main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Movie Mistakes in Episode III

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by Master_Plagueis, May 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThePriminister05

ThePriminister05 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 28, 2005
    I'm not complaining, but it seems like alot of people have a hard time figuring out the exact years that take place between each movie, here it goes:

The Phantom Menace
    10 Year Gap
    Attack of the Clones
    3 Year Gap
    Revenge of the Sith
    19 Year Gap
    A New Hope
    3 Year Gap
    The Empire Strikes Back
    Less than a Year Gap
    Return of the Jedi

2. prefontaine

prefontaine Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 6, 2005
    "During the lightsaber battle when Anakin and Obi-Wan fight Count Dooku, you can see the shadow of Obi-Wan's prop lightsaber when he is knocked backwards by Dooku. The blade of a lightsaber shouldn't cast a shadow."

This happens in ROTJ as well. If you look closely Vader's saber casts a shadow on the floor after he's been kicked down the stairs by Luke. I always thought that a lightsaber shouldn't cast a shadow either...

Edit: I see I'm not the only one who caught this...

3. Mace_Windolene

Mace_Windolene Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 16, 2005
    So he didn't write the script for the PT?

I doubt that I am alone in thinking that if pretty much anyone else had written RoTS, it would probably have been the greatest film ever. Try reading the novelisation by Matt Stover. Even though he had to follow Lucas' story, it's leaps and bounds better than what was committed to film.

Is it any wonder that pretty much everyone considers ESB to be the best film? BECAUSE LUCAS HAD THE LEAST INFLUENCE ON IT.

4. DUGGY

DUGGY Jedi Youngling star 4

Apr 23, 2005
    So he didn't write the script for the PT?

I doubt that I am alone in thinking that if pretty much anyone else had written RoTS, it would probably have been the greatest film ever. Try reading the novelisation by Matt Stover. Even though he had to follow Lucas' story, it's leaps and bounds better than what was committed to film.

Is it any wonder that pretty much everyone considers ESB to be the best film? BECAUSE LUCAS HAD THE LEAST INFLUENCE ON IT.

Firstly , you can do a lot more with a novel than a screenplay. and the novel was the worst of the PT novels, IMO.

Of course Empire is the Best, but what really cheeses me , is that even though TPM, and Clones had not lived up to a lot of so called SW fans expectations, they trash him for it.so when he actually makes a really good SW movie(SITH). you won't even give him the credit he deserves. I am tired of people saying the PT is so bad. if you really understood SW at all , you could see that. too many people just want a complete rehashing of the same old thing. And in case you still have not realized it there are flaws in every single SW movie. INCLUDING EMPIRE.

I want to know why do you come to the Revenge forums?. Go hang out in the OT forums if this is so bad.

lucky for you, you are not alone in your thinking, as far as SW fans go though, you are still a very very small minority .

5. DINVADER99

DINVADER99 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 2, 2004
    Lucas had the power to do anything he want to with ESB, he was the man who approved everything. He could have said yes or no to anything he wanted.

6. darthOB1

darthOB1 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 22, 2000
    This happens in ROTJ as well. If you look closely Vader's saber casts a shadow on the floor after he's been kicked down the stairs by Luke. I always thought that a lightsaber shouldn't cast a shadow either...

Maybe you should take two lamps and run an experiment to see if a lit light bulb can cast a shadow!

Try using a 25W and a 100W light bulb!

7. Mace_Windolene

Jun 16, 2005

8. Darth-Varr

Darth-Varr Jedi Youngling

Jul 5, 2005
    When Anakin takes out his lightsaber and puts it to Palpatine?s back there is a little problem. When Palpatine turns around the lightsaber goes through his shoulder. =D

9. Mace_Windolene

Jun 16, 2005
    Why is it that whenever someone has their opponent at their mercy in a duel, with their lightsaber within inches of their opponent, they have to draw their saber back behind their head to take the mightiest swing possible to kill the opponent, thus allowing the opponent's alli to conveniently step in and save them?

Surely the sensible thing to do would be a quick stab to the vitals. It's not as if they are wearing cortosis armour...

10. Boba_Fett_00

Boba_Fett_00 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 18, 2002
    In the scene where Obi-Wan's leaving on his mission to search for the separatists and saying goodbye to Anakin, the ship he's boarding isn't there until he makes the final turn to leave, and suddenly its docked there with ramp down for him to board.

:D

11. SSIntimidator

SSIntimidator Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    EXACTLY!!!!!!! Don't hand me the line that people can sense each other and Dooku, and Vader, etc. but NOBODY was able to sense Palpatine? Give me a friggin break.

12. SSIntimidator

Jul 24, 2003
    The novel is hardly leaps and bounds above the film. Sure it starts out strong but midway through it becomes boring, tired and RUSHED.

13. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    No offense to you personally, but that is one of the biggest and most outrageous Basher myths the internet has perpetrated. Lucas had everything to do with everything that was good and bad about Empire just like the other films in the saga. He wrote the story. Yoda, Hoth, Cloud City, Bounty Hunters, "I am your father" were all his.

