main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Movie Mistakes in Episode III

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by Master_Plagueis, May 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Master_Yoda-

-Master_Yoda- Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 6, 2005
    How did they mess up the lightsabre hilts in the conference room?

I mean, really, you'd have think they'd have noticed if they were holding the wrong sabre!

2. Teineken

Teineken Jedi Youngling star 1

May 20, 2005
    What was "Lord Plagius" already taken.

3. Jovieve

Jovieve Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    In ANH, doesn't C3PO say one of his first jobs was 'programming binary load lifters'? And yet after his mind-wipe, isn't he essentially a protocol droid on a diplomatic shuttle for an Alderaan senator?

4. Brandon Rhea

Brandon Rhea Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 26, 2004
    Perhaps they were holding the wrong saber as an homage to the fact that at two points in the Obi-Wan/Vader duel in ANH, Obi-Wan's blade is red and Vader's blade is blue. I dunno, but that seems as if that can be the only way. I just don't see how that could have been accidently screwed up.

5. -Master_Yoda-

Feb 6, 2005
    I've really no idea. By the way, I thought they'd fixed that on the DVD?

6. Ramses100

Ramses100 Jedi Youngling

Jun 24, 2003
    I saw several errors.

The rememberance Anakin has of his convo with Palpatine while Mace goes to arrest him: "If the jedi kill me, blablabla"
    This dialogue wasnt shown. I can see how Anakin things along these lines, but Palpatine never actually said it, so I think it is cut dialogue being used here.

The security recordings Obi-Wan watches also show a scene not portraited in the movie. Palpatine's offer to Lord Vader to goto Mustafar is different in dialogue.

The name Darth Sidious is suddenly known to Yoda as he walks into Palpatine's office. How does he know? There has been no mention of this name in the vicinity of Yoda. Furthermore he calls him Emperor, which also is unknown to Yoda.

Basically all the reference Yoda and Obi-Wan make to the Empire, the Emperor etc feels misplaced, unless they had an offscreen briefing by Senator Organa.
    Rember, Organa was at the special Senate meeting in which the empire was announced and Yoda and Obi-Wan at the same time were at the jedi temple, when Obi-Wan requested to be sent to kill the Emperor!

During the Sids - Yoda fight at some point Sids starts throwing pods at Yoda. How come Yoda is suddenly at a different level (lower) and how come sids suddenly doesnt have a lightsaber anymore? This prolly is due to editting.

In the Obi-Wan - Anakin fight Anakin at some points chokes Obi-wan with one hand and tries to put Obi's saber to his head with his other hand. Where did Ani's saber go? Again, due to editting.

I'll prolly see more errors the third time I watch it, but at least here are a few...

7. -Master_Yoda-

Feb 6, 2005
    I agree with some of your post, but

1) You clearly see Yoda drop his lightsabre

2) The Jedi have known about Darth Sidious' existence since Episode II, where Dooku tells Obi-wan his name.

8. darth_Boba

darth_Boba Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 28, 2002
    A small one that bugged me: How did Cody clip Obi-Wan's lightsaber to his belt? There's no slot for the covertech peg to clip into, and his saber doesn't have the D-ring yet. Yoda's got the same problem.

9. -Master_Yoda-

Feb 6, 2005
    It's held there by the force [face_mischief]!

10. razzy1319

razzy1319 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2004
    Before sidious orders vader to shutdown the droids you can see holograms of battlefields where the droids arent moving anymore. after that scene during the DUEL, you can see the droids still moving.

also
    during the separatists massacre anakin closes all the doors yet when killing nute gunray, the door behind the neimodian is clearly open

11. Hawk1245

Hawk1245 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 10, 2004
    QUOTE: "Yoda never heard the name Darth Sidious"

That is incorrect, in AOTC Obi Wan references the name Sidious to Yoda in the final scene before the take off montage.

OBI WAN
    "Do you what Dooku said about Sidious controlling the senate was true?"

YODA:
    "Joined the darkside, Dooku has."

12. DarthAJ

DarthAJ Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2004
    in the hologram scene Palpatine says "Now Lord Vader, bring peace to the Empire." But when the recording was taken the empire had not been created. I guess they did that so the audience wouldn't get confused because the empire was declared just before the Obi-wan saw the recording.

13. Padawan60552

Padawan60552 Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2005
    Thank you! I was beginning to think I was the only one who caught this. I was shocked when Padme died! I can't buy that Leah would remember her mother as a baby, force or no force.

14. Jovieve

May 19, 2002
    Ramses100

Basically all the reference Yoda and Obi-Wan make to the Empire, the Emperor etc feels misplaced, unless they had an offscreen briefing by Senator Organa.
    Rember, Organa was at the special Senate meeting in which the empire was announced and Yoda and Obi-Wan at the same time were at the jedi temple, when Obi-Wan requested to be sent to kill the Emperor!

