main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Motherhood- Leia; Jaina; Thrawn Trilogy/NJO

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JainaDurron, Dec 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Title: Motherhood
    Genre: Fluff
    Keywords: NJO; EU; Leia Organa-Solo; Jaina Solo-Durron
    Summary: A reflection on motherhood
    Acknowledgements: Thank you to all the reviewers of Fatherhood. This is dedicated to all of you.
    Author's Notes: This is a continuation of the personal challenge I set for myself. It's companion piece to Fatherhood. Han and Kyp had their chance to reflect on their new roles as fathers, now it's Leia and Jaina's turns.

~~

Blinking weary eyes, Leia Organa-Solo looked out over the grand expanse that was Coruscant, the capital of the New Republic. Battles were waging right above her, but it was pure and calm right now in the presence of everything around her. She turned and walked over, feeling the Force brightened a bit. She glanced into the cradles where her twin children lay. Jacen, her little boy, was awake, his little fists flaying in the air. He paused, looking at her intently. He kicked his feet. Smiling, Leia lifted the infant into her arms.

Jacen knew he could trust his mother. He had known that since she connected with his mind shortly before his birth, reassuring him that she was there. He settled in her arms, watching her. He blinked a few times, then a yawn escaped from the tiny O of his mouth. He blinked again, then closed his eyes.

Leia reached up and ran a finger down the baby's cheek. His skin was velvety soft. An amazing comparison to what it would be in a few years when he began to mature into a man. She smiled gently down at the tiny bundle in her arms. It worried her every day to know that someone might come after her children because of who they were. Because of who their parents were. She hoped it would not be the case, but already they had been targeted.

Leia walked over and gently settled into the rocking chair that was still warm from Han sitting in it earlier that night. She rocked slowly, enjoying the feel of her son's weight against her body. While she was a reassurance to her children, they were also a reassurance to her. During her pregnancy she had often wondered if she was going to be a good mother to them. Would she raise them with the same care and love that Bail Organa had raised her with? Would she be able to provide the safety she wanted to provide them in the tumultuous times they were in?

She knew she was overanalyzing herself. But it was hard for her not to do so. When you sit back and think of the how you want to bring your children into the world, this was not it. Leia tilted her head, watching Jacen as he slept peacefully. Then again, she would not give up the infant in her arms for anything in the world. Nor would she give up her daughter that lay in the cradle to the side. They were her life, her future. Everything that Leia had ever wanted had been born just a few days earlier.

Leia rose and slowly padded towards the window that looked out over Coruscant. She opened the curtains, letting the artificial light shine in from the city. She watched how the lights lit Jacen's tiny features. She reached out again and ran her finger down his cheek once more. Her throat tightened as the baby shifted closer to her. Perfection was all she could use to describe the two tiny beings she and Han had created. Making a silent pledge to herself to always protect her children, she leaned down and pressed a loving kiss to Jacen's forehead.

~~

Jaina gazed lovingly down at Hannah as the little girl nursed against her. She reached a hand up and gently caressed the black fuzz of her hair smiling. Kyp insisted that Hannah looked identical to Jaina, save the hair, but even now as the little girl nursed, she saw the tell tale Durron frown on the baby's features. While he would never admit it, Hannah was her daddy's daughter.

She leaned her head back and watched Hannah some more, in awe at the creation she had been a part of. Kyp had told her that he couldn't believe that

2. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    Aww. [face_love] That was great! :D I especially liked the Jaina part because she seemed even more afraid then Leia.

EDIT: Yeay!!! First reply! :D *feels special*

3. JediMasterKobe

JediMasterKobe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2003
    Sweet post!

Loved how you conveyed Jaina's fears about being named the Sword of the Jedi.

Awww. Baby Jacen!

4. Jaina_Rocks160

Jaina_Rocks160 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 18, 2003
    ~~*JESUS LOVES YOU*~~

Another great viggie, JainaDurron!
    I loved Fatherhood, but nothing can quite compare to a mother's perspective!!! :D

*applauds JD*

~*~*~

5. Twin_solo_Durron

Twin_solo_Durron Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 30, 2003
    i loved fatherhood...but i think u have done a super great job with montherhood.
    keep up the good work
    huggles
    TS 10

6. JainaDurron

Aug 8, 2002
    Jaina_and_Jag: Aww. That was great! I especially liked the Jaina part because she seemed even more afraid then Leia. Thank you so much. :) yeah I think Jaina would be even more frightened then Leia would be to become a mother. Leia had a "safer" profession. She was a warrior too but a different kind of warrior. She used words as her weapons and politics, whereas Jaina, all she knows is piloting and the Force. And then the whole Sword of the Jedi thing.

