main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Movie Mistakes in Episode III

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by Master_Plagueis, May 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SuperStarDestroyer

SuperStarDestroyer Jedi Master star 3

Apr 8, 1999
    Dunno if this has been posted but, why the heck didn't Obi just use the Force to push the buzz droids away from his fighter? Ani could have helped him do the same, instead of shooting at Obi's fighter and ramming his fighter into Obi's, etc.

Duh....

2. PADMELUVA

PADMELUVA Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2004
    i actually thought of that too!!

3. MeBeJedi

MeBeJedi Force Ghost star 6

May 30, 2002
    I find it funny that Obi-wan's ship has "S foils" similar to the X-wings, but there are no weapons on the tips, and we can see into the wing at the machinery underneath.

Apparently, the point of his S foils is to make himself a larger and more exposed target.

4. Sithlord_kev

Sithlord_kev Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 20, 2005
  5. PADMELUVA

PADMELUVA Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2004
    i thought he was telling his troops to lock their s-foils into position, cause they do have them. maybe im mistaken.

6. MeBeJedi

May 30, 2002
    Watch the wings on Obi-wan's ship. There are sections that swing up, essentially giving his ship a "Tie fighter wing" look.

"For example why does Luke find Dagobah familiar in ESB? This is not addressed."

It is not Dagobah that Luke finds familiar...

LUKE: Still... there's something familiar about this place. I feel like...

YODA: Feel like what?

LUKE: Like we're being watched!
    YODA: This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away...[/b][/blockquote]Yoda has been watching him for a long time prior to ESB, and is again doing so at the time Luke speaks this line.

7. saltyjedi

saltyjedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 29, 2004
    no! they didnt want anyone to know the children were born so she was buried with the bump so everyone thought the children were dead...that way Vader is tricked...

also heres my three theories on the continuity issues with ROTS and ROTJ as far as Padme goes-

1. Lucas changed his story.... I heard a story that PAdme was suppossed to live and go to Degabah and have her children with Yoda present...then she leaves Luke on Tatooine and goes to Alderan to take care of Leia and dies there...so Leia has some memories of her........
    No, Lea always had a connection to the force which was established in ESB when whe knows where to find Luke. The memories she has are visions through the force, she has only revealed this to Luke in ROTJ and no one else since she doesnt fully understand her power and Luke is the only person she knows that will understand her connection so she confides in him. 2. Leia was born second.... she was near Padme as she died.... maybe the force gave her memories....
    Your correct here.
    3. OR in ROTJ.... Luke asks LEia about her mother BEFORE he tells her of her parentage so its possible she is talking about her adopted mother...
    No, Luke askes if she remembered her REAL mother not her adopted mother. Luke's goal was to shed light on Lea and her past as well as her connection to the Force.
    who knows.... what does everyone else think?

8. Buzzz

Buzzz Jedi Youngling

Jun 25, 2005
    All these hiccups is what happens when there are too many people working on the same project. ANd this one has been going on for a loooooooong time. Since I was in pigtails actually. [face_batting] I think movie mistakes are fun to look for and catch. :D

Incidently two of the most glaring errors are in The Color Purple and Spiderman 2. Actually there is supposed to be one at the end of ANH where Luke returns to the rebel base after blowing up the death star, and yell's "Carrie" instead of Leia. hehehe [face_devil]

yeah I think the original concept was for Padme to live long enough for her to deliver Leia to ALderaan herself, while Luke was taken from birth by Ob1 to Tatooine. But that idea was abandoned by the writers of the 2nd trilogy. [face_beatup]

9. DINVADER_RETURNS

DINVADER_RETURNS Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 10, 2003
    Hamill did not yell "Carrie" that was debunked long ago.

10. wookiewar69696969

wookiewar69696969 Jedi Youngling

Jul 4, 2005
    About the Liea remembering her mother thing, could Liea have made a force bond with Ani while she was still inside padme, and maby she was simply having his memories. Or she could have been talking about her other mother.

11. Xintorz

Xintorz Jedi Youngling

Jul 4, 2005
    At the very beginning of the movie, you can cleary see that the sun is rising at the side of the planet where the battle goes on, but, when Anakin, Obi-Wan and the Chancellor are about to crash on the surface with The Invisible Hand, you can see that the sun in there already.

12. Jedi_Nexus

Jedi_Nexus Jedi Youngling

Dec 26, 2003
    Another movie mistake is when Obi-wan and Anakin are on board the Invisible Hand and they say Anakin: "I sense Dooku." Obiwan: "I sense a trap."

When there is no way that they can sense Dooku. Remember Yoda had said "The darkside clouds everything." He didn't say "Somethings."

