon people!!!

up

11. C3SoloP0

Dec 10, 2002
    Here I am, Here I am!!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY A-Windsor!!!!!!!!!!
    I love birthdays... :) :)

Those chappies were great........you don't suck at action...I love seeing the three Solo children out there together in action..as long as they all come back......

More soon!!!

12. forceaddict

Sep 20, 2002
    sorry

not that much time to go online, been working alot

great work

nothing better happen to anakin

13. A-Windsor

Apr 22, 2003
    up! Sorry guys, a new chapter soon but i'm in the process of switching computers.

14. A-Windsor

Apr 22, 2003
    Chapter 29: Sibling Help
    Anakin shook the tears off of his face. Now was not the time to break down. He admonished himself for showing such weakness. Where was the big hero everyone thought he was? Where was the person who always saved the day? But he didn?t save Duncan.
    He felt the gentle hand of his sister upon his shoulder. He turned in the chair to look at her. Quickly, he wiped the remainder of the tears off of his face, hoping she didn?t see them.
    ?It?s ok, Ani, You have every right to cry,? Jaina said, pulling a seat over across from his.
    ?No, I have to be strong. For her,? he said, not looking at her.
    ?Kari isn?t here to see you break down. You can?t keep your feelings pent up, it'll lead to the darkside,? she soothed, placing a hand on his forearm. ?You aren?t invincible. You are human. You are mortal. Otherwise, you couldn?t love her.?
    ?I know that,? Anakin spat. ?But everyone has such faith in me. Jaya, they follow me blindly. And all I do is get them killed, while I myself seem to live. But Jaya,? his voice dropped to a whisper. ?Something tells me I?m not coming home. There is something deep inside of me telling me it?s the end. I don?t want to leave her. I can?t.? He let loose a wavering sigh.
    ?Don?t say that Anakin!? Jaina cried, throwing her arms around her brother. ?You will live, and you will return to her. She needs you!?
    He raised his ice blue eyes, moving a lock of dark brown, unruly hair from them with a shake of his head, and locked his eyes with Jaina?s.
    ?We?re adopting Eisn,? he said after moments of silence. ?I wonder how we are going to explain having a son only fourteen years younger than we are.? He snorted sarcastically.
    ?Who cares what people say? You guys will make great parents.?
    ?Oh, I know Kari?s going to make a great mother. It?s in her nature. It?s one of the things I love about her, one of the many. But can I be a father?? He shook his head.
    ?Have you talked to Kareina about it??
    ?I don?t want to worry her about it,? he sighed.
    ?You need to Anakin. Though I don?t think you have anything to worry about. You ARE going to make a good father. From the way you handle Ben, I can tell.?
    ?Maybe,? Anakin said.
    ?Definitely.?
    Anakin grinned. ?Now that I have shared, I think it is your turn. What is on your mind, big sister of mine? And do I have to start worrying about this Jag Fel? You seem to be spending lots of time with him.?
    Jaina blushed and tried to steer around the topic. Anakin?s blue eyes bored into her, prompting her.
    ?Fine. I don?t know how I feel, Ani. How do you know if it is love or not? How did you know you loved Kari??
    ?There was a certain way she looked at me, a certain way she smiled. It clicked in my heart. I don?t remember it all that well. It was a long time ago.? Anakin?s eyes took on the look of far off remembrance.
    ?How long??
    ?About four years ago. We were thirteen.?
    ?I don?t know what it is, Anakin. Something inside me flies when he looks at me. And maybe it is love. But what if he doesn?t love me? How do you put yourself on the line like that??
    ?It?s hard, Jay. Really hard. But you have to trust that if it is meant to be it will be. And if he loves you, and you love him,? he sighed, ?There?s no better thing in the universe.?
    ?I hope it is, Ani. I?ve often felt left out when it comes to things like this. You?ve always had Kari. And Jacen has Tenel Ka, even though neither will admit it to each other or anyone else. They?re probably together right now, lying to each other about their feelings.?
    ?Jaina, you will fall in love. There is someone out there for you. Whether or not it is this Fel, that is yet to be determined, big sis.?
    ?Of anyone I know, you are the one I think would no best, Anakin. You have had all the luck in love. There are so many women who would be dying to be with you, yet you have only loved one, and stayed true.?
    ?Two,? Anakin corrected. ?I have loved two, yet stayed true to only one.?
    He stared off into the blankness of the metallic wall, his fingers pursed together in the Jedi fashion that

15. C3SoloP0

Dec 10, 2002
    That was a sweet post....

