main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto *** Movie Night - ICE AGE/AotC trailer - March 16th, 2002 ***

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by TragicLad, Mar 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GonkDroid

GonkDroid Jedi Youngling

Oct 28, 2001

"Yes...! Yes...! To TragicLad you listen...!"

I'll see all of you at the Sheppard Centre; I'll be arriving at 3:00pm.

YEEEEEEEE!

2. TragicLad

TragicLad Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    See you there Rob... :)

and as a special treat -should the trailer not be showing- I promise an exclusive, TragicLad re-enactment of the trailer - utilizing only some napkins, a styrofoam cup, and a ten dollar bill.

3. Kenobi2

Kenobi2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Well it seem we aren't the only ones that might be getting screwed with seeing the new trailer. A friend in Rochester NY saw Ice Age yesterday and they played the Breathing Trailer there.

I'm still going. I want to see Ice Age (this ain't no Wing Commander/Meet Joe Black/ Waterboy).

And there's always ET next weekend. - Oh, but they removed the guns in that one - less peril - less frightening - might get a family rating as well!

:p

4. sabre81

sabre81 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 7, 2001
    The trailer won't be playing anywhere in T.O. It was shipped with the prints of Ice Age and would not be shipped with prints destined for Toronto. Any theatre playing the trailer on another movie would face the possibility of losing thier right to play AotC when it is released. Ice Age is a Fox movie just like AotC so that's the only one it may play with for now. It's kind of an incentive to go see Ice Age.

I live in Ottawa and the best part of that is Hull is about 2 minutes across a bridge to Quebec. StarCite Hull is about 10 minutes from downtown Ottawa and they will be playing the AotC trailer in both english and french. Although, I'm not sure when Yoda learned french.

5. TheGrandePoobah

TheGrandePoobah Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    That is unfourtunate news about the trailer, however I still look forward to a perfectly cromulent gathering. I'm sure no matter what we'll have a very fun time... see you all there.

6. avatar

May 27, 1999
    I resent the "have the aim of a Stormtrooper" remark...

TD741 -> posting in disguise. ;)

7. Cristalia

Cristalia Jedi Youngling star 3

May 15, 2000
    Well, we'll still be there, trailer or not. It's been too long since we sat everyone down in one place (which is really what it's all about, IMHO).

Cris~

8. DARTH2-D2

DARTH2-D2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2002
    it was a fun night even with out the trailer, we came, we saw, we ate pizza, we talked, what else could you ask for. And I still think that a door in a restaurant marked ***CAUTION chemical storage area stay out*** is just wrong. :p

9. Darth_Sunder

Darth_Sunder Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 23, 2001
    Would have liked to be there, unfortunately a last minute request to baby sit took its toll.

But I saw Ice-Age regardless.

That part with the acorn at the end...

Classic.

10. DARTH2-D2

Feb 9, 2002
    hey king bob, it was good gunning into you at work. sorry i was so abrupt but the manager turned the corner. wish we had more time to talk. you were two out of thousands of people who passed by my counter. the manager had the nerve to say at 530 pm that the store was staying open till midnight. I had a fit so did my bosses till we got the mess sorted out. never say to a security guard a half hour before he goes home that he has to stay for 6 more hours. no one got hurt this time. lol :)

11. Adam-the-Indifferent

Adam-the-Indifferent Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    This AD-AM unit has a bad motivator, look!

12. DARTH2-D2

Feb 9, 2002
    the D-AN unit has lost his charge and is going to power down. nite

13. Adam-the-Indifferent

Adam-the-Indifferent Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Things seem to have queited down a fair bit since Saturday's gathering.

Everyone still around? Hello?

14. KingBob

KingBob Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 30, 2000
    Hey Dan, good seeing you there too, sorry this took so long, but I been offline for a couple of days. Yeah, work sucks, bosses suck, and you should have clubbed him good, but as long as you didn't you still have a job which gets money which is good.

Greg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.