main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Movie Mistakes in Episode III

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by Master_Plagueis, May 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. silverblade

silverblade Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 24, 2001
    The only explanation that seems to make sense is the one you just offered.

2. Darth_Cylan

Darth_Cylan Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2005
    When Anakin gets out of the fighter on Mustafar he pulls his hood up. His right hand dosn't have the glove on it.

Also, In ESB, Obi-Wan dosn't seem to know that Leia is Luke's sister yet he had seen her be born.

"That Boy was our last chance."

How can you forget about Leia so easily?

3. Darth_Kiveran

Darth_Kiveran Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2005
    >We never found out who ordered the clones.

Jango told Obi he was hired by a man named Tyrranus,(sp?) which was of course Dooku's Sith name. Thus, through him, it was Palpatine who ordered them, it would seem extremely likely...

4. SithLord4488

SithLord4488 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2005
    the mistakes did not harm the flow of the movie

5. CorranH

CorranH Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 14, 2002
    Also, In ESB, Obi-Wan dosn't seem to know that Leia is Luke's sister yet he had seen her be born.

"That Boy was our last chance."

How can you forget about Leia so easily?

Obi Wan did not know that Lei was force sensitive that is all...

6. Jovieve

Jovieve Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    I'll saw one wrong thing. It's actually physics related so you can say that laws of physics are different in the star wars world. anyway, here it is. I noticed when the droid ship was tilting at the beggining of the movie, everything was sliding. i think that they shouldn't be since they were all in space and the gravity of the ship is supposedly towards the floor. the only explanation i can think of is that they were pulled somehow by coruscant. anyway, what do you guys think?

Yeah, I caught that too. That implies when Han Solo is spinning the Millennium Falcon in pinwheels to escape the Tie-fighters in ESB, everyone not strapped down is bouncing off the walls inside of the Falcon.

It's a continuity error, notice that R2 and C3PO do slide in ESB as well as it tilts.

The OT has no excuse, the only one I can think of in ROTS, is since the Invisible Hand is going down because of terrible damage I imagine the power grid is fluctuating so maybe the artificial gravity is fluctuating as well.

7. Dinoforce

Dinoforce Jedi Youngling star 1

May 21, 2002
    This is not really a mistake but more about understanding pregnant women. There is no way a very pregnant woman can run like Padme did when she went to Mustafar to see Anakin.

8. newwavebb

newwavebb Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2005
    Padme's death is what was bothering me too. I didn't know if I was just remembering RTJ wrong or what? I don't know why Lucas made such a change. Well I mean obviously it's more dramatic if Padme dies but seems like a big mistake.

9. Nicomsaber

Nicomsaber Jedi Youngling

Apr 18, 2005
    Ewan's eyes are green. Sir Alec Gueniss's (sp?) eyes are blue. He had to wear contacts and in some scenes it is obvious that Ewan forgot. I guess that is the story

10. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Since the artificial gravity in Star Wars doesn't really make sense in the first place, I think we should let the Invisible Hand thing... ahem, slide.

11. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    ^Why would Padme be alive? The whole point of the movie as that Anakin wanted to have Padme live forever. Having her die makes Anakin seem more real. He failed to keep her alive.

12. ppal

ppal Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 13, 1999
    Why do so many people hate the EU so much

13. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    ppal posted on 5/22/05 6:34pm
    Why do so many people hate the EU so much
    [hr][/blockquote]

Mostly because they have gross misconceptions (i.e. "teh EU brought back maul!!11!").

14. Huttsler

Huttsler Jedi Youngling star 1

May 14, 2005
    Here's one, but its kinda debatable:

Kashyyyk. Everything(which is mostly EU info) that I've seen/read/heard about Kashyyyk says that it is covered in trees that stand miles and miles high. And the surface of the planet is a place that only Wookiees go, and is highly dangerous for even them. Its supposed to be filled with huge, vicious creatures. And the Wookiee's cities are built in the tops of the trees.

