main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Movie Discussion / Review Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Greensboro, NC' started by Padawan311, Aug 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Padawan311

Padawan311 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 18, 2002
    I havent seen that yet either, I heard it was pretty good though. I saw an awful movie over the weekend. I was tired from work and bored, so I ordered a pizza and got a pay-per-view of "The Core." It didnt impress me at all. I thought the effects were very unrealistic and borderline cartooney in some shots, and the whole story was pretty ridiculous and unbelievable. Live and learn I guess, I cant wait for Revolutions next week!!

Chris

2. Admiral_Ozzel

Admiral_Ozzel Jedi Master star 2

Jun 7, 2003
    Sorry Spooky, rented it. I do want to hook up w/ya sometime though. Just cant say when yet, got a few more things to take care of 1st

3. Admiral_Ozzel

Admiral_Ozzel Jedi Master star 2

Jun 7, 2003
    Spooky= Aftr reading that post I left, I wanted to make something known. I am not gay. I have no problem with gay folks, but I am not 1. I didnt like the way 'hook up with ya' sounded. FYI

4. Padawan311

Apr 18, 2002
    Anyone going to see Revolutions today? I have tickets to see it tonight at 7pm in Greensboro, I cant wait!! The holiday movie season has officially kicked off!! Buckle up, should be an awesome ride!!

Chris

5. Padawan311

Apr 18, 2002
    So has anyone been to see The Matrix: Revolutions yet? I have been to see it once so far, I really want to see it again and let it all soak in before I post a serious review. I know it seems to be getting alot of bad press and all, but I really enjoyed it. Of course it couldve been better in some ways, all movies could be. What are everyones thoughts? I will be going to see it again soon. Really looking forward to seeing "Master and Commander" as well.

Chris

6. Jedi_Master_Kel

Jedi_Master_Kel Jedi Youngling star 3

May 13, 2002
    All I have to say is "APU at the Dock battle." Best SciFi fighting seen I've seen in a long time.

Jedi Master Kel

7. STARDOG-D-JEDI

STARDOG-D-JEDI Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 11, 2002
    What is up Greensboro.

Best movie I've seen in awhile is
    KILL BILL Vol.1. The fights in this movie are to me better than the fights from reloaded. I hate to say it. The story was better too. I really like the Matrix don't get me wrong. But the story to me is starting to suck. I have not seen revoultions yet I'm going next week end to see it. But a friend I work with told me he was very disapointed after watching Revolutions. And Return of the king. Man I just can't wait.

8. Padawan311

Apr 18, 2002
    I went to see 2 movies over the holidays, Scary Movie 3 and Bad Santa. I must admit I wasnt very impressed with SM3, it had a few funny momments but overall I just didnt enjoy it very well, no where near as good and funny as part one. Bad Santa on the other hand was hilarious, I was laughing out loud through the whole movie. This movie is not for kids!! But if you like raw, offensive, vulgar humor, (like me) you should find this movie worth the ticket price and might even pee your pants laughing in the process.

Chris

9. Padawan311

Apr 18, 2002
    Man, I cant believe I havent been to the movies since December when I saw ROTK for the 4th time, lol. I hope to catch one this weekend, maybe take in one of the other movies nominated for best picture of the year...Cold Mountain, Mystic River, ect. Anyone else seen anything worth mentioning recently, I know releases are kinda slow right now, as far as major motion pictures go.

Chris

10. Padawan311

Apr 18, 2002
    ROTK Dominates the Oscars!!!! Eleven, well earned, well deserved, long overdue Academy Awards!!! Way to go!!! Definately the best picture I have seen in a long time!!

What summer Blockbusters are everyone looking forward to this year?

Chris

11. Padawan311

Apr 18, 2002
    I have really hit a dry spell here, I havent been to the theater to see a movie since ROTK in Dec. I have got to go a movie soon before I go into serious withdrawal.

Chris

12. Padawan311

Apr 18, 2002
    Anyone been to see any of the summer blockbusters that have been released so far.. Troy, Day After Tomorrow, Harry Potter 3?

13. Jedi_Natalie

Jedi_Natalie Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    I saw Day After Tomorrow and thought it could have been better story wise. The plot of the global warming was very interesting. I thought though the story lacked and had to many sequences that pulled you out of that believable state. However most of teh graphics were really cool.

I thought Troy was really good. Orlando Bloom had a very wimpy role that I wasn't expecting but all in all a good movie.

Harry Potter 3 was great! Much darker as we all expected. The new director made everything a lot more real and less majestic (ie. seeing tv's in the muggles homes made you realize that this was taking place in the modern day vs. 50 years ago which was my initial impression from teh first 2 films). A major scene where you see teh lack of color and magic is the dining room where it is normally colorful and full of life and detail with hanging candles etc - but that was all gone this time with just an ordinary looking dining room for the most part. Also a lot of the scenery was changed which I think should have been left along. For the most part though I thought they did a great job. I do hope the new director for #4 will bring some fo teh magic back.

