main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto Movie Get Together - Robot

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Styrofoam_Guy, Feb 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Styrofoam_Guy

Styrofoam_Guy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    ** Revised 3/10/2005 10:40pm **

Any interest in going to see the movie Robot that is coming out Friday March 11th

This is supposed to have the latest Ep 3 movie trailer.

Date: Friday March 11.
    Time: 7pm showing

http://www.movietickets.com/house_detail.asp?house_id=6862&movie_id=41678&showdate=2&language=2&exid=fpi

***Going to Movie***
    Alex -Styrofoam Guy - Ordering online
    (Cell phone 416-823-0664)
    Tessa - sw-starwarsfreakness
    Sabrina - Sabrina001
    Adam - Adam-the-Indifferent
    Christina - Elewyn
    Matt - Wolf
    Steff - Amidala_wannabe - Alex ordering ticket
    Andrew - JediMasterBuck
    JediCourier - Alex ordering ticket
    Mitch - Mert_Skywalker

***Maybe***
    Dan - Grey Starr - Ordering online
    Ken - Kenobi2

***Can not go***
    Gauri - Anakin_Padme4ever
    Rosemary - Arsinoe

***Would Love to but wants to be spoiler free***
    Deb - Lelila

2. grey_starr

grey_starr Jedi Master star 4

Jan 22, 2004
    Yorkdale is a good central "Hub"... for driving, subway and GO...

The rumour is that we could be seeing the full Sith movie trailer at the start of the movie... A logical choice, since it's released by the same distributor, is bound to be a popular family attraction, and features the voice of Ewan McGregor (Obi-Wan).

3. Wolf

Wolf Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    This might be do able since if i'm working my open instead of my manager shift, hasn't been posted yet but if i am doing the open i'll be in.

4. Anakin_Padme4ever

Anakin_Padme4ever Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 29, 2002
    As of right now, I should be able to make it. I'll probably know my schedule for that time the coming weekend, tho.

I haven't been out to an event in awhile, so I hope that I can get the chance to make it out to this one. :)

5. Elewyn

Elewyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2002

i'm goign to definetely try to make it...any excuse for me to go to yorkdale!! :p

6. sw-starwarsfreakness

sw-starwarsfreakness Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2003

I am SO there. Ewan McGregor's voice as the main character! I'll just close my eyes and pretend he's acting in a very "Velvet Goldmine" manor :D:D:D

7. Sabrina001

Sabrina001 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    As of right now I am also available to make it.

Gives me an excuse to go to Yorkdale.

Is it safe to assume we are talking about an "after-work" showing?

Sabrina

8. Styrofoam_Guy

Jul 28, 2003
    Yes I am planning for around 6:30 PM or later.

I am not sure how busy it will be.

Alex
    Styrofoam Guy

9. Styrofoam_Guy

Jul 28, 2003
    I hear the trailer will be also shown on March 11 during the O.C.

Alex
    Styrofoam Guy

10. Lelila

Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 1999
    Hey guys,

If Yorkdale isn't okay for everyone to get maybe Grande or a theater around there would be better for people? But so far it seems like that's not the case and everyone can make it there so it's all good :)

I'd love to be there but I have the double whammy of being a) in school in London, and b) spoiler free (so no trailers). I nearly saw the teaser by accident at a staff screening back in December, and that event basically involved me seeing the Lucasfilm Logo, leaping over the guy I was sitting next to and running out of the theater screaming. Then loudly singing "La La La La La La La La" while sitting on the floor rocking and holding my ears. My general manager walked by at this point and was quite perplexed, I don't think he understood "spoiler free." A funny story though! I can't believe I'm missing a Ewan movie :(

11. Adam-the-Indifferent

Adam-the-Indifferent Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    I'll be there, looking forward to seeing everyone again!

12. Arsinoe

Arsinoe Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 24, 1999
    Lesse...

I'll already be in Yorkdale to see the Heffelump movie in the afternoon with friends. Then we're supposed to go to dinner...