Now, in the movie, all we could see of Kashyyyk was a little bit of jungle, what seemed to be mountainous regions, and a beach. Nothing like what I'd expected.

On the other hand, I can accept that there might be a large body of water somewhere on the planet. And that the trees would thin around this area and the surface wouldn't be as dangerous. But the trees just didn't seem tall enough. And the fact that trees don't grow well around mountains...

Anyway, just something I'd noticed.

On the topic of the EU...I like the EU. Not all of it, but there have been quite a few stories that I've really liked. Many of them are pretty fun and interesting. While I don't agree that Maul would have been able to come back to life, I suppose it could be possible. Palp was able to keep Anakin alive...its likely that he could keep Maul alive too. And Maul was an interesting character that didn't get much A)Screen time or B) Backstory.

Anyway, I think the EU can be fun and isn't something that HAS to fit in with what the movies say. Most of them, however, do go along with the movies, for the most part. Though, quite a few will become huuuuuge stretches now that the prequels have ended. :p

15. WLDB

WLDB Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 11, 2004
    Anakin drops his lightsaber after slicing off Mace's hand. Its still on the floor when he gets up and heads for the temple. So how did it wind up in his hand when he was at the temple? And where did Palpatine get the new lightsaber for his fight with Yoda?

16. Thulium

Thulium Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 1999
    Regarding gravity on the Invisible Hand, it is explained in the novelization that the artificial gravity is messed up from the attack and that gravity is changing directions throughout.

To make it easier to understand for the non-technical they show the ship moving in relation to Coruscant, but there is still dialog as Grievous and Neimoidian captain attempt to bring the "stabilizers" back online.

This is absolutely not a technical gaffe, it's simply another occassion where Lucas doesn't go into the dirty technical details. This isn't Star Trek, so who cares?

17. poker

poker Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 6, 2005
    When ObiWan return to save Padme after the duel, he is not even sweaty.

That's right after fighting for 15 minutes against the Chosen one, over lava.

Lol ;) Maybe he took a shower on the way to the ship ;)

18. obisean

obisean Jedi Youngling

Jul 12, 1998
    for the part about the lightsaber hilts in the wrong hands. I took is as part of the fight that got edited out, where both are without their own lightsabers and just grab the nearest one.

19. thecasejedi

thecasejedi Jedi Youngling

Jun 16, 2004
    I noticed a few things. First, after Palpatine fries Mace, and he puts his hood up, he sits down in his chair. At that point, if you look at his hands, his thumbs do not have makeup, which is odd.

Secondly, you can see Darth Vader's heels after he breaks off the operating table.

20. Padme_Bras

Padme_Bras Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2005
    How pregnant was padme? If I recall correctly she says she is 3 months. When Luke and Leia are born they seem to be much bigger then what an infant would be at 3 months

21. wanderer-bkb

wanderer-bkb Jedi Youngling star 1

May 13, 2005
    During Padme's funeral procession she still has her pregnancy 'bump'. It should be gone.

22. DarthAJ

DarthAJ Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2004
    i think Padme is five because she hadn't seen Ani in five months. I think.

During Padme's funeral she still has a baby belly.

23. Padme_Bras

Padme_Bras Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2005
    The "bump" is to give Vader and the Palps the impression that she lost the child as well.

24. Magic_Al

Magic_Al Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 18, 2003
    Yeah Yoda losing his robe with his fight with Sidious, he jumps in the speeder with bail without it and then on Tantiv IV he is wearing it again. how did he get his robe back or did he have a spare one somewhere.

There's a significant amount of time between Yoda and Obi-Wan's return to the temple and the two final duels. Obi-Wan needs enough time to get to Mustafar on the Outer Rim. Meanwhile, Yoda might have had time to pack up both his and Obi-Wan's stuff and put it on the Tantive IV.

25. voodoopuuduu

voodoopuuduu Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 22, 2004
    It's actually physics related so you can say that laws of physics are different in the star wars world.

Yep, Star Wars physics are different, even GL has said so. And not to be scrutinized too carefully. Its in a galaxy far far away, where the universal physics laws are different.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.