main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

O.C, CA Movie Discussion

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by crazybirdman, Oct 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aaron-Wan-Kenobi

Aaron-Wan-Kenobi Temp CR Orange County, CA star 3 VIP

Dec 8, 2002
    Was that a Caddyshack reference? If so that is the best golf movie ever.

2. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Chicken Little was pretty good. The movie was all over the place, but it was still pretty good. The animation is no match for what Pixar is doing now.

3. Aaron-Wan-Kenobi

Dec 8, 2002
    I saw Zorro and the Fog last night. Zorro was better but I wouldn't buy either one.

4. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    I rented The Chronicles of Riddick. it was decent, but whoever came up with the names for stuff in that movie has no imagination at all.

5. MALICE_MIZER

MALICE_MIZER Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 10, 2003
    Dude, that's a rad movie. I like all the Frank Herbert-Dune-inspired designs and concepts. I don't know, there's alot of people that rip on COR, but I really enjoyed it. If you watched the uncut version, there's alot more back story on Riddick's race, the Furians. I hope there will be more films, but given COR's lackluster performance in the box office, it's doubtful.

Interestingly enough, in interviews and stuff, Riddick is Vin Diesel's absolute favorite character to play.

6. Robeewankenobe

Robeewankenobe Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 29, 2004
    That movie Rocked. I like to see more of that character. But now he is the big head of the Race....where do you go from there?

7. Aaron-Wan-Kenobi

Dec 8, 2002
    I thought it sucked and that Pitch Black sucked even worse. No offense Anthony cuz you are a cool guy and we are cool but every movie you have ever posted that you like, I can't stand. I remember you had that thread on our dead boards about movies and stuff and you liked Life Aquatic and I couldn't stand that movie. Why don't you start another thread like that?

8. LordJedi

LordJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 15, 2001
    I liked CoR more than Pitch Black. Of course, I didn't see Pitch Black until after CoR. The whole premise behind Pitch Black still doesn't sit well with me. And of course it depends on stupid crap happening so people will do even stupider things. Oh no, I've lost my flashlight. I'll go get it and in the process destroy practically all the other lights that are protecting everyone else. Yeah, that's good thinking :p

9. Aaron-Wan-Kenobi

Dec 8, 2002
    Yeah. People in movies are stupid. Like, hey Anakin I know hooking up with you is bad and will lead to the death of millions but I love you. Stupid.

10. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    Uhm why?
    Disney plans new 'Peter Pan' prequel
    Thursday, December 8 2005, 15:01 GMT -- by Miriam Zendle

Peter and the Starcatchers will be Disney's next animated release, the studio has revealed.

The Peter Pan prequel is based on the 2004 children's book by Ridley Pearson and Dave Barry, which charts the origins of Peter Pan. It will be scripted by Jay Wolpert, writer of Pirates of the Caribbean.

The story centres on Peter's experiences when he becomes a stowaway on a merchant ship. He finds a trunk full of a magical substance that allows people to fly, and has to save the day when the shipment is hijacked.

And why?
    Valderrama to make 'CHiPs' film
    Thursday, December 8 2005, 14:50 GMT -- by Miriam Zendle

Wilmer Valderrama has signed up to play Ponch in a new version of CHiPs, according to CNN.

The That 70s Show actor will play the motorcycle cop in the action comedy, which currently has no producer or director attached.

Warner Bros. Pictures, who have enjoyed recent success with revamps of The Dukes of Hazzard and Starsky & Hutch, are behind the project.

11. LizardJedi

LizardJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2005
    Those were sucesses?

[face_shame_on_you][face_worried][face_not_talking]:oops:

12. MALICE_MIZER

Jan 10, 2003
    I hate Warner Bros.

Sure, some of their movies are pretty cool...but their DVD releases are terrible. Always bare bones at best. Like their idea of "special features" would be a menu, or perhaps a DVD inside the package.