So...depending on how long dinner is and how early you guys end up going to see this movie. I might be able to make it or at least see some of you there. lol

13. Wolf

Wolf Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    I was given the open shift on fri so i should be a go for the movie.

14. grey_starr

Jan 22, 2004
    Wow... that list has more people then I thought!... and I was going to ask where everyone was...

Come on people... join in... it's just a yes or no type question really... takes 2 seconds to let us know your even still on the boards reading this...

15. Lelila

Jan 16, 1999
    Wait! Matt I thought you were also spoiler free! :p

16. grey_starr

Jan 22, 2004
    he can close his eyes and go "nya nya nya"...

17. Wolf

Wolf Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    Oh i am, i plan to either leave the theater or close eyes and sing buffy songs. :p

18. Amidala_wannabe

Amidala_wannabe Jedi Master star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    I would really love to go, but Alas I have no money, so I won't be making it this time.

Sorry guys ^_^

19. grey_starr

Jan 22, 2004
    Here's proof of the rumour... and also a warning for the Spoiler free...

The full length trailer for Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith is on its way, with a world premiere during an new episode of "The O.C" on FOX, Thursday, March 10th.

Seth Cohen, the resident Star Wars fan on "The O.C.", would be proud. The new episode airs at 8 pm ET/PT on FOX. During the broadcast, you'll be able to see the full trailer which features over two minutes of new Star Wars footage.

Those wanting to see the online debut of the Episode III trailer need to log in to starwars.com Hyperspace. Members of Hyperspace: The Official Star Wars Fan Club can begin watching the trailer after the television broadcast, at approximately 9pm PT. If you're not yet subscribed, click here.

For those who want to see the trailer on the big screen, it will be released in theaters on March 11, along with Robots, the new animated feature film from Twentieth Century Fox.

The trailer will next appear online for all users of starwars.com on Monday, March 14, with a large screen version available only to Hyperspace subscribers arriving shortly after that date.

20. Elewyn

Elewyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2002

I'm listed as a maybe but you can put me down as a definetely going to be there!

21. Wolf

Wolf Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    i'm a definate too. i get off work at 5.

22. Anakin_Padme4ever

Anakin_Padme4ever Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 29, 2002
    :_| And again, work doesn't seem to want me to make the events...I'm guessing you guys are probably going to go to an evening show, which means a no-go for me as I have to work at 6... :(

However, I WILL make it out to an event BEFORE we do the line up...I swear I will!! [face_plain]

Btw Debs...you're still spoiler-free?!? Really, my hats off to you, I was trying that route for this one, but...it sorta failed for me... :( :p

23. Lelila

Jan 16, 1999
    Ya, Gauri still am! I'm driven by the fact that I knew absolutely everything from Episode II before I went in (stupid Visual Dictionary temptation) and that made the movie less awesome the first time because I was anticipating everything.

I'm afraid I'm not as spoiler free as I want to be though.

I've taken steps to avoid - I haven't seen the teaser and won't see the trailer, and have stopped posting on some boards that would get me excited and tempt me to look at stuff.

My brother keeps hinting and telling me stuff though - even though he's good about not saying anything major, I know how it starts now, a bit about what the planets are and about a couple of the new characters. He's also been drawing the new ships for me (OMG THEY LOOK AWESOME!) though I draw the line and won't actually look at a real picture. And I know a few things thanks to the stupid news headlines on these boards that give things away. And my latest and hopefully final weakness was looking at Padme's Episode III costumes on padawansguide while I was doing research there. Other then that, gooooooo spoiler free!

24. JediMasterBuck

JediMasterBuck Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 17, 2004
    Count me in - when will time/location be confirmed?

25. Styrofoam_Guy

Jul 28, 2003
    I will confirm the place and time at the latest Wed evening. Stay tuned

Can someone get there early and buy tickets for others?

I would not want people to show up and not be able to get a ticket.

Alex
    Styrofoam guy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.