Again, this is not directed at you, but I am sick to death of the lengths at which some people will go (to actually try and re-write history) in order to take any credit away from Lucas simply because they didn't like that Greedo shot first, or Jarjar stepping in poop. There are much better ways to spend one's time.

14. Mace_Windolene

Jun 16, 2005
    Probably my biggest gripe with ROTS is that the whole film is rushed. Even Lucas has admitted that he had too much to cram into 2 hours 20 minutes. I think all it needed was an extra hour but he refuses to make films that are any longer.

Who among you were like me in dying to see Vader massacre all the Jedi, as promised? Instead we get a 2 second clip of him scaring children and fighting the skeleton crew of Jedi left in the Temple. Almost every decent Jedi was away from Coroscant leading the war effort so they get picked off by the clones. (I have to admit though that the execution of Order 66 was the best part of the film, from a direction standpoint.)

15. Darth_Leeda

Darth_Leeda Jedi Master star 3

Nov 8, 2002
    Someone earlier asked: ...so, In ESB, Obi-Wan dosn't seem to know that Leia is Luke's sister yet he had seen her be born.

"That Boy was our last chance."

How can you forget about Leia so easily?

Then someone else replied:
    Obi Wan did not know that Lei was force sensitive that is all...

Leia, not force sensitive?!! She is the off-spring of the most powerful force being of all time, ANAKIN!! How could she not be force sensitive?! Obi-Wan would have to be a complete IDIOT to discard Leia's force prone situation.

IMHO, GL originally intended for Obi-Wan to learn about Leia through Yoda in TESB. That's exactly why Obi-Wan respondes the way he does in TESB, because he is obviously unware that she is Luke's sister. However, GL chose to disregard his former plot point and now that Obi-Wan did know about Leia, he seems like either and idiot or must think that female Jedi, even the offspring of the prophecy, are useless. BOTTOM LINE: Yoda would never had said "NO, there IS another" if Obi-Wan had known about Leia. No if ands or buts. He wouldn't have said it that way if Ben knew about her.

I realize in ROTJ Obi-Wan says to Luke, you were our last hope and tells him about Leia who was also hidden, to kind of leave it ambiguous. Regardless, it is the way it is. Maybe GL will delete that scene from TESB. IMO the OT now needs a major makeover to fit well with the PT.

Three things sum up all the problems with the saga (and GL's style, at least for Star Wars): AMBIGUITY, VAGUENESS, and "A Certain Point of View" - albeit, however absurd or ridiculous the interpretation must be for it to "work".

-DL

16. DA-HOTH-SYSTA

DA-HOTH-SYSTA Jedi Youngling

Jun 26, 2005
    - he also said, he could save others, but himself he could not save.

17. KitFistoismyHero

KitFistoismyHero Jedi Youngling

Jun 26, 2005
    All the errors people are pointing out are with continuity, lightsaber changing hands type of thing. I've been excited about watching all six in one sitting ever since they announced the third movie. Btu now i'm beginning to imagine sitting there wincing away at the many impossibilities of the storyline. Not that I'm any less resolved to carry out my movie marathon.

18. Darth_Turkey

Darth_Turkey Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 5, 2004
    Leia, not force sensitive?!! She is the off-spring of the most powerful force being of all time, ANAKIN!! How could she not be force sensitive?! Obi-Wan would have to be a complete IDIOT to discard Leia's force prone situation.

I think the point of the scene where obi-wan says "that boy is our last hope"

and yoda says "no, there is another"

Is becasue obi-wan is worried he's goin to lose luke to the darkside and then there will be no one trained in the force, no other jedi to save them. But yoda knows leia will one day learn to use her abilities and could become a jedi. Obi-wan is "writing leia off" in a way and seeing that is would be too late to train her, should luke be killed or turned. But yoda does'nt think like this and knows her potential is as great as lukes.

19. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    Well, after all those years watching over the boy, Luke had to be clearly Obi-Wan's favourite.

20. SSIntimidator

Jul 24, 2003
    That's the problem. It shouldn't have to be that way, Lucas should have sat down and watched all three films before writing the PT. You need to write the PT around the OT, not the other way.

21. SSIntimidator

Jul 24, 2003
    Take out the pathetic love scenes and it's a great SW film. Those scenes made it drag on to me. I do think it was a little rushed once Order 66 was instituted but what saves it for me is the battle and creation of suited Vader. In the novel the dude writes the entire Vader/Obi-Wan fight in like two pages. He makes it sound like it took 5 minutes, Vader lost, buh bye.

We might see deleted scenes of Vader in the temple, but he never went on a killing spree once he was suited, the Jedi would have had a field day with him -- unless he had his clones with him to cut them all down.

22. JediOnion

JediOnion Jedi Youngling

Jul 7, 2005
    THE ANCIENT JEDI

170,000 years ago, in the Vordarian Beltway Galaxy, 850 trillion light years from our Milky Way Galaxy, a saga began. The Sith were discovered on their home world, Korriban, by the millennia old Galactic Republic. (This was about 75,000 years after the formation of the Galactic Republic under the first Supreme Chancellor, Merk Quanto.) The Sith were a primitive species, but had a powerful secret form of magic and religion. They had existed peacefully for centuries, undiscovered. Unfortunately, it was shortly after their discovery and the founding of the Jedi Order that an imbalance was created.

