main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Movie Defense Force defends The Phantom Menace

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by _Catherine_, May 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jarren_Lee-Saber

Jarren_Lee-Saber Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2008
    Well that was a personal insult right there, and also, REALLY? You actually think that those of us who like the PT are paid to say that. This ^^ is a prime example of blind, reasonless, factless prejudice.

2. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    That's being extremely kind. How about judging it as a movie that should stand on it's own & be a great movie AS WELL AS setting up future installments. Such films that accomplished both of these feats pretty well include Batman Begins, The Matrix, The Fellowship oTR etc etc. Did these films "take one for the team?". No they were v.good movies in their own right.

Anyway, old news...bring on Ep 7

3. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Damn it, stop insulting us PT fans. We're not paid (or if we are, where's my money!?!?), I'm only 15 if you multiply by several factors, and I'm not an apologist for anyone. Stop with the put downs and concentrate on spewing your opinion on every thread.

4. Darth Downunder

Aug 5, 2001
    You're 15? You must think TPM is really wizard. Yippeee!! I'll try spinning, that's a good trick! ;)

5. Master Elaine Nega

Master Elaine Nega Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2013
    I am also for TPM! I am not being paid, I' m just 16, I haven' t even finished high school yet! Also, RLM are just plain stupid( yes, I dare call them that, and here I explained why I think so) . TPM is my favourite movie in the saga so far, deal with it!
    Stop treating people like that because of their age. To inform you, " teenager" doesn' t mean " brainless" . Stop this ageism!

6. Jarren_Lee-Saber

Apr 16, 2008
    LOTR:FOTR and TH:AUJ both did. Seriously, both Fellowship & Unexpected Journey are loaded with long introductory scenes. And Fellowship has the "worst" ending of any Middle Earth films. And I love them even more than I love Star Wars! Batman Begins was middling financial and critical success, but by slowly becoming a cult hit on DVD it paved the way for the wild success of TDK and TDKR. Only The Matrix didn't take anything for any team, it was perfectly awesome on its own. (and I still love the sequels) But TPM is far more of a excellent as a standalone film than either of those. In fact, its pretty much identical to ANH in content. It just did a better job of it.

7. Jarren_Lee-Saber

Apr 16, 2008
    Valairy Scot is probably older than you! And I'm 25. And thank The Force my girlfriend loves TPM and the PT!!!

Thoix Heoro and Alexrd like this.
  8. Jae-Dec

Jae-Dec Jedi Master star 3

May 20, 2013
    I always find it odd that people feel the need to put others down for liking a film. If you didn't care for TPM, that is completely understandable and you are definitely entitled to your opinion. But why does that make everyone who does like TPM wrong. Me, I didn't really think The Dark Knight was that great of a film. Sure it was a decent action movie and Heath Ledger did an excellent job as the Joker, but I actually preferred Batman Begins. That doesn't mean I am going to head over to the Batman forums (I'm sure there is one) and comment on every single thread relating to The Dark Knight that it sucks and anyone who thinks otherwise needs to get their head examined. I suppose some will say this isn't the best comparison as The Dark Knight is extremely popular and TPM is hit or miss. But for me, I don't see a difference. And to be clear, I did like TPM and thought it was a great addition to the saga. Did it have it's weak moments? Absolutely. But it was still enjoyable.
    Oh and I am 32.

9. Jarren_Lee-Saber

Apr 16, 2008
    THANK YOU!
    Oh, and Batman Begins is also my favorite in the trilogy, with TDK being my least favorite (though still awesome). :cool:

Thoix Heoro likes this.
  10. Darth Downunder

Aug 5, 2001
    TPM is the greatest movie ever made. How could it not be with this kind of cutting edge dialogue: "Master, I heard Yoda talking about midichlorians. I was wondering, what are midichlorians?"

11. Jarren_Lee-Saber

Apr 16, 2008
    Well obviously it doesn't hold a candle to epic emotional lines like "My name is Luke Skywalker & I'm here to rescue you", or "But I was going to the Tosche Station to pick up some power converters!" ( <- dripping sarcasm)

son_of_skywalker03 likes this.
  12. Master Elaine Nega

Master Elaine Nega Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2013
    Could all of you please stop flaming?
    Also, Darth_Downunder, stop these stupid jokes!

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  13. Darth Downunder

Aug 5, 2001
  14. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Another quality thread brought to us by Disney!

Samnz likes this.
  15. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    I see this has run its course. Locking.

Jarren_Lee-Saber and BoromirsFan like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.