EDIT: Yeay!!! First reply! *feels special* Congrats! :D

Mike: Sweet post!

Loved how you conveyed Jaina's fears about being named the Sword of the Jedi.

Awww. Baby Jacen!
    Thank you so much! :)

Jaina_Rocks160: Another great viggie, JainaDurron!
    I loved Fatherhood, but nothing can quite compare to a mother's perspective!!!
    So true. I felt that Fatherhood was a perception on being totally in awe of what you have created, whereas Motherhood is a deeper reflection. :)

*applauds JD* *bows*

Twin_solo_Durron: i loved fatherhood...but i think u have done a super great job with montherhood.
    keep up the good work
    Thanks so much TSD! :)

7. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Darnit, I can't decide which parenthood I like better! So sweet.

8. Solo_Fan

Solo_Fan Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    "Motherhood" is a nice companion piece to "Fatherhood", and put together, they paint a wonderful portrait of the often overwhelming feelings parents have for their children. Jacen, Jaina, and Hannah are in good hands! :)

9. SaberBlade

SaberBlade Jedi Master star 3

Sep 19, 2001
    AWWWWWWWWWW... so cute.

And really random thing for me to latch onto and like: Jaina didn't get pregnant the instant she got married/before she got married. I liked how it was six months later when she got pregnant. Sorry. Current pet peeve that you avoided, so I of course latch onto it.

Excellently written. You do Leia really well, just like you did Han last time.

-Saber

10. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    Great post, JainaDurron! After reading the fatherhood post, it was nice to see the female POV in the same scenario, and you did a fantastic job, once again, in describing the children.

I liked that you gave a paragraph of jacen's simple child thoughts of safety, and your description of Leia being protective of her little boy :) That's the kind of mother she would be I think.

Jaina and Kyp's kid sounds adorable, and I enjoyed the backstory of how the couple ended up together :D

Fun to compare this to the other post :D

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go call my mom :_|

11. kayladie97

kayladie97 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    That was so very sweet. [face_love]

They were her life, her future. Everything that Leia had ever wanted had been born just a few days earlier.

I especially like that line in Leia's story. What a change of attitude that is for her, having given so much of her life to the fight for freedom. :)

Kyp insisted that Hannah looked identical to Jaina, save the hair, but even now as the little girl nursed, she saw the tell tale Durron frown on the baby's features.

Heh, I liked that part. :D Poor Hannah. Being Kyp's daughter is definitely not going to be easy, I think. But being Jaina's daughter as well, I'm sure she'll be up to the task. ;)

This was really nicely done, both parts!

12. JainaDurron

Aug 8, 2002
    Thanks everyone! I will do individual replies tomorrow.

13. Jaina_Solo_Durron

Jaina_Solo_Durron Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2002
    Another amazing viggie, Jilly! So sweet and fluffy...and again, deeply touching. Makes me reconsider my vow to never have kids. :D

-JSD

14. JainaDurron

Aug 8, 2002
    DarthIshtar: Darnit, I can't decide which parenthood I like better! So sweet. Thanks so much. :)

SoloFan: "Motherhood" is a nice companion piece to "Fatherhood", and put together, they paint a wonderful portrait of the often overwhelming feelings parents have for their children. Jacen, Jaina, and Hannah are in good hands! THank you. And yes, I think they are in good hands. :)

SaberBlade: Excellently written. You do Leia really well, just like you did Han last time. Thanks so much!

And really random thing for me to latch onto and like: Jaina didn't get pregnant the instant she got married/before she got married. I liked how it was six months later when she got pregnant. Yeah I didn't want people, both readers and the characters, to think that the reason Kyp and Jaina married was because of a pregnancy, and considering that is how a lot people viewed my own parent's marriage, I didn't want readers or characters to think they married for any other reason BUT the fact they loved each other.

YodaKenobi: Thanks so much Wes! :)

kayladie97: This was really nicely done, both parts! Thanks so much!

JSD: Another amazing viggie, Jilly! So sweet and fluffy...and again, deeply touching. Makes me reconsider my vow to never have kids. LOL! I'm glad you liked it. :)

15. JainaDurron

Aug 8, 2002
  16. MiaTieska

MiaTieska Jedi Master star 4

Jan 3, 2003
    Freak, I really did miss half your stories! I'm glad you gave me the link!

Wonderful, as usual. The last sentence was my favorite part. :)

-Mia

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.