13. Robeewankenobe

Robeewankenobe Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 29, 2004
    Ok, I know some of you would ride your bike and sing the Chips song.:D

Warner Bro, has had some good movies, Matrix, Batman and Bugs Bunny. So, lets not knock them to much.
    Oh yeah! How about the new Looney Tunes......Ok I was wrong.

14. LordJedi

LordJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 15, 2001
    The first Matrix was good because it was fresh. The other two, I won't get into it (but I did like them). As for Batman, let's not forget that since they let the franchise go down the toilet (Batman 3 and 4) they essentially had to let other people do a new one in order to revive the series (Batman Begins). I think they learned their lesson.

In any case, every studio has their hits and misses, it's just a matter of having more hits than misses.

15. Aaron-Wan-Kenobi

Dec 8, 2002
    Don't forget Warner Brothers is responsible for Batman the animated series which is still the greatest superhero cartoons to date. They also did the batman animated films like Mask of the Phantasm.

16. Aaron-Wan-Kenobi

Dec 8, 2002
    I might have to go see goodfellas on the big screen.

17. MALICE_MIZER

Jan 10, 2003
    Got my Netflix this week.

Fantastic Four was probably the worst movie I have ever seen, ever. Talk about missing the mark with the source material. Like the only thing they got right was Human Torch and The Thing having a rivalry. Dr. Doom was so totally not what the character is in the comics, what a let-down. And if Jessica Alba is a scientist, then I'm a Four-Star Gourmet Chef. I haven't seen that bad a comic book movie since Daredevil.

Dukes of Hazzard was OK at best, but the DVD has one of the coolest bonus features ever. There's this Jessica Simpson video on there, that if you turn the volume off, you get to enjoy watching her dancing around, whilst not wearing much. It was probably the greatest thing I have ever seen. I cried, it was so awesome. Like she's not even that hot, but, I don't know...seeing her wash the General Lee and shaking around...man. Just wow.

I like movies.

18. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    Dude, I would rather watch Fantastic for ten times in a row in German then sit though Daredevil again.

I netflixed Steamboy. The movie was beautiful. But come on, their last name was 'Steam'?

19. MALICE_MIZER

Jan 10, 2003
    That reminds me, I still haven't seen Steamboy yet, I'll put that at the top of my Netflix queue.

Oh, and weird last names are staple in anime. Like in Neon Genesis Evangelion, the lead character's last name was Ikari, which is the word for "Rage", or "Fury".

Oh, and one more thing: If you liked Steamboy, rent Tokyo Godfathers. Probably the best animated film I've seen in terms of characterization, impact, and story. Mrs. Mizer cried. No lie. And Nausicaa. Rent Nausicaa now.

20. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    :mad: Whenever someone mentions that series, it makes my head hurt. What was it about again?

21. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    I watched Serenity and the commentary by Joss Whedon, and they are both awesome. Then i watched The Whole 10 Yards, which was not awesome.

22. Aaron-Wan-Kenobi

Dec 8, 2002
    Once again, I think exactly the opposite of Anthony. I loved FF and Daredevil. Don't want to argue about it. I will watch anything with Ben Affleck in it and FF was great.

23. Aaron-Wan-Kenobi

Dec 8, 2002
    I saw flight plan and that was okay.

I saw the aristocrats and it was very vulgar.

I saw waiting and it was funny as hell.

24. MALICE_MIZER

Jan 10, 2003
    I am waiting for Flightplan from Netflix, someone is taking their sweet time watching it.

I watched The Aristocrats and thought it was extremely funny, (particularly watching Kevin Pollack do an uncanny Christopher Walken impression) but it gets totally boring after a while, and when you get the general idea, you want it to end.

I forgot that Waiting came out on DVD, and am kicking myself for not renting it. Aaron just reminded me.

I did pick up the extended cut of Dune on DVD yesterday. For my dollar, it doesn't get better than a David Lynch movie.

25. Enforcer_Draconus

Enforcer_Draconus Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 19, 2004
    saw undrworld evolutions the other night its ok one thing i liked was it starts where underworld leaves off which was cool i thought

still need to see waiting saw just friends and it was hilarious

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.