Det, MI Motor City Comic Con has a Star Wars feel to it

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by BlastyTrooper, May 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlastyTrooper Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Celebrate Star Wars in Detroit

by GatorFett

If you are visiting the Midwest Garrison site, you should already know that this year marks the 30th anniversary of the original Star Wars film. You should also know that George Lucas and the folks at Lucasfilm are hosting Celebration IV in California, and Celebration Europe in London. What you may not know is that the 501st Legion, Rebel Legion and the promoters of the Motor City Comic Con are hosting their very own Star Wars extravaganza in Detroit, Michigan on May 18th, 19th and 20th, 2007. Well ... it is actually in Novi, Michigan, but that's close enough.

Local members of the 501st Legion's Midwest Garrison and the Rebel Legion's Midwest Base have been working hand-in-hand with the Motor City Comic Con promoters to bring the Star Wars experience to the Motor City. So if you are unable to travel to California or London, come to Detroit for three days of Star Wars packed fun.

Meet and talk to Star Wars guests who will include Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca), Jeremy Bulloch (Boba Fett), Doug Wangler (Quinlan Vos) and Justin Chung (Kai Justiss). Participate in Star Wars themed events all weekend including:

2. Star Wars Parade each day

3. Blaster Range at the 501st booth

4. "Meet the 501st & Rebel Legion" Panel on Friday

5. Star Wars Costume Contest on Sunday

6. and an interactive and action packed Droid Hunt on Saturday

7. Win prizes and give-a-ways associated with most of these events. Finally, be one of the first 20 people to the 501st booth each day, wearing a Star Wars costume or a Star Wars shirt, and receive one exclusive Motor City Comic Con item.

This year's Motor City Comic Con will be the largest Science Fiction, Comic Book and Star Wars-centric convention in Michigan's history. Check out the official Motor City Comic Con website for more details and ticket prices. http://www.motorcitycon.com/motor_city_comic_con/index.html

Join us at what is shaping up to be Star Wars celebration in Detroit!
  8. TheHuntressDiana Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Jon, I saw you and the 501st on Fox News this morning.

Congrats on some more TV coverage. :)

-Bianca
  9. fthcolumn Jedi Youngling

Hey!

I just wanted to congradulate you guys on the excellent Jabba display! It looked friggin' sweet! :) I'm just sorry I couldn't bring more Slave Leias. Maybe next time I've have more. ;-)

Jamin
  10. lovelucas Jedi Master

star 4
    best Star Wars display ever in Novi - most impressive...seriously. Great job by all.

hope an opportunity arrives to share C4 stuff with DFF -
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.