main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Movie Mistakes in Episode III

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by Master_Plagueis, May 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Bord

Darth_Bord Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2005
    How did Obi-Wan know where Owen and Beru lived to deliver the baby-Luke. He never even met these people! (And recall Anakin happened to find Watto by accident in order to find out where they lived in AOTC. Obi-Wan didn't even meet Watto.)

Re: " Also, In ESB, Obi-Wan dosn't seem to know that Leia is Luke's sister yet he had seen her be born."

Good point. Shows us all that we know more about his movies than GL himself does....hehehe.

It should have been Yoda that hid them. Heck, she should never have given birth at a hospital. Imagine what Yoda and Obi-Wan would have to go though to hide the info, destroying medical records, killing anyone who witnessed the birth.

Re: "And where did Palpatine get the new lightsaber for his fight with Yoda?"

GL cut out the scene where Palps tells Anakin "...oh by the way Lord Vader, before you head to the Jedi temple, please drop by the base of this building and retrieve my lightsabre." :)

Re: "...Luke asks Leia if she remembers her real mother...."

She says she only remembers images and feelings so it's prob just the force giving her visions of the past.

Re: Owen doesn't recognize the droids.

They're droids, I think there's many that look the same in the Universe so Owen/Beru probably seen many like them.

2. eatmyyoda7

eatmyyoda7 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 2, 2005
    dont think this was mentioned but there was a minor editing error involving mace and sids. a close up of mace has him edge towards the cornered palpatine. then it cuts to a view behind anakin who is just entering the room. at this point mace is still halfway to sids and is still moving towards him. nothing major.

i also had a question on if sids lighsaber fell out the window how did he get it back. extras???

3. jagaruga

jagaruga Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2005
    when my wife delivered our kid, the bump wasn't gone right away. it took her a few days to gt rid of it.

4. RaptorRage

RaptorRage Jedi Master star 4

Nov 17, 2001
    Padme dies in childbirth. It's not like she had any time to get back her AOTC six-pack for her own funeral...

5. Magic_Al

Magic_Al Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 18, 2003
    Padme's body was intentionally made to look pregnant, to make it appear no children survived.

223 (171) INT. ALDERAAN CRUISER?CONFERENCE ROOM
    [i]BAIL ORGANA, YODA and OBI-WAN sit around a conference table.[/i]

YODA: Pregnant, she must still appear. Hidden, safe, the children must be kept.
    OBI-WAN: We must take them somewhere the Sith will not sense their presence.
    YODA: Split up, they should be.
    BAIL ORGANA: My wife and I will take the girl. We've always talked of adopting a baby girl. She will be loved by us.[/blockquote]

6. Hawk1245

Hawk1245 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 10, 2004
    QUOTE: "In lEia's eyes, her adobptive mother WAS her mother"

SIGH! Luke asks Leai "Do you remember your mother? Your REAL mother?" implying that both he and Leai know that Leai was adopted. Besides, ONCE again having it be her adopted mother is COMPELTLEY STUPID! If that were the case, then the scene wouldn't ahve been there on the 2004 DVD! It would have no impact what-so-ever! There is no way it is her adoptive mother,why would they emphasive her being sad?

7. Huttsler

Huttsler Jedi Youngling star 1

May 14, 2005
    And I'm sure they padded her clothing out to make sure it looked like she was still pregnant. I think there's a line in the movie(can't remember..) or at least in the book where Yoda or someone else says that Padme must still appear pregnant.

8. WOMPA

WOMPA Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2005
    It was mistake. There is no way Leia could had remember Padmé (Force or no Force). When Leia said that she died "when I was very young" is talking about a personal experience of a young child, NOT OF A NEWBORN BABY!!!

Lucas could had fixed this in a better way, but he didn't. It is a big mistake IMO.

Another mistake are the droids: C3PO & R2D2. Ok, they erased their memory banks, but what about...Obi Wan's memory of them? or Vader's memory of them? or even Yoda's memory of R2D2?

9. Huttsler

Huttsler Jedi Youngling star 1

May 14, 2005
    Well, its possible that Obi Wan and Yoda /do/ remember the droids, but are keeping it to themselves. If Ben or Yoda had said that they remembered either of the droids, it would've led to tons of questions neither of them would've wanted to answer. And I don't recall Vader ever coming into contact with either Threepio or Artoo.

