main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

St. Lou, MO movie extras

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by dudeman, Nov 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dudeman

dudeman Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    ok, me and some friends r makin a movie starting this spring and we need like 15-20 extras, so anyone who wants to help just post here or PM me or email me. just click on my name and look for either PM or email or screen name. we NEED people badly for extras so please please please help out.

2. dudeman

Jun 19, 2002
    ok come on. its standing in the backround of the film swing around a metal pipe or maybe just sitting down in costume like a senator, thats all we need you guys to do for now. we might need some major characters though later.

3. dudeman

Jun 19, 2002
    ok well we got one person who might be able to bring other people. man, u guys really dont like to respond to acting calls do you?

4. VoijaRisa

VoijaRisa Jedi Master star 5

Oct 12, 2002
    You need to rewrite your script before you start making casting calls.

From what you had, there's no way you could pull off that film.

Plus you need to work on your writing style. I've already discussed this with your friend doing the writing with you.

5. dudeman

Jun 19, 2002
    yes i know he told me. we really need to rewrite it to make it a little cheaper and more possible to do. but anyway what's the word with your movie?

6. VoijaRisa

Oct 12, 2002
    Word on my film is that I've finished casting all of the major roles. One actor I'm not sure on because he lives here in Springfield and we're hoping we can get him to come down for a weekend to St Louis for filming.

I've been watching Ebay for a Yoda mask I can mutilate into a puppet/costume and costumes for the main characters are slowly being made.

I've got someone working on CG models for the ships.

I've been pouring over all sorts of classical music looking for things that people have never heard of.

In my spare time (it's finals season here at college) I've been working on new lightsaber moves and while home my sister (who will be playing Yoda since she does the gymnastics) and I worked on some very cool looking moves including one where she does a one-handed cartwheel over my saber. Another includes a back-handspring to get out of range. Should be very impressive. I was going to shoot some footage but unfortunately I left my camera at college.

I've also been working on my rotoscoping skills and practicing other fx techniques that I'll be using.

So hopefully, this summer, I'll be able to get through filming very quickly and then start on the post production work.

However, I am still looking for more people to get dressed up as Jedi or Sith and swing lightsabers around in the background. If anyone's reading this and wants to help me out that hasn't told me Email me (jrv424s@smsu.edu) and let me know!

7. dudeman

Jun 19, 2002
    ok kewl, sounds like youve been doing a lot of work. ok, now what roles do i play? i cant remember if you told me that i am playing a big or small or medium role or not. so just let me know of that please.

8. VoijaRisa

Oct 12, 2002
    A Jedi in the background during the final battle. Or a Sith. Perhaps both if I need enough actors...

If you have any more questions pertaining to my fan film, please post it in my thread instead of having an extra thread floating around.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.