main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ Motion that FFNZ should be considered a "special character" forum

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by SimplyThrilledHoney, Aug 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SimplyThrilledHoney

SimplyThrilledHoney Jedi Youngling star 3

May 19, 2002
    As has been clear from the messages posted in the last few days, his forum clearly *is* a community of New Zealand Star Wars fans. Surely the fact that passions have run so hot over this issue make it obvious that people here are passionate about this issue. Secondly, it should be obvious from any of the outsiders who have popped in to read these threads over the last few days that this forum is also a place where expatriate New Zealand Star Wars fans are able to stay in touch with each other.

As JP and others pointed out, New Zealand is a country roughly the size of the UK or Japan, and yet it has a population the size of one small international city. The pragmatic concerns of other forums are harder to apply in our situation.

I believe that the Jedi Council Forum is currently discriminating against New Zealand Star Wars fans because of the geographic size of our country, and also our population base. I am posting this to request that the New Zealand chapter be considered a chapter of "special character", where the rule about meet-ups can be applied liberally to take into account the size o the country and also the relatively small size of the fanbase.

My final point is that removing this form will effectively destroy *any* sense of community that Star Wars fans feel in New Zealand. And what would be the point of that?

2. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    =D=

Yeah, without this place I'm sure we will all lose touch with each other, and that would be a HUGE shame

3. Norrad_Roff

Norrad_Roff Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2001
    All those in favour? [:D]

4. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Ok, I have discussed this issue at length with the Admins and it has been decided that you be allowed to keep your boards. BUT, it must not go dead like it was before this all started. There were less than two or three posts a week back then, and it needs to have more action than that. So please, keep talking.

5. farmboynz

farmboynz Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 19, 2001
    Yippie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. solo77

Aug 28, 2002
    [face_dancing]

There is no doubt in my mind that this place will be bustling from now on!!

7. SimplyThrilledHoney

SimplyThrilledHoney Jedi Youngling star 3

May 19, 2002
    Adalia-Durron,

Thanks for your efforts. I am glad that good sense has prevailed.

So, how about those Star Wars films huh?

8. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Just keep the place active and all will be fine ;) No problem.

9. Norrad_Roff

Feb 26, 2001
    Ask and you shall receive. =D=

Yay for us.

10. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    This is seriously wizard!

11. YouAgain

YouAgain Jedi Master star 5

Dec 20, 2001
    XD XD XD Score one for the little guys!

12. Jeff_Fett

Jeff_Fett Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 9, 2002
    this, great news.

13. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Thank-You!

14. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    ok, so the mod's can leave the shores of the long white cloud now and leave us in peace :p

and what ever happened to freedom of speech? banned, piff :(

lol

edit = appologies to pinky for my comments... which i can't even remember. i was super tired from working 7 weeks without break and kidna got emotional about this place being the modern Alderaan and getting nuked. I certainly don't hold anything personally against pinky and I know she was just the messenger... but how to you think the saying "don't shoot the messenger" first came to be? The messenger got shot... lol

Ok? Good. [mindtrick]Move along, move along.[/mindtrick]

15. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    I have a user name..... o_O

16. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    it's rather difficult to type when i have limited time to post and run out the door... so is pinky not ok? [face_plain] and to be honest, I still haven't even read your name properly :p very busy of late.

17. Norrad_Roff

Feb 26, 2001
    Her Royal Pinkness to you young man....

18. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    To be fair, your pink-on-pink colours (and the pink-on-lavender in the header) are very hard to make out on some monitors.

19. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    Also NZ has enough Women in power positions, last thing we want and need is a female mod when we've never had a mod here before :p j/k

20. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    You've always had a mod, Hawk was your mod ;)

21. solo77

Aug 28, 2002
    SFL you sound delirious man =P~

22. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    You can change your sig now ;)

23. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    Yea but Hawk was never around these parts which was nice. How come he's not our mod anymore? :(

24. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    mutters Nice to know I'm loved...big smile and deep breath to explain Hawk retired, and he wasn't around much the last few months due to Real Life which would make you believe he was leaving you alone. But he himself was attempting to assess your situation in the first pinned thread. The future of FFNZ. Look, the simple fact is every forum must have a mod and like it or not, I'm yours. I don't think making me feel unwelcome is going to win you points. ;) My name is Adalia, or Addie, and I'm not a power crazed freak, I'm a 42 year old married mother of two. I've been part of TF.N for many years and have earned the respect of my peers, I know the rules here, and intend to enforce them to a point. I'm not going to go around editing every post, but the posts I did edit were offensive to myself and very insulting, two things that were totally not necessary. I was doing all I could to keep you guys alive, I encouraged you, I was posting and sometimes I was the only one posting, and discussing your situation with the Admins. But few have noticed that, seems many of you are very happy to attack but not to thank, only saw one of them. I am NOT your enemy, and I really don't appreciate the idea that you think I am, I am your link to the senior Admins here at TF.N and it makes sense to me that you not alienate me. I took this job telling the Admins that I wanted to 'revitalize and reactivate the Oceania boards as, the fact was bar three forums, they were dying. Three full forums were about to be shut down and I have managed now to save them all. So please, enough with the snide comments, silly names and digs. Ok? ;)

25. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    Pinky isn't a silly name... now Marmaduke is a silly name.

(I personally know both a Pinky and a Marmaduke in real life so I'm not making things up). I might just go for AD if that's not too silly? You can call me SFL. Hello.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.