14. Padawan311

Apr 18, 2002
    What are everyones thoughts on Spider-Man 2? I went to see it twice over my July 4th break, I absolutely LOVED it! I can honestly say that it is probably the best Superhero movie I have ever seen, and it far surpasses part one in my book. Better villian, great character development, more emotional, improved special effects, just amazing! If you havent seen it yet, be sure not to miss Spider-Man 2 this summer, you wont be disappointed!

Chris

15. spooky-kid

spooky-kid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 17, 2003
    went and seen that stupid 911 movie. Hated it, It sucked really bad, waste of my money.

Advice if you're goin' to see it, DON'T. Go see something else instead.

16. Padawan311

Apr 18, 2002
    Went to see "Manchurian Candidate" not long ago, one word......BBOOORRRIIINNNGGGGGG! I was really disappointed in this movie, it moved very slow, drudging along and just wasnt visually interesting at all.

I bought the Kill Bill: Volume 2 DVD over the weekend, it is awesome, I didnt get a chance to see it in the theater, but it was really good. Less action than Volume 1, but really gets deeper into the story, plot and characters, I really enjoyed it. I also picked up The Best of Triumph The Insult Comic Dog DVD as well, it is HILARIOUS!!!

Chris

17. Padawan311

Apr 18, 2002
    I went to see "The Village" over the weekend and I really enjoyed it alot. I know some people have been disappointed in it and have tired of M. Night Shyamalan's "formula", but I am not one of those. I love his style, brooding characters, spooky environments and the suspense he creates, things are never quite what they seem to be, and I enjoy that alot. The acting, story and character development is awesome, newcomer Bryce Dallas Howard is great, not to mention gorgeous. I really liked "The Village" and wasnt disappointed in it at all, go check it out and let me know what you thought of it.

I also checked out a couple DVD's over the weekend. The first one was "Hidalgo" with King Aragorn himself Viggo Mortensen, it was really good, good special effects, action, alittle romance thrown in. I think Viggo did a great job as the cowboy Hopkins, seemed to suit him well, I wasnt disappointed at all. The movie being based on a true story was really cool as well, I wouldnt have lasted an hour in that desert, haha.
    The last DVD was "Johnson Family Vacation" which a friend let me borrow. I would recommend passing on this one. Usually I find Cedric the Entertainer pretty funny, but this movie just didnt cut it for me, I just didnt find the movie very funny at all, kinda bored me really, it was disappointing.

Well, thats enough ranting for me, lol, Let me know what movies you have seen lately and what you thought of them.

Chris

18. Padawan311

Apr 18, 2002
    I havent been out to the movies in quite a while, just been too busy working and havent had much free time. I am really looking forward to seeing "The Incedibles" next week, plus the added bonus of seeing the first teaser trailer for "Revenge of the Sith!" I cant wait!!

Chris

19. Padawan311

Apr 18, 2002
    I went to see "The Incrdibles" over the weekend, and I really loved it. Seeing the EP3 teaser trailer on the big screen was an added treat as well. It was easier to make out some of the details and see things clearer on the larger screen, looks absolutely amazing. The Pixar team did it again, these guys just cant do wrong it seems. The Incredibles was great, very funny, entertaining and just downright COOL!

Chris

20. Padawan311

Apr 18, 2002
    I went to see "Oceans Twelve" last Friday night. I was pretty disappointed in it, it just wasnt nowhere near as good and creative as Oceans Eleven. It seemed long and moved kinda slow to me. People even walked out of the movie while I was watching it, while I didnt think it was THAT bad, I would still recommend passing on it and seeing something else.

Chris

21. Padawan311

Apr 18, 2002
    There are rumors floating around that the new ROTS trailer will be playing with the movie "Robots" which starts on March 11th, and that Hyperspace members will be able to watch it on March 10th. I hope this is accurate, I cant wait to see a new, full length trailer!!

Chris

22. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    Going to see Constantine this evening.... :D

23. Padawan311

Apr 18, 2002
    How was Constantine?

I went to see "Hitch" yesterday afternoon, I must admit, it was much better and funnier than I had expected it to be, I enjoyed it and would recommend checking it out if you want to see a comedy.

I also watched "Garden State" over the weekend. I enjoyed it as well and Natalie Portman was adorable in it, so that didnt hurt, lol.

24. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    It was ok I guess. Wish they'ld picked someone other than Keanu Reeves(sp?)

It didn't suck real bad or anything like that.

I haven't read the comics to compare it to them either.

25. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    might go see Series of Unfortunate Events if it's still at the $2 dollar theater this week.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.