main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Movie Marathon Before TFA

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by DBPirate, Oct 16, 2015.

?

Are you going to have a movie marathon?

1. Uh...duh?

30 vote(s)
    69.8%
  2. Only if I have time.

10 vote(s)
    23.3%
  3. *shrugs*

3 vote(s)
    7.0%
  1. DBPirate

DBPirate Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015
    I know it's still a while until The Force Awakens, but next week I'm going to have my Star Wars movie marathon to get ready for the upcoming film. Or maybe I'm just looking for an excuse to watch them.

Are you going to have a marathon anytime soon?

2. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    I plan to, but first I gotta have time.

3. SW Saga Fan

SW Saga Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2015
    I've already started. In each two or three weeks I watch each of the 6 movies chronologically and I'm giving my thoughts about the movies on this board after not watching them for many years. I might rewatch all six of them again once I finish my marathon just before December 18th.

Jedi-Gambino likes this.
  4. MeBeJedi

MeBeJedi Force Ghost star 6

May 30, 2002
    "Ticket prices vary, but it was reported that the $50 ticket includes that for "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" as well as the "Star Wars Marathon." The marathon will begin with "The Phantom Menace" on Dec. 17 at 4 a.m., and finish with "The Force Awakens" at 7 p.m., so be sure to stand by for that." - http://www.techtimes.com/articles/9...-awakens-may-be-available-starting-friday.htm

Yeah, that's just too much Star Wars in a row for me...

Seagoat, Sarge and darthtimetraveller like this.
  5. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    Here's the Fandango link if anyone wants it. There's even a poster. As for me personally, I'm debating whether or not to go, but I'd probably be completely worn out by the time I got to TFA. I think I'm just going to do a marathon at home with my family and girlfriend in the days leading up the film's midnight release.

http://www.fandango.com/starwarsmarathon2015_187763/movieoverview

Tommytom likes this.
  6. chagrian_scavenger

chagrian_scavenger Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 17, 2015
    I'm planning to watch one SW movie every day in the week leading up to Episode 7.
    I'll start with The Phantom Menace on December 11th and end with Return of the Jedi on December 16th.
    Then I'll watch The Force Awakens on December 17th (when it comes out in my country).

Visivious Drakarn likes this.
  7. JediMasterSven

JediMasterSven Jedi Master star 3

Apr 21, 2014
    I'll do the same. With time allotted for the Clone Wars microseries in order to get my Clone Wars fix.(yes, I know it isn't canon, but in my own personal headcanon it is. )

Lady_Skywalker87 likes this.
  8. Lady_Skywalker87

Lady_Skywalker87 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 4, 2008
    I feel cheated...the tickets for Marathon can't found yet like you can find TFA....[face_sigh]

To answer the question if I would on my own...maybe not sure. I rather catch up with the Journey To TFA material first.

9. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Want
    Want!
    WANT

10. Lady_Skywalker87

Aug 4, 2008
    Seagoat likes this.
  11. Obi-John Kenobi

Obi-John Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Oct 30, 2012
    I typically do for marvel movies and other sequels, but I'm going to be hard pressed to find time in late December. I'll try to get something going (maybe one a week or something) but I certainly will watch ROTJ the night before.

12. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    I think I'll just watch Return of the Jedi the day before.
    A little refresher and mood setter.

13. Seagoat

Jan 25, 2013
    Ok sorry if this is stupid, but how DO I preorder tickets for this marathon thing? There's a theatre doing it barely an hour away from me and the guy who answered basically told me he had no idea lol

14. SlashMan

SlashMan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2012
    This could either end really well or really bad (we'll finally see how much Star Wars is too much Star Wars). I'm really hoping this isn't just for the premiere of TFA. I can't set aside that much time at that point, but I'd love to some other time.

15. Lady_Skywalker87

Aug 4, 2008

Find your theater online and order...? That's I did.

16. Seagoat

Jan 25, 2013
    I was freaking out xD fear not, I have my tickets

17. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
    Of course.

I will them like this:

TPM->AOTC->Micro-series->ROTS->ANH->TESB->ROTJ->TFA

18. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    I recently discovered that watching the Clone Wars mico-series like a two-hour feature length film split into distinct one-hour halves in between Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith enhances the narrative arc of both those films, and ties both of them into The Phantom Menace more tightly than they previously were.

Tosche_Station likes this.
  19. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    In the past I've actually done things the other way around, where the new stuff gets me to go back to the old stuff. I watched ESB soon after my first viewing of TPM. I watched ANH after seeing ROTS. I'll probably be inclined to watch TPM after TFA.

20. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    No, because I can't sit still that long.

I'll probably marathon the OT at home where I can stand up and stretch, move around, get a drink, etc. if I need to.

SateleNovelist11 likes this.
  21. Wrenegade

Wrenegade Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2015
    Same here. Except the part about the 17th, its the 18th over here.

22. Lady_Skywalker87

Aug 4, 2008
    Good...gooood. :emperor: Yeah Monday night was crazy...I was kinda freaking out too!! Got them yesterday at last.

23. Jedi-Gambino

Jedi-Gambino Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 14, 2015
    I just find it very satisfying that they are (yet again) presenting it the correct way, in chronological order, the way the always artist intended. The way you turn the pages in the book in my icon. 1 -7.

I want that poster too!

Darth_Articulate and L110 like this.
  24. Delta-7

Delta-7 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 24, 2002
    The 6 days leading up to the film I will watch each film a night. I will watch them right too, lights off, cell phone/lap top away, and plenty of buttery popcorn (Ill be sick of popcorn by the end of the week im sure).

Also chronological order of course.

25. ojisan

ojisan Jedi Youngling

Oct 19, 2015
    commercial TV in aust have been showing a different movie each week.. even though I have the DVD's, I still watch them.
    This saturday evening is Empire Strikes Back