main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hou, TX Movie Event: Superman Returns

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Phuong_Solo, Jun 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phuong_Solo

Phuong_Solo Jedi Master star 2

Jun 26, 2003
    Since I live on the SE side of town, I usually go to the AMC Gulfpointe 30. I know there will be a 10 PM showing on Tuesday, June 27. The movie officially opens on Wednesday, June 28. If there are any other places people would like to suggest, I might be willing to travel. I like to go see a movie first so that no one will spoil it for me, but I welcome other showtimes.

2. StormMoose

StormMoose Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 12, 2005
    I want to give this movie A chance. I am in. The toys look nice. I like the first 2 movies. The rest lost me. The third one is almost painful to watch. Nuclear Man was A sign of the times. I hope this movie can recreate the feel of the first one.
    Does anyone know if Christopher Reeve supported the movie? He always will be Superman to me.

3. Phuong_Solo

Jun 26, 2003
    I suppose we should make a list of the theaters that most of us frequent and narrow down to the ones people are willing to travel to.

4. StormMoose

Feb 12, 2005
    I stick with Edwards I10. The screens are good and the place is clean. Good food options for before and after. The AMC on Dunvale is also A good choice. I will travel if needed. I want to see this movie with A good, fun group of people.

5. WookieChuckles

WookieChuckles Jedi Youngling

Feb 8, 2004
    I'm definetly in for attending and I can probably drag my girlfriend as well. I'm a huge fan of the first two Superman movies and have a lot of confidence in Bryan Singer to revitalize the Supes mythos. I normally frequent the Edwards 24 @ Weslayan and 59, but I'm also close to the I-10 Edwards, more than happy to go there. I'm also down for the Dunvale AMC Studio 30.
    Would love to see a group of Star Wars geeks hanging out for this movie, so I'm glad people are actively trying to figure out the best theatre for everyone.

6. Crunchy

Crunchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    I liked the 3rd film, only because of Richard Prior, and the openning sequence was great!

Can't wait for this new installment! My theater is the one on 99 and I-10 in Katy!!

7. Danpa_Wamem

Danpa_Wamem Jedi Youngling star 2

May 2, 2005
    I know I saw something the other day adversting Superman on IMAX 3-D ... and Edwards (I-10) has a IMAX screen ... not sure if they are doing a midnight show or not, etc.

8. Phuong_Solo

Jun 26, 2003
    I have been looking up listings for the Edwards theaters with the IMAX screen and they have nothing further than June 22 listed right now.

9. Danpa_Wamem

Danpa_Wamem Jedi Youngling star 2

May 2, 2005
    The regal website does show that the I10 Edwards will have the movie ... here is a link.

10. Phuong_Solo

Jun 26, 2003
    I woouldn't mind the whole IMAX thing but it is $11.50 per ticket. That is quite a bit.

11. TI1420

TI1420 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 5, 2002
    The Imax version is not entirely in 3-D and will be cut down to accomodate the technical limitations of the Imax system, so I'll skip that one and hit the Edwards Theater on 59 and Weslayan. I know some fans who aren't on this forum who are planning on that one, so if you come join us you'll be in good company.

12. Phuong_Solo

Jun 26, 2003
    I think the most people go to the Edwards I-10 theater for the north siders and the AMC Gulfpointe 30 for the south siders. I think we should make those the theaters.

13. JediSearch

JediSearch Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 23, 2006
    Where is AMC Gulfpointe 30 and how much is admission?

14. DarthElizur

DarthElizur Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2006
    Gulfpoint is at Beltway 8 and 45 on the South side of town.

It's a great theatre. Very nice, stadium seating and all that stuff. I remember it being pretty pricey, though.

15. Yodas-evil-twin

Yodas-evil-twin Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 3, 2005
    I'm probably going to Edwards 24.

BTW the Chronicle gave it a score of ***1/2 out of ****.

16. Phuong_Solo

Jun 26, 2003
    All I have to say to avoid spoilers is that I absolutely loved it!!! I can't wait to see it again.

17. StormMoose

Feb 12, 2005
    This is the first summer movie I will pay to see on big screen again. I was A good story and better then expected acting. Number one on my summer list so far. Sorry Xmen Superman has the upper hand in heros this year.

18. JediSearch

JediSearch Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 23, 2006
    I really liked the flying scenes, they made him go REALLY fast! =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.