Kaja Sinis was a Civian born on Coruscant 25,000 years before The Phantom Menace. He was the first Jedi and founder of the Order of Jedi Bendu Knights. The term Jedi meant ?light bringer? in the Civian language. Sinis created the techniques allowing one to use the Force. He discovered two sides of the Force, the good side (called ?Ashla? in Civian) and the dark side (called ?Bogan? in Civian). In the early years, it was the duty of a Jedi to study both the Ashla and the Bogan, but serve the Ashla or good side.

His first student or padawan was Shintor Beerus, a Twi?lek Sinis discovered on the planet Nefarion. The Jedi Academy on Coruscant grew large under the two and eventually the Civian home world, Ophuchi, was transformed into the Jedi stronghold. Kaja Sinis, aided by the Jedi scientist, Cobar Jacash, created the first light saber, as well as the first Jedi Holocron, a small hand-held cube which contained Jedi history. Cobar Jacash was a Bomewright from Sullest. Future Jedi light saber scientists tended to be Bomewrights as well.

Kaja Sinis built his light saber by finding a crystal on a secret planet to create the blade of light. Every Jedi followed in this path. They went to this secret planet and had to find either a green, blue or purple crystal in order to create their light saber. Whether this secret planet is identical with Vronioc, the most Force-sensitive planet in the Galaxy, of the Jedi stronghold planet, Ophuchi, is not known. After finding their crystal, Jedi constructed their own light sabers, often with the assistance of a Bomerwright Jedi scientist.

After training Beerus, Sinis trained many padawans, including Oton Grent, Issius Pallon, Quotar Forsh and Whel Baroc. Beerus trained many padawans as well, including Xis Latos, Don Votal, Eegis Plati and Yag Malore. The Jedi supported the Peace established by the Republic. Sadly, in Sinis? lifetime, the Dark Jedi were created by a rogue Jedi named Zooti Frugan. Dark Jedi could act as free agents, choosing any color of light saber they could create and even training themselves without a master. These Dark Jedi studied both sides of the Force, but emphasized the dark side or the Bogan. With the rebellion of Zooti Froogan and others, the Jedi Council under Kaja Sinis saw that an imbalance had been created, so the practice of studying the dark side was disbanded. Nonetheless, the Dark Jedi were already flourishing.

The Sith were conquered by Dark Jedi who adopted their form of magic in Sinis? lifetime. These Jedi called themselves Sith Lords. The first known Sith Lord of recorded history was Darth Scarz. In imitation of the Jedi Holocron, the Sith made their own holocron, the Sith Holocron. The tension between the two sides eventually came to a head at the Battle of Omicras, the first major conflict between the Sith and Jedi. Nonetheless, the Sith Lords remained and continued to grow the Sith Order including non-Sith species in their Order, as one Sith Dynasty succeeded another.

Kaja Sinis slew 3 Sith Lords and 17 Dark Jedi in his life due to their attacks on the Jedi. The 3 Sith Lords were Darth Mirage, Darth Sinistar and Darth Horrar. The 17 Dark Jedi were discovered and slain in the Dungstaka Uprising on the planet Natisular. Kaja Sinis was eventually assassinated at the ripe age of 187 under the orders of Prince Ganchok Krancore of Utarius, by a bounty hunter named Harbontin Dumis. Dumis slew Sinis by means of a fireball explosion

23. JediOnion

JediOnion Jedi Youngling

Jul 7, 2005
    Well that should tell you who ordered the clone eh? Soz if this is the wrong place to post the message. Just saw a person who said we never found out who ordered the clones

24. l33tn00b

l33tn00b Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 1, 2005

mace quote: The dark side surrounds the chancellor...

25. QuiGonHrafn

QuiGonHrafn Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 25, 2002

I totally disagree with this. To begin with ROTS IS THE GREATEST FILM EVER MADE. Secondly, the script for SITH was the greatest of any scripts in a SW film - Empire included. I personally always thought HOPE had the best script until now (written 100% by Lucas although he obviously had help through the years, especially as I understand it from Francis Ford Coppola) and I have come to the conclusion that his best scripts is when he does it alone. CLONES's script was the worst of the prequels (not that I'm saying it was poor - just worst) and there he had Hales' help. And I did try reading the novel by Matt Stover and was not impressed. It is in no way better and at times I thought to myself, thank God Lucas wrote the script but not this guy. I agree with the poster who said that at one time in the novel, it gets boring. And why spend close to 200 pages on the Dooku chapter. We're close to halfway through the novel when that chapter ends in the novel unlike the film which is just starting. I am not saying Lucas is the greatest screenwriter in Hollywood and he will never write Academy Award winning scripts but he is a lot better writer than people (and himself) give him credit. I prefer Lucas to Stover anyday and the SW screenplay are much better than those of Spider-Man and other such blockbusters.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.