Its also possible that, over the years, Obi and Yoda just plain forgot. There are thousands of 3PO and R2 droids in the galaxy, and they usually look alike.

And they only wiped Threepio's memory. Unless it happens to Artoo between Ep3 and Ep4, he still has all of the knowledge he got from Ep1 and 2.

10. Magic_Al

Magic_Al Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 18, 2003
    Another mistake are the droids: C3PO & R2D2. Ok, they erased their memory banks, but what about...Obi Wan's memory of them? or Vader's memory of them? or even Yoda's memory of R2D2?

I can't think of anything any of those characters would have done differently if they're supposed to remember the droids in the OT or not. Given that droids are treated like objects and especially since all of these characters have more important things on their minds, there's no need for them to acknowledge the droids.

Alec Guinness, being an actor who wants you to think there's something going on in his character's head, performs every line as though he's thinking something else at the same time he speaks. He gives a layered performance with some ambiguity to it, so the audience knowing he knows Artoo doesn't really cause a problem. Lines like, "let's see if we can find out what you are, and where you come from," can be taken as being a performance for Luke's benefit, just like telling Luke a story about his father being murdered. Think about it: Obi-Wan can't tell Luke he knows Artoo without opening a big can of worms.

Yoda is playful with Artoo. Given Yoda's age and detachment there is little reason to think he'd comment on any memory of Artoo. Like Obi-Wan, Yoda can't say anything in front of Luke about knowing Artoo without getting into details of the past that are to be hidden from Luke at that time. There is one scene in ESB when Yoda and Artoo are alone together, when Luke is in the tree cave, and Artoo says something and Yoda grunts. More may have been said off camera, or not.

Vader may remember Threepio. He certainly wouldn't say anything about it. Anakin wasn't sentimental about Threepio even as a boy. To himself Vader might think encountering relics of his past is to be expected on a search for his son.

11. poddy

poddy Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2005
    it is a major flaw in all films of the series

point: sound is a longitudinal pressure wave and does not travel in free space (or vacum)
    so when another space craft "wizz"s past you you should not be hearing the wizzz in free space (since no atmosphere or medium for sound to travel)
    you would be able to hear only the audio on comm set and your own engine hum and not the other guy who just crossed your wind-sheild (for lack of better word)

12. chinoloco99

chinoloco99 Jedi Youngling

May 5, 2005
    \ Another mistake are the droids: C3PO & R2D2. Ok, they erased their memory banks, but what about...Obi Wan's memory of them? or Vader's memory of them? or even Yoda's memory of R2D2?

The droids things keeps on coming up and up and the answers are all the same:

For the last time:

Owen/3PO
    3PO leaves tatooine as gray, comes back in gold. Owen doesn't want R2D2. He recognize r2-D2 right away!Clearly states "NO, NOT THAT ONE!". He has no choice as the r5 unit blows up with a bad motivator!
    Once R2 mentions obi-wan kenobi, owen recognizes the 3PO as well and tells luke to get their memories wiped. Owen: "Those droids belong to us now, go have their memories wiped, there will be no more talk about this obi-wan character. Luke: "what if ob1 comes looking for them?" Owen, " I think he is dead, died about the same time as your father." Owen is delibrately lying to hide the truth about the droids. FOR THE LAST TIME, HE RECOGNIZES THE DROIDS!

obi-wan/r2-d2
    Watch ANH again please on the DVD.
    OB1: "Hello there, come here my little friend" with a big smile. R2D2 comes towards him. They recognize each other. OB1 says " I don't remember ever owning any droids." this is true. he never did "Own" any droids. remember, R2D2 says he is the "Property of a Obi-wan Kenobi." OB1 says "he doesn't ever remembering owning any droids" to hide the truth behind the droids history as once belonging to luke's father as ob1 also knows 3PO memory is wiped. Leia calls her self Organa. Everything matches from ROTS.

