main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq [Movie] Napolean Dynomite

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by ObeyTheFist, Mar 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ObeyTheFist

ObeyTheFist Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2004
    I thought this movie was going to suck but it is frigging hilarous!

Has anyone else seen it?

2. TK166

TK166 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2004
    Yes! I didn't know what to expect at first, but after thinking about it for a few days, it grew on me...

3. Jaina Byrd

Jaina Byrd Jedi Master star 4

Feb 21, 1999
    Iiiii love technology
    But not as much as you, you see
    But I still love technology
    Always and forever....

(That's from after the credits, an extra part.)

And yes, as a college student, I'm obligated to love it. ;)

4. LadyNaberrie

LadyNaberrie Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    OMG!!!!!!! MY MOVIE! I have Napoleon as a ring tone!

5. Starkiller454

Starkiller454 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 20, 2005
    Haha, i love this movie!! i first saw it last summer and have been waiting ever since to find somebody else who saw it too!!!

"tina, you fat lard, come get some dinner"

6. bobasparxx

bobasparxx Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 9, 2003
    This movie rocked. My kids even loved it. Whats even more funny is when they start talking like Napoleon...gosh.

I highly recomended watching the bonus/deleted scenes.

7. michaelbacca

michaelbacca Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2005
    GOSH. This movie was freakin' hilarious.

8. I-Like-The-Dark-Side

I-Like-The-Dark-Side Jedi Youngling

Nov 10, 2004
    Oh yeah. Awesome movie. And no one better aruge with me, 'cuz I'm the only one here who knows illegal ninja moves from the government.

9. Gecko_Fett

Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
  10. overlord1138

overlord1138 Jedi Youngling

Mar 8, 2005
    Excellent movie. I've watched it several times. And thanks to this movie the phrases "Build me a cake." and "Your mom goes to college." are now in my vocabulary.

"You made me look like a freakin idiot!!" - Napolean

11. LetoQuorme

LetoQuorme Mos Alba FF Chapter Rep star 4

Nov 11, 2001
    I just watched this movie for the first time yesterday. I could actually feel my IQ drop a point for every minute of viewing time.

12. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    Thanks Brian....I have been biting my tongue during this whole post....I really think I have a good/warped sense of humor.....but I do not get the Napoleon hype! The best part of the show was him dancing....other than that....blech! I know it is not my age thing....it just was not funny! Give me Young Frankenstien or Animal House any day of the week over that fodder!

13. SithLordAaron

SithLordAaron Jedi Youngling star 3

May 21, 2002
    I just saw it today. Wish I had that hour and a half back. I did laugh my ass off when he slapped the crap out of his brother and ran away. Also when he did that in the deleted scenes. I finally realized where I'd seen the brother from. He's the nerd from Reno 911! Didn't make the connection till the wedding scene.

14. overlord1138

Mar 8, 2005
    Despite it's popularity I can see how this film isn't for everyone. But I did enjoy this film. I mean, how many people do you know don't like Star Wars?!! I work with people who tell me, "I hate Star Wars."

Personally there are bands and movies that are hugely popular that I just don't get, or can not stand.

For example I don't get the popularity of Lord of the Rings, The Matrix, or Monty Python. I cringe when 94 rock plays that Spam skit. "I don't like spam!!!" Ugh!!

As for music I can not stand Dave Matthews, the Grateful Dead (I couldn't sit through one of there concerts, much less follow them around the country), Metallica (musician wise Megadeth is so much better), and the Eagles. As Jeff Lebowski would say, "Man, I hate the ****** Eagles."

It's all a matter of taste.

15. Starkiller454

Starkiller454 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 20, 2005
    Young Frankenstein is awesome as well!!

"wow, what knockers!!!!"
    "oh, thank you doctor!"

16. Bloodclaw65

Bloodclaw65 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2004
    I'm with Gecko_fett and Silent BOB on that one after I burned it for a friend. I wanted back the time that I wasted. Old school classic's are the best.

17. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    You burned it for Danielle Joe? She thinks I am nuts for not liking it! I found Full Metal Jacket more funny (and its not a funny show) that show....."Me love you long time!" :D

18. overlord1138

Mar 8, 2005
    Well, Full Metal Jacket is a good movie. "God could not miracle you to the top of that obstacle!!"

19. JediMexx

JediMexx Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 31, 2004
    "Seven-six-two millimeter. Full metal jacket."

20. Redgek

Redgek Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 26, 1999
    For some reason, I found Napoleon much funnier on the second viewing. Don't get me wrong, I love Animal House and Mel Brooks stuff, but I don't think it's fair to compare them to ND. Those are tried and true classics. IMHO, ND couldn't possibly live up to those standards, and it isn't meant to. It's a different kind of comedy.

I understand the negative comments on ND, though. I have the same problem with the Shrek franchise. I don't mean to offend the masses that love Shrek & Shrek 2, but I saw these and they're virtually laugh-free. Kinda sad considering the stellar comedic voice talent and loads of source material Dreamworks had access to. Here are my thoughts as I sat through them:

"Okay, I get it. Katzenberg had problems when he worked for Disney, so he's making fun of them now that he's formed Dreamworks. So with that and all the classic fairytale stuff to draw on, why isn't this funnier? Wait, was that a fart joke? Why didn't I laugh? I've never NOT laughed at a fart joke before! What the hell? Damn, none of this **** is funny!"

Okay, rant over. [face_beatup] Maybe we need a thread to bitch and argue about ****ty movies.

21. debeautimous

debeautimous Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2003
    Wow we actually got Redgek to post!! :D

22. Bloodclaw65

Bloodclaw65 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2004
    HI' Little school Girl I'm a school boy too.

These are Great time we are living in Bro's
    We are big Green Gaints with Guns.

If they run they are VC. If they don't run they are well trained VC.

We have tasted our gut's and ready to ask for more.

Those are classics

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.