main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Movie Mistakes in Episode III

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by Master_Plagueis, May 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AJ_Nejedi

AJ_Nejedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 10, 2005
    All right i'm sorry, but this is not a mistake.

Obi Wan refers to Palpatine as the Emperor after he sees the hologram of Palps talking about the Empire. He just pieced things together for himself.

Geez all you people, complain, complain, complain.

Think about this for a moment, you never satisfied posters. If GL ever had plans of making EP 7,8,9 (which he isn't i know, but if he did), do you really think he would if just took a look at these boards and realized how many people were just ritualistically, viciously ripping the movie apart?

After reading all the posts of people on these boards, i'm actually embarassed to be a member here, even though you'll all just call me a newbie anyway.

2. NRDigital

NRDigital Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2000
    "That boy was our last hope."
    "No, there is another."

Did Obi-Wan forget that he was in the same room when the twins were born? That's why I think only Luke should have been shown or talked about in RotS.

And on a side note - Was anyone else as disapointed as I am about this film?

3. darthmini

darthmini Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2005

I liked it on general principles but I was very disappointed in how much more this film could have been...it seemed rushed and poorly edited. At least I have the books to read...lets hope Lucas does not ruin the TV series, but I am no longer putting any hope into his questionable abilities...

4. differentname

differentname Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2005
    OK -- one more OT/PT oddity... Why did they take the trouble to hide Luke, but let him keep the last name Skywalker? Wouldn't everyone have known that his father was one of the most famous men of his generation? And wouldn't that have notoriety have alerted many to his presence. Same thing with a Kenobi, for that matter. Unless, as someone else said, Kenobi and Skywalker are names like Smith and Jones...

5. SSIntimidator

SSIntimidator Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    "The whole Leia remembering her mother can be explained like this. She says she remembers images really, feelings...she was sad. She was sad, because her husband, the man she loved had turned to the dark side and esentially killed her. This was infused into Leia from the start because of her ability with the Force. It never actually says how old Leia was when her mother died, but it can only be assumed that due to her mother-daughter tie, she remembers Padme and Luke doesn't."

No chance. A child cannot retain images or memory at that age. Leia NEVER saw her mother but for a brief second, she would have no idea what she looks like period.

6. DINVADER_RETURNS

DINVADER_RETURNS Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 10, 2003
    No chance. A child cannot retain images or memory at that age. Leia NEVER saw her mother but for a brief second, she would have no idea what she looks like period.

This is SW, not our world, you want me to list all the real world can'ts that happen already in SW.

7. SSIntimidator

SSIntimidator Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    "This is SW, not our world, you want me to list all the real world can'ts that happen already in SW."

It doesn't matter if it's SW or not, the same rules apply to all humans when they are born. A NEWBORN BABY has no memory of their parent at all. Especially when they're taken from the mother as soon as they're born.

8. donarumo

donarumo Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 3, 2002
    Two that come to mind, not sure if these have been mentioned are:

When Anakin is burned and lying on the table, he screams but his mout does not move. He may be screaming through a non-moving mouth but it looks a little weird.

Also, when Obi-Wan view the security holigram, I believe the dialog and actions do not match the scene that took place exactly. In the real scene, Palpatine tells Vader to rise and they talk and walk. In the hologram, Palpatine is taking as vader is rising. I thought it looked different anyway.

9. coleridr

coleridr Jedi Youngling

May 23, 2005
    I think Obi-wan just calls Palpatine's rule "The Empire" just a little too fast by the end of the movie and did not make much sense. He should have just said "Palpatine" or Palpatine's rule at that point.

The whole thing with mentioning "democracy" throughout PTs has always seemed a litle off to me. It just seems like such an earthly word and not belonging in a galaxy far, far away. Lucas could have made up a word and make it a synonym of democracy if that is the message that he wanted to convey.

Also, why take Luke to Tatooine to his family? After all, it is Vader's family too and he might have popped-up to visit them some day and discover Luke. If they really wanted to keep him completely secret, that was not a smat choice.

Last thing, it was just not clear enough to me why Yoda chickened out and did not continue to fight Palpatine in the senate building. Was it b/c his robe (w lightsaber got stuck? and lost?) Or he was just too exhausted from repelling all those lightning bolts?

10. morpher-2005

morpher-2005 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2005
    sory 2 interupt but wat does EU stand for?
    i noticed people talking about it alot a few pages back

11. donarumo

donarumo Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 3, 2002
    I think the fall tool a lot out of Yoda. Hitting the senate wall and floor looked like it hurt him. Also, I think he saw the battle as a stale mate at best.

12. Hawk1245

Hawk1245 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 10, 2004
    Sigh! I swear to God! People in real life canot sense exactly where people are when they are about 30 miles away, but Leia did that is ESB! She remembers her motehr via the force! It is mythological storytelling, the idea that motehr and daughter, father and son, and brother and sister all have a special spiritual connection. Anyone who decides to throw logic into a world that relies so heavily on spiritual connections is completley missing the point the the whole Luke/Leai/Mother scene.

"Just images, really. Feelings."
    You can sense people feelings through the force, but you cannot REMEMBER feelings.

"She was very beautiful..."
    Okay, she thoguth she was beautiful.

"Kind..."
    She smiles at Leia

"But...Sad"
    She was bursting in tears in that scene.

