main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

O.C, CA Movie Discussion

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by crazybirdman, Oct 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LordJedi

LordJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 15, 2001
    Ugh. Another reissue of Robotech?! Will everyone please stop buying these sets so they'll stop making them! They've reissued Robotech at least 3 times now. They seriously need to stop milking the old stuff and move on to something new.

2. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Oh yeah, I'm going to see The 5th Element tonight at South Coast plaza if anyone wants to join me.

3. dustinbrewer

dustinbrewer Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 8, 2002
    True, they should have just released one, remastered set and put a fork in it. But instead they put out single 3 episode disks, legacy disks, box sets, mini samplers, whatever. I still haven't bought any of the releases. All I want is a restored version off all episodes to watch to try and relive my sad jr. high childhood. No extras, soundtracks or any of that crud. This looks like a good version but hell i'm not paying $100. Move onto the Shadow Chronicles and be done with it already I guess.

4. dustinbrewer

Nov 8, 2002
    Walmart(Orange) has the original 1978 Battlestar Galactica movie in dvd widescreen for $4.88, bargain bonanza price.

5. Grillbu_Fett

Grillbu_Fett Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 6, 2005
    I'm sorry that I step in a little late, but I'd like to know something about the Doom movie. And I hope I don't get edited because of SPOILING, so be warned.

In German Doom trailers, it seems as if those people have to deal with genetically engineered creatures. I-) Is that the deal? Doesn't sound like much.
    I'm quite sure there aren't much people who read the manual of "The Ultimate Doom", but I find the introduction quite enthralling: A teleporter experiment on Mars or its moons, I don't remember exactly, which turns out to be a gateway to hell. Ain't that cool? Ain't that thrill? [face_praying] [face_hypnotized]

6. Aaron-Wan-Kenobi

Aaron-Wan-Kenobi Temp CR Orange County, CA star 3 VIP

Dec 8, 2002
    So sad about Porkins. I have watched him die hundreds of times and now he is gone for real.

About Robotech, If they would have told you before I wouldn't have bought the other ones. Now I do not believe a word they say. This is the definitive collection my buttress. You can never be sure so they won't get any more of my money. Until they make the Sentinels then they can have some. Until then it all goes to George Lucas.

7. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    Yes, the Doom movie changed it. In the movie, the monsters come from a genetic mutation. In the game, it was because of experiments with teleportation technology that a gateway to hell was opened and demons started pouring in. The experiments were taking place on Phobos, one of the moons of Mars.

Of course, the movie is crap (or so I've heard from a lot of places), but I don't think anyone expected it to be good. That's what happens when you take a game with a very thin plot and try to make a movie out of it.

8. Aaron-Wan-Kenobi

Dec 8, 2002
    A lot of people think the same thing about the Tomb Raider films but I happen to like them. I also like both Mortal Kombat films.

9. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    The 2nd Mortal Kombat DVD, had one of the greatest special features I've ever seen. You can just watch the fight scenes. [face_beatup] BRILLIANT!

10. Aaron-Wan-Kenobi

Dec 8, 2002
    The Eurotrip DVD has something similar.

11. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    Yeah, on EuroTrip, you can actually just watch all the nude scenes. My wife, of all people, showed this to me. What, was I suppose to argue this with her? :p

12. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    Doesn't Eurotrip also have the bootleg of the movie too?

13. Enforcer_Draconus

Enforcer_Draconus Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 19, 2004
    didnt anyone find it uneccesary to see the abundance of old nasty man wang?

14. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    I don't know. All I do know is that my wife was compelled to show me the part on the DVD where you could just watch all the scenes with boobies. I started to ask why she wanted me to see it and then just stopped and hit play. Then I happily watched every scene that section had :)

Did anyone, besides maybe Rion, watch it for more than half a second? :p

15. Enforcer_Draconus

Jul 19, 2004
    hey mang all im sayin just a bit too much

16. Aaron-Wan-Kenobi

Dec 8, 2002
    The skip forward button is for the scene's with wang.

17. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    More 'Flashback Features' at the Edwards South Coast Village
    Nov 2 - Fight Club
    Nov 9 - Caddyshack
    Nov 16 - Scarface
    Nov 23 - The Shining
    Dec 7 - Fast Times at Ridgemont High
    Dec 14 - Psycho (the original)
    Dec 21 - Jaws
    Dec 28 - Edward Scissorhands
    Jan 4 - Rounders
    Jan 11 - Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas
    Jan 18 - Hackers
    Jan 25 - Goodfellas

I'm up for Jaws and Edward Scissorhands. Don't know about the rest.

18. dustinbrewer

Nov 8, 2002
    THERE!

19. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    *shiver* Those girls give me nightmares.

20. Jedi-Loreen

Jedi-Loreen Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2002
    Jack Nicholson it good, but the Stanley Kubrick version of "The Shining" is pretty crappy, IMO. Doesn't follow the book closely enough. [face_plain]

21. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    Interestingly enough, they just had a special on Stephen King on A&E the other night. I think The Shining was the first movie adaptation of his that they did and after it was done he wanted more involvment in future movies because of the way it turned out. Another interesting factoid is that Stephen Kind wanted Kubrick to do the movie once his name was mentioned because he knew Kubrick's work.

22. Jedi-Loreen

Jedi-Loreen Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2002
    I'm glad they redid it. The TV mini-series (I think it was longer than a regular movie, if memory serves) thing with Stephen Weber was much truer to the book.

23. LizardJedi

LizardJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2005
    I was on a club softball team called Redrun, yet I have never seen the shining all the way through... o_O

24. Enforcer_Draconus

Jul 19, 2004
    anyone up for gopher killing?

25. KanaanVos

KanaanVos Jedi Youngling

Oct 30, 2005
    Any of you guys see Serenity? If you liked the shoe Firefly that was on about 3 years ago, you'll love the movie. Without seeing the series, I think its still a cool movie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.