In the security holograms where Obi-Wan sees Anakin kneeling before Sidious, what Sidious is saying is 'go bring peace to the empire.'

An empire is run by an emperor. Regardless of when it was announced to the Senate, that's Sidious' plan.

15. JediMindTrick73

JediMindTrick73 Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2005
    I caught that too. I think any jedi knight that is at a higher level than a padawan would be considered a master to the lower level jedi, but not in the same way that a master to a knight would be. I think it was a sign of respect and an address of Anakin's higher ranking. I was trying to think of what else he could have used as a title for Anakin at that point.

16. Brandon Rhea

Brandon Rhea Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 26, 2004
    When Anakin first sees Padme, he picks her up and spins her around. How could he not feel a weight difference there? I mean, she was pregnant with twins.

17. R4P17DC

R4P17DC Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2005
    "If the jedi kill me, blablabla"
    This dialogue wasnt shown. I can see how Anakin things along these lines, but Palpatine never actually said it, so I think it is cut dialogue being used here.

I thought Palpatine was communacating through the force to him, just as Luke had to Leia.

18. Christa122

Christa122 Jedi Youngling

Dec 16, 2002
    Someone mentioned to me that Obi-Wan's eye color changes throughout the movie from blue to brown.

After watching it today on a digital screen, his eye color does change, but to me it's more because he appears to have hazel eyes and hazel eyes (at least in those I've known) change with the person's emotions. An old boyfriend of mine had hazel eyes and when he was in a good mood they were blue-ish and when he was angry they were a muddy-brown color. At other times they looked green.

Anyone else notice this? I saw somewhere that his eyes were supposed to be brown to match up with Alec Guinness's eyes, but they are Ewan's natural color in AOTC (which is on Fox right now!). Any comments?

Are Ewan's eyes really hazel??? They look that way to me, but I'm sure I'm wrong!

By the way, as others have said, the digital version is amazing! It was like seeing a different movie!

~Christa

19. tee4jc85

tee4jc85 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 20, 2005
    Ewan's eyes are hazel. I think the 'brown' effect of them can be chalked up to the DP working on the film, the lighting made Hayden's eyes look grey alot of the time. Usually Ewan's eyes look blue or greenish.

In the scene where Padme comforts Anakin about his dream, when she first approaches him the pearl beads on the right side of her gown are aligned and straight. In the next couple shots they are all twisted..then they are straight again.

20. Jovieve

May 19, 2002
    LOL! There is a lot of debate on the color of Ewan's eyes. They're not exactly hazel either. The hazel eyes I've seen have a center core of gold or brown, Ewan's eyes are clear of any such color gradient and they've been described as green, blue and gray by different interviewers over the years. He just has those mood-ring type color eyes.

In some scenes, his eyes are an indeterminant color (when Anakin sees him off to look for Gen. Grievous), but in the close-up eye shot with Grievous, they look blue to me.

21. DarthAJ

DarthAJ Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2004
    When Palpatine was telling Anakin about the powers his mentor Darth Plaguis (sp?) taught him about stopping death, doesn't that contradict the emperor dying in Return of the Jedi?

You dissapoint me. Palpatine clearly says that plagieus had the power to stop people from dieing but not himself. So if Palps did have the power to stop death he couldn't stop himself, just like Plagieus. Were you paying attention during the movie?

22. NorCalBirdz

NorCalBirdz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 28, 2004
    When Anakin first sees Padme, he picks her up and spins her around. How could he not feel a weight difference there? I mean, she was pregnant with twins.

What was he gonna say? "Wow Padme, you've put on alot of pounds!"

23. lordvader67847

lordvader67847 Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2005
    Just to clerify, In movie III yoda tells obi-wan they must be kept seperated, but Leia is never told she is adopted. In her eyes it is her mother.

24. lordvader67847

lordvader67847 Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2005
    If you notice, Palp tells Ani that that the padawan learned how to save people, but after Ani kills all of the jedi in the jedi temple Palp says that together they will find a way to stop death... so he lied.

25. jagaruga

jagaruga Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2005
    Hi, I'm new here but a long time star wars fan. Please be nice to me.:-D

I'll saw one wrong thing. It's actually physics related so you can say that laws of physics are different in the star wars world. anyway, here it is. I noticed when the droid ship was tilting at the beggining of the movie, everything was sliding. i think that they shouldn't be since they were all in space and the gravity of the ship is supposedly towards the floor. the only explanation i can think of is that they were pulled somehow by coruscant. anyway, what do you guys think?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.