Jaina, you will fall in love. There is someone out there for you
    Yeah....and you know who it is? Kyp Durron.

16. A-Windsor

Apr 22, 2003
    Chapter 30: The Second Wave Arrives
    Anakin pulled the plate back on the XJ3 X-wing. There was something wrong with the wiring, he could feel it. Fiver twirdled a confused reply to his latest question.
    ?Here it is, Fiver. Wire is fried. Can you go get me another one, bud?? Anakin replied patting his beloved R7 unit on his black dome. His triangle visual sensor swiveled towards his Master Anakin and he beeped a quick and happy affirmative.
    ?Thanks, Fiver buddy.?
    ?An AreSeven in an X-wing, interesting,? a deep voice behind him commented as Fiver rolled off towards the central mechanic storage, tweedling happily to be serving his revered master.
    Anakin turned to face the dashing Colonel Fel, his white streak of hair contrasting against the black of the rest of his garb.
    ?Colonel Fel,? Anakin wiped the grease off and stuck out his hand diplomatically. Fel shook it firmly.
    ?Jedi Solo. I was admiring your AreSeven unit. He seems very loyal and I haven?t seen very many AreSevens work in anything but an E-wing.?
    ?Oh,? the quiet Anakin grinned sheepishly and modestly, ?I, uh, modified him. Fiver?s systems work better with the XJ3 than any other unit would. Or even an AreSeven would normally work in an E-wing.? Anakin blushed when he realized he was bordering on boasting. ?But, uh, it took me a while. He kind of took a liking to me.?
    Fel?s eyes narrowed, studying the Jedi. ?You are not as I expected you. You are very quiet, withdrawn.?
    Anakin grinned a little. ?You should have seen me when I was younger. Kari had to do all my speaking.?
    ?Kari, your fiancée, right??
    Anakin nodded sadly, turning to examine the wire again. He couldn?t think about her. He couldn?t think about what he thought deep down in his heart was going to happen. Because, equally deep down in his heart, he wanted more than anything for him to be wrong about that feeling.
    ?You are good in the pilot seat,? Fel said, tugging on the edge of his tunic. ?Is it all Jedi??
    Anakin thought about that. ?I don?t know,? he admitted. ?I?ve just always been good. Not as good as Jaina though.?
    ?Ah, Jaina,? Fel?s face brightened. ?She is excellent. I have had many conversations with her.?
    Anakin grinned on the inside and risked a look at Col. Fel, who, when he realized Anakin was looking at him, wiped the grin from his face. But the feelings had been felt by the incredibly sensitive young Jedi. The young Colonel Jagged Fel was in love with Anakin?s big sister! Boy, would he have fun with this new information. No fears for Jaina now. Anakin only hoped it would work out for them. He wanted his older sister to know the feeling of a lover?s touch, the sweetness of a goodnight kiss, and the sensation of knowing there was always someone at your back who would always see the worst in you, and love you all the while.
    ?Anyway,? Fel composed himself. ?Have you really done all of the things everyone says you have??
    ?It depends on what they have said I?ve done,? he grinned.
    Jag Fel laughed. ?You are a hero, Anakin Solo. Why don?t you act like it? You could have millions of women hanging on you at every minute. You could be rich, famous.?
    ?It is not the Jedi way,? Anakin answered simply. ?And I love Kareina, I don?t need anyone else. Kareina, Eisn, and whatever my unborn son?s name turns out to be, they are all that matter. Their safety. It is worth more than my life. I do not need to be rich, I get all the reward in helping people. I don?t need to be more famous than I apparently already am. It makes life harder.?
    Fel looked like he was going to answer but a blaring wail interrupted them. Anakin grabbed the wire from the newly arrived Fiver and quickly replaced the old one, hoping to the Force it worked.
    ?Fiver, when you get in there, make sure that wire is working,? Anakin ordered, using the Force to elevate the astromech droid into his socket. Anakin saw Jag Fel rush to his clawcraft and his brother and sister rush to their X-wings. He saw his sister and Jag lock stares for a moment before climbing into their ships. It was serene moment

17. forceaddict

Sep 20, 2002
    great work, can't wait to see what happens keep up the great work

18. C3SoloP0

Dec 10, 2002
    Jag Fel ain't nothing but trouble mesays...

