main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Mountain Air, Gurgling Streams, and Poachers: Padawan Nickolas Winchester

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by LonesomeDove, Oct 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LonesomeDove

LonesomeDove Jedi Youngling

Oct 24, 2010
    Hi guys. I'm going to say it now... I'm no professional writer. Problem is, I always have a good story on my mind, and I always want to belt it out, but I never have, until right now. I wrote this in pure fun, and for pure enjoyment.
    Anyway, as far as I know, this is a pretty original story. Constructive critisism is welcome, but if you just don't like the story, then that's fine. Anyway, have fun, and I hope you enjoy reading this story as much as I enjoyed creating it.

Part I

"They always send us to the planets that noone has ever heard of..." I thought, as the unmarked freighter hummed through hyperspace. I was out of my Jedi robes for the first time in a week, and it felt kind of funny to say the least. Even worse were the dinky garbs I was wearing. I sported a tan collared button shirt tucked into green pants, held up by a belt made from the leather of the Iyrithian deer. I looked like a dork.
    I'm a decent looking 16 year old kid. I normally wear the brown and tan Jedi robes (although I am opting for some less, well, boring ones.), I keep my jet black hair long, but not long enough to make a ponytail. Just enough to to where I have to brush it to the side every once in a while.
    Perhaps the biggest reason I was unhappy with my current attire was the fact that holstered to my hip was a blaster that could shatter a clone trooper's helmet. I know, because we had tried earlier on a surplus helmet that was left on board.
    Speaking of we... "Master, can you remind me why I can't take my lightsaber with me on this trip?"
    Master Wesson, getting dressed in clothes identical to mine, looked over at me, and said (for the millionth time) "Nickolas, this mission requires us to blend in with our surroundings. What causes more unrest in a criminal market hunting operation? A normal person in normal clothes, or a Jedi? These people are very picky about outside weapons, and we're bound to be searched by the poachers."
    Made sense. This was an undercover mission to the extremely remote planet of Iyrith to stop a centuries old illegal market hunting operation centered around the prized flesh, hide, but mostly, antlers of the Iyrithian deer. The animal was commonly hunted by natives of the planet for sustenance, and by many legal recreational hunters, but poachers were quickly overrunning the planet, lured by promises of wealth and power.
    The poachers would shoot the animals illegally, bring the antlers, hides, and prized cuts of meat and sell them to a network of 5 dealers specially licensed by Toka, a Hutt and crime leader who was extremely ill tempered and overweight, even for his species. Toka kept a hired group of mercenaries to keep locals quiet about the business and fight any outside threat (Republic clone troops and Jedi included.).
    The idea was to legally harvest a Iyrithian deer (an animal weighing about 600-1000 pounds, standing 7 feet tall ,sporting a coal black hide which made superb leather, and (bulls) wearing a rack of antlers weighing up to fifty pounds. The antler material was prized for making sword handles, blaster grips, and the like, as it was obsidian in color and almost immune to wear), and sell it to a dealer, posing it as an illegally taken animal. We would then follow the chain of command to Toka the Hutt. With proof of him running an illegal poaching operation,we could arrest him and his dealers, and shut down his business. It wasn't a ?guns blazing? type of ordeal, but still...
    An alarm beeped in the cockpit, signaling our arrival to Iyrithian orbit. As Master Wesson went to the cockpit to deal with docking formalities with the Iyrithian Fish and Game Dept., I sneaked my lightsaber, which I had built only a few weeks, into my over shirt. I then went into the cockpit to assist my Master.
    A voice crackled on the comm. ?Unmarked freighter, please dock in F&G Bay 645 for further inspection.?
    ?Understood.? Master Wesson shut off the comm and maneuvered the ship into the atmosphere of the planet. It was gorgeous. Mountains of green reached into

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.