Yoda's memory of R2D2?
    Yoda is testing Luke's patience. R2D2 might have know this plan all along as part of the training and was playing along. Also, R2 is protecting his new master's (luke) property and food. Yoda's behavior on Tantive I and degobah are very different in character and r2d2 needs to have his guard up just in case. Remember, R2D2 is very loyal to the padme and her lineage. Also, r2d2 is always with anakin when he was still a jedi. Its not like he spent much time in the jedi council or the padawan's learning class or in the Jedi Briefing room. Its not like Yoda and R2D2 had this great deep relationship. Also, R2D2 doesn't get his memory wiped because he can be trusted to keep a secret unlike 3PO. Witness Ep6 and Jabba's scene. r2d2 never lets 3PO know about the plan to give the droids to jabba and never tells 3PO about the plans to rescue han and that r2d2 has a lightsaber inside him. Thats why R2D2 chuckles at the end of ROTS. R2D2 is also good at keep on task with elaborate plans. r2d2 knows about Leia's history. Thats why r2d2 is so excited about finding the princess on the death star. Remember, at this time in the movie, even though leia fed r2 the plans, he still belongs to capt. antilles. (Not Wedge)
    r2: "beep beep"
    3PO: " He keeps on saying I found her, I found her and that she is here, she is here!"

As far as Vader is concerned:
    He is so full of hate, he doesn't care about anything that doesn't allow him to rule the galaxy. What are some stupid droids when you have a whole fleet of droids and troops to command while you are biding your time for galatic conquest?

13. frankneck

frankneck Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2005
    My love for Master Replicas lightsabers had me looking very closely at them throughout the movie. I noticed somewhat early in the film, I forgot which scene, but Mace has a silver lightsaber hanging from his belt but in every other scene in episodes II and III he has a gold lightsaber. Mace also has a silver saber hanging from his belt when they show him at the ending of episode I on Naboo. I guess the mistake in TPM is that they hadn't yet let Sam Jackson choose his lightsaber design but the mistake in ROTS is very weird. Anyone else notice this?

14. starbuck_555

starbuck_555 Jedi Youngling

Apr 9, 2005
    "It was mistake. There is no way Leia could had remember Padmé (Force or no Force). When Leia said that she died "when I was very young" is talking about a personal experience of a young child, NOT OF A NEWBORN BABY!!!"

so why is it that people easily accept that Luke and Annakin can use the force to see the future but Leia's gift wouldn't be the ability to see the past? If she didn't realize she had force powers then she would probably think it was a memory. I frankly don't see any mistake.

15. StarDude

StarDude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 28, 2001
    Leia says she remembers images of her mother in order to imply that she is Force sensitive. But it raises the question as to why Luke doesn't remember. Perhaps, being so far away from the civilized world in which his mother and his sister lived in, he shared no connection.

16. Tricky

Tricky Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    Question!!!!!

Do the Jedi always record what is going on in Palpatine's office?

I know the script & novels explain that Palpatine was recording his confrontation against Mace & the posse right up until he drew his own lightsaber so that he could show it to the senate as evidence of a Jedi uprising, but what is the general audience supposed to think if all they know is the film?

Is this a mistake?

17. starbuck_555

starbuck_555 Jedi Youngling

Apr 9, 2005
    Leia says she remembers images of her mother in order to imply that she is Force sensitive. But it raises the question as to why Luke doesn't remember. Perhaps, being so far away from the civilized world in which his mother and his sister lived in, he shared no connection.

Is there any evidence that Luke has the abiblity to see the past? I can't remember any. I think it's as simple as, Luke can see the future, Leia can see the past. She doesn't know that she is potentially one of the most powerful Jedi in history, therefore dismisses these "feelings and images" as memory.

18. Heinee87

Heinee87 Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2005
    -The dead Buzz droid 'blows' off Anakin's ship as though there were air resistence.
    -When the elevator suddenly stops and they cut IMMEDIATELY to Anakin and Obi-Wan, they should hit the ceiling or at least pop off the ground...
    -Does Grevious's ship use Courscant's gravity?
    -Anakin tells Padme he's found a way to save her before joining Palpatine. Did he think he could use the dark side with no concequences?
    -Not a mistake, but there was nowhere else to post: When the transport lands at the senate building after they land Grevious's Ship, the MILLENIUM FALCON flies by on the bottom right hand corner of the screen!

19. loseyourname

loseyourname Jedi Youngling

May 23, 2005
    Thought I'd answer several of the concerns about the initial battle scene by pointing out that the battle took place in the upper reaches of the Coruscant atmosphere. That was why there was sustained fire on some of the ships, air resistance, and such. About the Invisible Hand, Grievous mentions that the gravity stabilizers were damaged in the fighting.

20. Master_Liberius

Master_Liberius Jedi Youngling

May 23, 2005
    I can't believe no-one has noticed this HUGE mistake.