But apparently...we are dealing with an eventual J/J on the side.....interesting....

No hard feelings though....

I really hope that Anakin won't die...that'll unsettle me for weeks......dam Star by Star.....

Edit: spelling mistake

19. A-Windsor

Apr 22, 2003
    yes, yes, J/J on the side, but it won't be much. sorry

20. A-Windsor

Apr 22, 2003
    Chapter 31: A Fallen Friend
    Two days after Anakin?s call, Kareina watched Eisn and Jeair run around the hangar, now nearly empty from the lack of Jedi XJ3s filling it. She placed her hands on her lower back and stretched greatly. Her lower back popped and her expanding stomach lurched forward. The light giggles of the children hung in the air and Kareina closed her eyes and breathed deeply, her hand coming to rest on her stomach. In her mind?s eye she saw what she hoped would be a few years later. Eisn, a little older, old enough to be trained now, five, it looked, ran around in the hangar like he was now. This time it was filled with X-wings now, silent, inanimate birds. A dark haired toddler ran behind him. He looked so much like Anakin, Kari felt tears spring to her eyes, but she fought them back. The boys ran up to her, screaming and giggling in delight.
    ?Mommy, Mommy,? the younger one cried, his hand resting on her still enlarged stomach.
    Geez, she thought to herself, Am I ever not going to be pregnant?
    ?Mommy, when baby come??
    Kareina felt the daydream fading, but not before a very recognizable hand laid itself on her shoulder.
    ?Oh, Ani,? she whispered as the rest of the dream faded.
    ?Kari, Kari, you ?kay?? Eisn asked, tugging on her hand. Kari opened her eyes to see Jeair and Eisn?s wondering faces.
    ?I?m fine, little ones,? she soothed, brushing some light brown hair out of his special eyes. She saw the amazing amount of caring radiating in their eyes and she smiled down on them. ?Are you guys done playing? It?s getting dark, we should head up to bed.?
    ?Kay, kay,? they chirped in unison, grabbing her hands. With one child on either side, she started up the steps of the temple, looking behind her just once and glancing up at the darkening sky and the stars starting to twinkle.
    ?Please come home, Anakin,? she said almost inaudibly.

~*~*~

?Force, there are a lot of them!? Anakin cursed as he dodged an incoming TIE. The battle raged on around him. The returning force had been much larger. The New Republic and Imperial forces were badly outnumbered. The Shadow Academy forces consisted of four capital ships and more TIEs than Anakin could count.
    Two TIEs came at him on either side. Pulling the controls, he went up, letting the less quick pilots crash into each other in a red and orange explosion. A tickling of a sense sent him into a roll as one passed him on the right, laser cannons firing. Lining the TIE up in his sights, Anakin pressed the firing button of his X-wing and watched the TIE explode in a wash of red fire.
    He banked left as one came up on his tail, throwing the X-wing into a corkscrewing dive. The Jedi jerked back on the joystick to pull out of it, but the X-wing wouldn?t respond.
    ?Fiver?? Anakin cried, trying to keep the franticness out of his voice. As the others saw what he was doing, he felt their worry as well, but tried to ignore it. ?Fiver, what?s going? Why won?t it pull up?? But as soon as the words were out of his mouth, he knew why. He remembered the wire. Fiver had run his check, but it could have disconnected or something. Anakin swallowed and watched as the surface of Myrkr got closer and closer. It enveloped the entire view port now.
    ?Jacen,? Anakin said almost calmly over the general comm. ?Jacen don?t forget what I told you. You promised, Jacen.?
    ?No!? Jacen cried as he and the others looked on in horror as Anakin Solo?s XJ3 spiraled past the outer atmosphere of the Force-forsaken planet.
    ?Anakin!? Jaina screamed after him, almost losing control of her fighter. Anakin?s comm had been cut off now, and they could no longer feel him. He had fallen and crashed in the jungles of Myrkr. They couldn?t feel his death, because he had been blocked by the ysalamiri. ?Ani, Ani,? she continued to cry.
    Jacen was likewise shedding tears.
    ?Come on, Jedi, pull it together,? Corran?s pained voice came over the comm. ?We?ve still got a battle to win. Let?s do it for Little Brother.?
    Reluctantly, the remaining Jedi clicked there comms in an affirmative

21. A-Windsor

Apr 22, 2003
    *cringes* Sorry guys....... don't leave me yet, blue skies are ahead.