Also note that Lucas made a effort to make sure that Lukes eyes were closed and Leias open, because that detail is also mentioned in the novelization.

Also, as for the hologram of the Palpatine/Vader scene, that is a different scene. Palpatine came to visit Vader after rhe masacred the temple to congratulate him.

13. Carnotaur3

Carnotaur3 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 21, 2004
    "3 Jedi Temple massacre is absent. GL should add 5-6 minutes of Anakin killing Jedi and throwing statues on them like in ROTS video game - if he had time on R2 gags... and watch your PG-13 rating go out the window."

It's my belief that GL had a say in the PG-13 rating as well as the PG rating of AOTC. If the MPAA had their way, ROTS would be an R based solely on the burning of Anakin alone. C'mon, when was the last time you saw someone burn like that in a PG-13 movie anyway?

14. evhjim

evhjim Jedi Youngling

May 10, 2005
    All of you people are some nit-picky SOB's! George Lucas's Questionalble ability????? Has ANY other director / writer / producer /etc... ever had the kind of success that GL enjoys??? In six movies, video games, toys, etc.. he has amassed nearly $20 Billion in total revenue. He is in the business of entertainment, not rocket science. He is the best at what he does. If you do not like the story he has written, don't give him your money! This movie was extreamly entertaining, which is ultimatly what GL intended! No one else is coming up with anything original these days! LOTR, credit Tolken. Spider-man, Fantastic 4, War of the Worlds, Batman, The longest yard, all other peoples used ideas! Love it or leave it, GL is an original, spending his own money to produce his own vision of a universe that he created. If you want to be a critic, get a job writing for a newspaper or magazine, because REAL Star Wars fans don't give **** what the critics have to say!

ROTS is a Masterpiece! GL's finest work to date. And that is hard for me to admit, beacuse I am huge fan of the OT!

15. DarthWeenie

DarthWeenie Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 2, 2002
    Mistake:
    A few misnomers here and there. A number, actually. The first to come to mind is Obi Wan: "...send me to kill the Emperor. I will not fight Anikan." Obi calls him "The Emperor?"

As that scene is going on, Palp is in the senate at that very moment declaring the republic an empire. How did Obi know?

16. DarthWeenie

DarthWeenie Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 2, 2002
    Id like to add one thing that is not a mistake necessarily. As far as Leia remembering her mother, I would like to remind you all:

"Through the force, things you will see. The future. The past. Old freinds, long gone."

Im good with that.

17. MrC123

MrC123 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2004
    I don't know if I'm right, but to me, it looked like Padme's parents were smiling at Padme's funeral. Anyway, that's the only "mistake" I thought I saw.

Note: I only saw ROTS once so far :( , so don't take my word for it.

18. Phantom-Iam

Phantom-Iam Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 2002
    DarthWeenie

at the jedi temple when obi wan watches the recording Palpatine tells Anakin to bring peace to the Empire.

19. YYZ-2112

YYZ-2112 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2004
    Only things i would have done differently is Anakin would have had yellow eyes when the mask was lowered. This would have been a nice counter to when his eyes are restored to blue when the mask is removed in ROTJ. And I hated GG's voice.

20. jedi_dragon

jedi_dragon Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2002
    The Other was Vader. He still could and did fulill the prophecy when he turned back to the lightside. He was the first Jedi to ever go down the dark path to ever do so and destropying the emperor and himself ended the reign of the Sith.

21. nextmayor

nextmayor Jedi Youngling

May 23, 2005
    Is the Death Star shown at the end of RotS the First Death Star, or the proto type talked about in the Jedi Search novels?

Just wondering because if it was the first operational Death Star, it seems like a slight continuity error.

22. Lord_BlackAdder

Lord_BlackAdder Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 14, 2003

This is more something which annoys me than a mistake: the super battle droids going "arrgh", as if in pain, during the introductory scene on the Invisible Hand.

They're droids and droids are not supposed to express pain.

23. YYZ-2112

YYZ-2112 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2004
    From Return of the Jedi:

Ben "You were our only hope"

Luke "Yoda spoke of another"

Ben "The other he spoke of is your twin sister...."

24. darthmini

darthmini Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2005
    Ummm....I don?t think anyone would ever go looking for Vader's child since Bail, Yoda and OB1 made everyone think that Padme died in childbirth (or killed by a Jedi, depending on what source you?re using) and of course, the assumption is that the child died too...proven by the riveting dialogue between Anakin and Padme, "uh, Padme you die in child birth." "What about the baby?" "Uh, I don't know..."
    There you have it...Lucas script writing at its very best!

And we are assuming that no one knows who Luke is...from what I see, Luke lived in the in the backwater of Tatooine, and only went into Tashi Station infrequently...I think Uncle Owen was hiding and protecting Luke a lot (keeping him on the farm, ths making Luke resent him a bit), but he was trying to do that in ANH, thus always keeping him on the farm and not letting him apply to the academy...Uncle Owen knew the score, even if Luke didn't.

25. Kill_Off_Jar_Jar

Kill_Off_Jar_Jar Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 7, 2005
    They're droids and droids are not supposed to express pain.

I thought the same thing, but then again there are scenes in ROTJ where droids are being tortured and scream out in pain.

On another note, I've only seen ROTS once but it seemed to me that, once Vader and Obi-Wan jumped out of the lava and on to the bank, the lava was flowing in the opposite direction when they showed Vader below. Could have been my imagination.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.