13. obiwankoti

obiwankoti Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 16, 2005
    When there is no way that they can sense Dooku. Remember Yoda had said "The darkside clouds everything." He didn't say "Somethings."

Clouds yes, not completely blocks out.I think Anakin can sense Dooku because he has a connection to him , Ala, his chopped off arm.

14. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    That's correct according to the Novel. And by the time of RotS the Dark Side's shroud is coming unravelled. They can now sense the plot to destroy the Jedi. They sense darkness surrounding Palpatine but cannot pinpoint it. They sense the danger inherent in Anakin and Palpatine's joining together but circumstances and war are working against them.

15. Jedi_Nexus

Jedi_Nexus Jedi Youngling

Dec 26, 2003
    Let us not forget that force users can sense each other with out even seeing/hearing each other. Obi-wan and Vader sensed each other when Obi-wan were hiding in the Falcons storage compartment. Neither had reason to suspect the other was a few meer meters away just behind the ships hull.

I wonder why Lucas has so many plot holes with detection. I mean take later when Luke was rescuing Han (from Jabba) he was millions of light years away but Vader and Luke sensed each other only being in the immediate area (when Luke was a passenger aboard the shuttle.)

I wonder why Lucas can?t write a consistent rule of detection. Yoda even tells 9 year old Anakin that "See through you, we can." Um he has been looking at Palpatine for 13 years and he can?t see through him? :confused:

16. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    I don't see where the inconsistency is here. In both instances they only sensed each other when nearby. Vader hadn't felt Obi-wan for years before ANH only to feel his presence when he arrived on board the Death Star. Vader could not sense Luke until his shuttle was passing nearby the Star Destroyer. Where is the plothole?

Anakin was an innocent boy who knew nothing of controlling his powers. Sidious was actively using the Dark Side to mask his presence from the Jedi. Again, where is the inconsistency?

17. Darth-Trepidor

Darth-Trepidor Jedi Youngling star 3

May 10, 2005
    Look closely, lightsabers produce shadows in just about EVERY Star Wars film...
    One in particular is Return of the Jedi after Luke kicks Vader down the stairs, Vader gets back up and carries his saber to the side, look at the floor and you'll see it's shadow.

I would think they'd have a shadow or atleast, like a reflection, some sort of blur...

18. Darth_Demonicus

Darth_Demonicus Jedi Youngling

Jul 4, 2005

The foils are to protect the cockpit against explosions from gunfire on the sides of the ship. They are also used for stability while at combat speeds.

19. Greedo_forever

Greedo_forever Jedi Youngling star 3

May 24, 2005
    What if COunt Dooku WANTED Obi Wan and Anakin to know that he was there? Was he challenging them? Sounds like it to me.

20. MeBeJedi

May 30, 2002
    "When there is no way that they can sense Dooku. Remember Yoda had said "The darkside clouds everything." He didn't say "Somethings."

Force users can allow themselves to be sensed (as Vader sensed Obi-wan on the DS.) The "trap" was getting Anakin up to the tower where Palpatine was being held. What better way than to allow Dooku to be sensed there. No wonder they sensed it to be a trap, since Dooku would normally be shielding his presence.

"The foils are to protect the cockpit against explosions from gunfire on the sides of the ship."

Debateable.

"They are also used for stability while at combat speeds."

In space? LOL!

Regardless, it's obviously a homage to OT Tie Fighters. I just found the circumstances to be funny,

21. Mace_Windolene

Mace_Windolene Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 16, 2005
    The biggest mistake (and this applies to all the films) was LETTING LUCAS HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH IT once he had sold the idea to the producers.

22. voodoopuuduu

voodoopuuduu Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 22, 2004
    Dunno if this has been posted but, why the heck didn't Obi just use the Force to push the buzz droids away from his fighter?

If he did that, he would have force pushed his cockpit off. Not a good idea in space. :p ROTS has a lot less movie mistakes than War of the Worlds, for example.

23. SSIntimidator

SSIntimidator Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    The S foils were on the ARC ships, not the Jedi fighters.

24. SSIntimidator

SSIntimidator Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    Said that every time I've seen it.

I'm more cuious how and why the shield control for the Invisible Hand hangar was OUTSIDE the hangar.

25. DUGGY

DUGGY Jedi Youngling star 4

Apr 23, 2005
    The biggest mistake (and this applies to all the films) was LETTING LUCAS HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH IT once he had sold the idea to the producers.

sold the ideas to the Producers?. :confused: dude, he is the boss!, what he say's goes.He does not have to sell anything to anybody.if you think Lucas having anything to do with the movies(all of them) outside of the concept, is a mistake. i have one question for you. What are you doing here fool?. you obviously don't know what you are talking about. Lucas is StarWars , and if you like anything about it. then you can't deny GL. geez!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.