22. C3SoloP0

Dec 10, 2002
    Did you just do what I think you did????

Did you??

Did YOU????????????????????????????

*okay okay...control...get control...*

pant
    pant

You didn't right?

Please....please.....please??

23. A-Windsor

Apr 22, 2003
    Chapter 32:
    Leia Organa Solo woke from her sleep crying and screaming. Sweat pasted her long brown hair to her forehead and her cheeks were splotchy and red. Her husband woke beside her.
    ?Leia, what is it?? he asked worriedly, placing his arms around her.
    ?Anakin?? she whispered. ?I?ve lost him. I can?t feel him.? Her face was pale and she was shaking all over. ?He, he?s gone, Han. I think he is dead.? Then tears overtook her again and she no longer said anything.
    Han?s face was just as pallid now. His youngest son, the hero of the generation, was gone, dead. No one had ever thought it could happen. He was the hope of the ages, the hero, everyone thought he was invincible. Not to make any of the Jedi on the mission less important, but Anakin had to come back. His life had just gotten back in order and now?
    Han Solo shuddered and he felt weak. A whine came from the doorway. Chewbacca stood there, a painful look on his hairy face.

The New Republic fought with a new fervor, brought on by the falling of their hero. They went on to win and every last one of the Shadow Academy soldiers was wiped out in the battle. But the Jedi felt dirty in winning this. They felt like they?d slaughtered them. While the rest of the forces rejoiced in the cafeteria, the Jedi held silent vigil outside the room that had been Anakin Solo?s during his short and restless stay. The twins were a wreck.
    Jaina stood in the doorway, Jag Fel?s hand on her shoulder, sobbing repeatedly, ?Ani, Ani, my dear little brother.?
    Jacen stood at her side, a holocard and Anakin?s purple lightsaber in one hand, the other resting against the wall. His unruly brown curls were even more so and Tenel Ka?s hand rested on his shoulder. Corran took a step into the room boldly, coming to Anakin?s nightstand. There was a holographic picture sitting on the metal table next to the metal cot built into the wall. Corran activated the picture and it sprang forth from the unit.
    As everyone suspected, it was Kareina D?naleigh in all her resplendent gentleness. The holo had been taken when she was sixteen, a year and a half ago, and Anakin had always claimed it among his most prized possessions.
    Kareina graduated from her basic academy on Coruscant two years ahead of all her peers. She?d looked radiant in all her poise even at her younger age, the perfect Senator?s daughter. And that is why she was graduating early, that was what she had pushed herself to become. Her dress had been blacker than midnight and stopped at her knees, also leaving most of her shoulders bare. Her blonde hair was in a simple bun on the back of her high held head. The simplicity of it was stunning and the symbolism of the color told all it was not as happy of a day as it should have been. Until Anakin had shown up unexpectedly, that was. When she went up onto the stage to receive her special recognition, not knowing he was in the audience, he stood up and clapped loudest of all. He was waiting for her when it was over with open arms and a dozen of her favorite flowers from Yavin 4. Then, now that she was happy, he made her pose for the picture before taking her out to dinner.
    They all remembered hearing stories of that day. The devotion of their fallen comrade to his love sunk into them deeply. His love, his fiancée, the too young Kareina D?naleigh waiting at home with their unborn child; however were they going to tell her?
    Ganner croaked this concern. ?Force,? he stumbled, ?How are we going to tell her??
    ?We aren?t,? Jacen corrected. ?It's my duty. I swore to him?? Tears he didn?t want to come halted him. Tenel Ka?s grip on his shoulder was tighter, but comforting. He fell back into her.
    ?We should get going,? Keyan said lowly.

