Evan, IN Movie Night - I'm taking suggestions for September ... I might be able to come down for a weekend

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by Stackpole_The_Hobbit, Apr 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stackpole_The_Hobbit Force Ghost

star 6
    What's this? A serious topic by the creator of the Dishonourable Goat poll? Well, here it is.

) I should be in charge of any potential movie night we do.

Now, there aren't any real good genre flicks coming out until X2, so I figured we could at least get in a few smart-ass remarks if possible. :p

One movie I was thinking of seeing is Bulletproof Monk. Now, if you were with us seeing Daredevil, you know that I laughed aloud when they played the trailer for this Matrix rip-off. But it looks so . . . BAD! that I just have to see it. Maybe I could MST it. (Mystery Science Theater 3000, for those of you not familiar). If anyone else wants to blast this flick for free, mention something at the next meeting on Saturday and I'll try to plan something.

Merci beaucoup!/>
  2. Stackpole_The_Hobbit Force Ghost

star 6
  3. Taelys Jedi Knight

star 1
    No that's not a no (There's some really bad grammer going on in that sentence)

I was actually kind interested in seeing that movie, but MST3K-ing it sounds better than just watching.

Definately bring up that idea at meeting.

Taelys
  4. Lord_Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    Speaking of movies I'm headed to Anger Management if anyone wants to tag along let me know
  5. Stackpole_The_Hobbit Force Ghost

star 6
    heheh. You bet it'll be brought up. :p
  6. WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Master

star 4
    I saw The Matrix Reloaded TV commercial twice last night. I must say it looks pretty good. I am looking forward to it. That will be a good movie night!! Opens on 05/15/03!!

I also saw the preview for The Over The Top Ripoff Movie erm, I mean Bulletproof Monk.

8-}
  7. Stackpole_The_Hobbit Force Ghost

star 6
    Well, it is my sad (not really) duty to inform everyone of my current situation re: movie nights.

Today, I went in to check my hours and possibly switch around because I don't want to work nights anymore. I found myself completely absent from the schedule.

I talked to Aaron the Manager and he informed me that I have officially been sacked. It is because the past four months have been slower than predicted, and (here's my favourite part) they can't afford to pay all these employees. They wanted to keep the older people (understandable) and so I was cut.

This means I'll not be getting a regular supply of free passes, so if we have any actual movie nights, some of you will have to pay your own. Sorry. :p

Adam, I expect a very thorough discussion about this sometime in the near future. :p
  8. Darth_TKD Jedi Master

star 3
    Man, that's a tough break. But never fear, Adam secretly told me that he would pay for everyone's tickets at all future movie nights! The United Methodist Church pays their preachers very well for their weekly hour's worth of work. He'll probably deny having said any of this, but that's just because he's so modest... :D
  9. Stackpole_The_Hobbit Force Ghost

star 6
    Welp, it's official. You're an evil bastage. :p
  10. WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Master

star 4
    "The Matrix Reloaded" is getting rave reviews here at my workplace.

But you know me, I'm spoiler free...

Everyone (who attends) is sure to have a blast this Sat., 5-17-03 at our movie event. Which I believe we still need a time for that.

I'm going to try to catch it soon, I am unfortuately out of town this weekend.
  11. Stackpole_The_Hobbit Force Ghost

star 6
    About that . . .

There is suddenly a possibility that I won't be there. :p If that possibility is confirmed, I'll . . . do something. :p
  12. Darth_TKD Jedi Master

star 3
    I had forgotten that I'm going to be in Terre Haute all day Saturday for a taekwondo seminar. I won't be able to go either. Maybe we should just reschedule?
  13. Stackpole_The_Hobbit Force Ghost

star 6
    Considering the only one there will/may be Adam, yes, maybe that's a good idea :p

I could probably do it next Saturday, but I have a busy schedule that weekend. I'll be free that night, though.

Any objections? Speak before tomorrow night or forever hold your peace :p
  14. Stackpole_The_Hobbit Force Ghost

star 6
    I take it that means we're on for Saturday? :p

Anyone opposed, post it. Anyone for, post it as well.
  15. TC517 Jedi Master

star 4
    I think that will work. I need to go see it again.
  16. WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, Saturday night(5-24-03) is most likely cool with me. What time are we looking at?
  17. Stackpole_The_Hobbit Force Ghost

star 6
    I'm thinking fourish, but later is possible as well. Anyone have a preference?
  18. WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Master

star 4
    Later is better for me. I have a birthday party to attend in the afternoon. Sevenish or later (after dinnerish) is best for me, but possibly sixish....
  19. Stackpole_The_Hobbit Force Ghost

star 6
    I'm more in favour of sixish than sevenish, but I can also do sevenish. Anyone else?
  20. Preachrman007 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I'm probably not going to be able to make it, but I hope you all have fun.
  21. TC517 Jedi Master

star 4
    Sixish or sevenish... don't matter to me.
  22. WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Master

star 4
    I was just on the Showplace site and there is a 7:25 showing. If most everyone is cool, I think we should lock this time in...possibly meeting at the theater at about 7:00 or a little after.
  23. Stackpole_The_Hobbit Force Ghost

star 6
    Good enough.

Adam, what the hell?! :p
  24. Darth_TKD Jedi Master

star 3
    That works for me, too. So we're meeting at 7 for sure, then?

And, Stacky, don't be too hard on Adam. Remember, his weekly hour of work is on Sunday. He has to take most of Saturday to rest up, so he has the energy to make it through his sermon. An hour's a long time, you know! :D
  25. Stackpole_The_Hobbit Force Ghost

star 6
    True . . . can we still make fun of him? [face_very_very_hopeful]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.