main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mountain Con

Discussion in 'Archive: Salt Lake City, UT' started by Psxjedi76, May 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TardisCaptain

TardisCaptain Jedi Youngling

May 28, 2007
    You can get the discounted rate for Friday Night, Saturday Night and/or Sunday Night.

2. Marold

Marold Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 17, 2001
    Are we still planning on doing this? If so do we need a sign up for when people are available for the booth and stuff?

3. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    I'm still willing to help out, and pitch in for a room - I just can't do the room by myself, since I'll be at Dragon*Con over Labor Day weekend. That is where my money's going. (kay, not all of it, but a substantial sum.)

I'll also have my Leia Battle of Endor costume done at that point. :)

4. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    I don't think I can do the room for all nights, I still need to check funding and I just found out I'm stuck being at a sporting thing on the 21 with no Saturdays off for me in September. :_| I remember saying something about never working Saturdays again, yes, I do eat my own words at times.

5. kreleia

Dec 14, 2000
    So? Meet up on Friday, Saturday or Sunday? :)

6. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    I can be there Saturday but that is about it.

7. kreleia

Dec 14, 2000
    At this point, I think that's all I'm good for, too. My money situation is getting reeeeeeeeeally tight.

8. Jedi_Noghri

Jedi_Noghri Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 17, 2004
    So, Saturday? I suppose it's about that time for us to start the preparations. If we're going to have a booth there, I suppose we'll need a booth. Who wants to meet so we can make a banner of some kind to hang over the end of the able? We also need to figure out a schedule for who's going to be where and when but we can do that when we make the banner and get that other stuff together. I still think we should make some fliers or business cards to hand out to people.

9. kreleia

Dec 14, 2000
    Well, there's an official Rebel Legion banner that floats from Con to Con - I can try to get hold of that, if you'd like.
    I think there's also an official Fan Force banner that does the same thing. I have NO idea where that one would be - you might try asking in the City Rep forums if someone has it.

EDIT: Found the Rebel Legion banner. Would you like me to get it for this?

10. Jedi_Noghri

Mar 17, 2004
    Only if we mainly display the FanForce banner since we would only be representing the FF at the booth and not the Rebel Legion. I wouldn't mind using both banners though since we have members who are in both groups. I'll see what I can do in the City Rep forums for now.

Edit- Well, I've asked to use the banner. Now I guess I just wait for a reply.

11. kreleia

Dec 14, 2000
    Alright. Well, that being the case, I guess I'll set up a Rebel Legion table. Mind if I do it next to SLCFF? :)

12. Jedi_Noghri

Mar 17, 2004
    :D

That would be awesome! We should still see if we can all pitch in on one room together though.

Edit- Just heard back from Carl Stark (THE man when it comes to all things Mountain Con)and he said that it is $10 per table. I'm willing to pay for ours but if you don't feel like forking that over, I'd still be willing to go half and half on our table for dual representation. He just wants to know if both groups will be represented so he can have them both "listed".

13. kreleia

Dec 14, 2000
    I believe I can handle $10. :) ::crosses fingers:: ;) Put me down as a "yes" for a table, and I'll get the moolah to him.

14. TardisCaptain

May 28, 2007
    Hey guys, Carl here.

Yea the reason there is a $10 for the table was an oversight from the hotel. They told us we could use the atrium but didn't tell us about any table charges outside of the banquet rooms. So the $10 is just for the table itself.

Thanks for buying admission tickets to get into the con. Our Artist Guest of Honor approached LucasFilm about an authorized, limited edition print that will be given away at the convention. We should be making the official announcement soon.

15. Jedi_Noghri

Mar 17, 2004
  16. Jedi_Noghri

Mar 17, 2004
    Well, it's been a while and I haven't heard back from the guy who currently has the FF Banner and at this point I doubt he could mail it to us in time anyway. Does anyone want to meet and make a banner for the event this weekend or some time next week? I'll pay for any supplies we need like the really big piece of paper that naturally we will be needing. I don't really know where to buy that though. Any ideas?

17. kreleia

Dec 14, 2000
    You probably want butcher paper - the huge white-ish paper that people like to cover tables with. XpedX is the place you'll want to look, although ask around as well. :)

18. TardisCaptain

May 28, 2007
    Cynthia Cummens, the artist guest of honor at Mountain-Con III, 2007, has generously volunteered to create a special Star Wars print especially for this event as we celebrate the 30th anniversary of Star Wars. Although not under the auspisces of LucasFilms, the design was approved by them for free distribution at Mountain-Con during the weekend.

The design depicts Star Wars characters, has the Mountain-Con logo imprinted on it, will be signed by Ms. Cummens, and will be a limited edition of 200 copies. This print is not for sale nor will any monies be associated with it in any way. In an effort to allow every con attendee a fair chance at acquiring a copy, a drawing for about six or seven copies will be held every hour during the convention weekend between opening and closing times. Some copies may be held over as prizes for various other events.

Attendees will be permitted one ballot each. There will be a feedback survey about the convention which we are asking each of you to complete and turn in. When a completed survey is handed in, a 2-part ballot for the drawing will be issued. Drop one-half of the ballot with your name on it into the containers provided.

Each of our celebrity guests will take turns in assisting in the hourly drawings in the atrium. Attendees do not have to be present at the drawings to win. A list of those whose names were drawn will be posted. Bring your copy of the ballot and ID to claim your print. Any prints not claimed by con's end will be otherwise distributed.

This exclusive Star Wars/Mountain-Con print is about 8 1/2 x 11 in beautiful full color--a truly memorable souvenir, one to be cherished forever. This print will not be available anywhere else. Come to Mountain-Con, enjoy yourself, and win one of these special prints.

19. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    I have Brown Butcher paper and I'm available Tuesday nights and Wednesday after 7:30 if we want to meet for the banner.

20. kreleia

Dec 14, 2000
    I'm going to have to back out of this. I can afford the $10 table fee, but... nothing else. I'm not pre-registered, and I just don't have the spare cash on hand to do the Rebel Legion table right. I may as well just bow out before the con instead of saying that I'll do everything, and not show.

Sorry.

21. Jedi_Noghri

Mar 17, 2004
    Can you at least afford the $25 for Saturday and join us at our table?

22. kreleia

Dec 14, 2000
    I'll try, but it's doubtful. (yeah, money really is that tight right now.)

23. Jedi_Noghri

Mar 17, 2004
    Well you'd better show up

or somewhere in the world, you'll make a puppy cry.

24. Jedi_Noghri

Mar 17, 2004
    How's this for something to hand out at our table? Any objections or suggestions? I was just going to go cheap and print about a hundred or so off on regular paper.

[image=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c136/rgsqdrn/Untitled-3copy.jpg]

I'm tempted to go to a dollar store tomorrow and get something to hand out along with them. It's one thing to hand out little pieced of paper. It's something else when that little piece of paper has a pencil or piece of candy attached to it.

25. Jedi_Noghri

Mar 17, 2004
    Sorry, too slow. I'm going to print them off. If anyone doesn't like them..... go print your own. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.