I think I'm correct here...

When the fate of Luke and Leia is being decided by Yoda, Bail and Ben, Yoda says that the children must go where the Sith can't sense them.

Ok, Leia goes with Bail to Alderaan, fine, good choice, but Yoda says that Luke should go to his family on Tatooine.

In AOTC Anakin and Padme travel to the Lars homestead on Tatooine to find Anakin's mother. Therefore, Anakin, that is: DARTH VADER!!, knows about his only surviving family, his half-brother Owen, Owen's wife Beru and his stepfather (name forgotten, who played Owen in ANH).

If the Sith were going to look anywhere for children, it'd be right there on Tatooine at chez Lars.

Surely? Have I missed something?

ML

21. Sith_Hits_The_Fan

Sith_Hits_The_Fan Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 25, 2003
    chinoloco,

I can promise you that WASN'T the last time.

22. Ferand_Boz

Ferand_Boz Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2005

I dont understand why obi wan, anakin and palpatine dont die during the scene where grevious knocks out the window and they almost get sucked out.

How are they able to breathe??

23. AUNTIE_JEDI

AUNTIE_JEDI Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    During Padme's funeral she still has a baby belly.

Have you ever seen a woman who has just given birth? The belly gets smaller but it still exists. It takes some time before it disappeares completely.

What irritates me a bit is that despite of just having a huge duel in an extremely hot surroundings Obi-Wan looks fresh and his hair is in fit when he carries Padmé to Tantive IV. Only his clothes are ragged. I wonder did he have time to take quick shower and use blow-dryer? [face_thinking]

24. Darth_F52

Darth_F52 Jedi Youngling

May 11, 2004
    Here are mine.

1)Tarkin looks exactly the way he looks after 20 years in A New Hope.

2)About Padmes bump in the funeral.I assume that it stands biologically because she had the babies before their time.Its silly to say that they did it to distract Vader and Palpatine.

3)Again all the other Jedi look 1000 times worse than our heroes.Even if Sidious and Mace are THE MASTERS, it didnt seem nice for Jedi Masters dying in few seconds.And Sidious' strike to Agen Kollar (i think he was the first guy killed) wasnt that fast......

4)Suddenly we watch Ani and Obi go and fight in a pile where they could hardly keep their balance.Just because Ani MUST fall in the lava it doesnt mean we have to do it look silly.Again things happened because they had to and didnt fit with the flow of the fight.(Also see Vader kneeling before Luke without reason,Anakin saying 'Oh please mister Dooku!Cut my hand!'etc...)

5)Who could survive such burns?I start to think that the whole lava story didnt fit that much.And GL can be accused of copying LOTR.

6)Force Push shouldnt be easier to deflect than lightning?Even if it comes from Yoda...They made dramatic moments look funny!

7)In Utapau,after Grievous tells the TF leaders to go to Mustafar, Obi makes his appeareance and shortly after the clones come.How could the leaders pass through the Republic spaceships?

8)Again many cut body parts.It ended up ridiculous.What is it?The Saga of cut hands?Qui Gon's death and generally thE Ep1 fight was the most realistic of all i think.

9)Palpatin sounded like Mr Bean or Jar Jar when saying 'I'm weak,I'm weak!' during the fight with Mace.And he also had some ridiculous expressions in his face while fighting.That made his character look less serious than it is.

10)Lost her will for life?How can that happen?Pain can harm you psychologically and live less but it doesnt go like 'Damn.I lost it.Lets die know.'.You either survive a choke or not.It's not an injury from lightsaber or gun.

11)WORST LINE IN THE MOVIE:'Oh dear...'.Wake up GL!It's a droid!

12)Super Battledroids saying 'Oughgh'?They are machines after all.They cant feel pain.

13)The beast that Obi rides in Utapau is as fast as a speeder?Hmmmmmmm.......Strange.....

Thats all i can remember now....

25. jdijade

jdijade Jedi Youngling star 2

May 23, 2005
    <<On Utapau when Grievous splits his arms he gets the four lightsabers from around his waist, even though he actually keeps them in pockets in his cape. >>

Not only that, but two of the sabers appear identical to Obi-Wan's and Anakin's, though they used the force to get them back from Grievous during the opening battle. Since lightsabers are supposed to be unique and different for each Jedi, where did he come up with duplicates?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.