Anakin opened his eyes to the bright light. ?I must be dead,? he thought to himself. ?I broke my promise. Kari??
    Then there was an electronic warbling and a slight electrical shock in his side.
    ?Hey, watch it!? he cried in pain, opening his eyes all the way and looking for Fiver. Unfortuneately, all he found was Fiver's remain

24. A-Windsor

Apr 22, 2003
    Chapter 33:Breaking the News
    ?We should go check it out for ourselves, Jaya. We can?t be sure, and?? Jacen stopped. The Jedi shuttles were pulling out of the Freedom?s hangar. Luke had sent them a day earlier, after hearing Corran?s report that most of the XJ3?s were in too bad of shape to make the hyperspace trip. Jacen and Jaina were in the cockpit, Jaina and Jag piloting.
    ?The Rogues checked thoroughly, Jacen. No one could have survived that crash,? Jaina?s voice quavered.
    Jag reached a reassuring hand to her arm, calming her rising fit of tears so it lowered again. Jacen stared off at the distance growing between the shuttle and Myrkr.
    ?Still?? Jacen trailed off.
    ?Jacen, there is nothing any of us can do but return to your parents in one piece,? a level headed Jag Fel tried to reason.
    ?And Kari,? Jaina whispered.

A sick feeling was growing in Kareina D?naleigh?s stomach and it was way too late in her pregnancy for morning sickness. One by one the shuttles landed, and one by one the weary Jedi departed their ships. With every Jedi that was not Anakin, her heart fell further. Eisn Vanguardia, who had now become her oldest son, stood stoically at her side like a little soldier himself. Even his young senses could tell something was wrong, something just wasn?t right.
    The last shuttle made its landing somberly, not a good omen in itself. Jag Fel, who had escorted Jaina back to the academy, proving to everyone else what they had thought all along, was the first down the ramp, turning to help Jaina. Jacen was the last and the door closed behind him. Tears began to form in Kareina?s eyes as she suspected the worst. Still, she held her back straight until Jacen approached her. Eisn looked up at the older people sadly as Jacen began to speak.
    ?Kari?? he began, tears forming in his own eyes looking into her glassy orange eyes. ?I, I?m so sorry, but Anakin? he didn?t make it.?
    Kareina fell back to rest against the hangar wall as this set in. A cry of utter anguish and grief escaped her lips when she comprehended what he had just said. She sank to the floor, sobbing, and brought her knees against her stomach as much as she could. Eisn dropped to all fours beside her and burrowed into her arms. He sat on what little lap she had left and wrapped his short arms around her.
    Leia was soon at her side. Through all the grief Leia herself was experiencing at the loss of her youngest son, she tried to console the young woman. But she seemed to hear nothing, focusing solely inward and the two small remainders of her life she held between her arms, Eisn and her unborn son.
    For the first time, as the others gave them space, Eisn called Kareina what had always felt right. ?Is ok, Mommy. I here.?
    Her tears only fell harder and she clung to him, the only one she had left now, with an even tighter embrace. A light hand brushed Kari?s shoulder, trying to get her attention. Instead, Eisn looked up at the intruder.
    ?Hi, Jaina,? he whispered.
    Jaina forced the smile that wanted to appear on her face. ?Hello, Eisn. How about we take you to Jeair?s room tonight? Give Kari some space.?
    ?No,? he replied stoutly. ?Mommy needs me.?
    Jaina felt herself begin to cry at the young Eisn?s ?Mommy?. It felt so natural to the young toddler to call Kareina?s mommy. He?d most likely have found it only a little harder to call Anakin ?Daddy?. It had just seemed so right, and yet the Force had seen it not so.
    ?Eisn, come on,? she said more firmly to the Chandrillan boy. She tugged on the boy?s arm as he clung even more firmly to his adopted mother.
    ?Go with Aunt Jaina,? an older voice behind her commanded him.
    ?Ok, Gramma,? Eisn sighed. Again the innocence of his change struck Jaina when she saw him turn to her mother and call her ?Gramma?. He turned in Kareina?s arms to face her and almost loudly whispered, ?I love you, Mommy.? His innocent lips touched her tear stained cheek and he carefully disentangled himself. He grabbed his ?Aunt Jaina?s? hand and let her lead him to his friend?s room, turning one last time t

25. C3SoloP0

Dec 10, 2002
    *sighs in relief*

Oh geez....thank the Force....you didn't kill Anakin.......

But poor Kari, I can't believe that she's got to go through all this pain....to think the reaction she will have when Anakin comes back...

Stupid Jag....convinced them all not to go looking for Ani......Jacen was the smart one...

more soon!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.