main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Waco, TX Movie Night: The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (Tickets are on sale!)

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Amidala Starkiller, Nov 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    Cool Michelle

We'll be there at 10...we'll save you a place in line

:)

2. Jedi_Kristen

Jedi_Kristen Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    AWESOME!!!

I was there in spirit at ten too.

The movie was great. The only thing that bothered me was Gollum acting in a jar jar kind of way and they cut out too much of Frodo's stuff. Legolas...hot...

what'd y'all think?

3. jango-joe1

jango-joe1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2001
    The movie was great :D

Everyone here cheered when Legolas did that flip and got onto his horse.

Some people in line pissed me off. Last year no one dressed up and this year they did...and they said that Star Wars fans were weird cause we fight each other with lightsabers :mad:

I liked Gollum and then I didn't. At times it looked like he was 2D, but I guess that could have been me.

Nick you missed a longer X-Men 2, and a longer Terminator 3, their was also a Bad Boys 2 and a Dumb and Dumberer trailer. :D

I love Wormtounge crying when he saw all of the Orcs, Urai-Khai, and the Easterlings.

One thing I couldn't stand was Treebeard, but what he did at the end was pretty sweet. If there is a specail extended version I hope their isn't a lot of Treebeard.

The character interaction was really good, and I can't wait for Return of the King

4. Amidala Starkiller

Dec 11, 1999
    I want Return of the King now!

5. Darth_Mauled

Darth_Mauled Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 16, 2002
    What she said! Saw the 12 noon showing today, actually the previews didn't start til 12:15 for some reason. Didn't see the Bad Boys 2 trailer at the Hollywood. Loved the whole movie. I'm not gonna spoil anything for those who haven't seen it yet. I'll go again on Saturday if Robert or Rod wants to go.

6. jango-joe1

Apr 25, 2001
    What about the rest of us John?

Are we not allowed to go on Saturday

7. DARTHGOON

DARTHGOON Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 24, 2002
    Hey joe,lets all go on saturday man,everybody up for it?

8. Jedi_Kristen

Mar 12, 2002
    Did anyone else sense the sexual tension between Frodo and Sam and Merry and Pip?

9. jango-joe1

Apr 25, 2001
    They just need a good Dwarf Woman [face_mischief]

10. Jedi_Kristen

Mar 12, 2002
    they can't tell the difference!

11. Amidala Starkiller

Dec 11, 1999
    Toss me. Just tell the elf.

12. Darth_Mauled

Mar 16, 2002
    I wasn't trying to exclude you Joe, I was just pointing out the people who could not go. I think it would be great if everybody could make a matinee on Saturday. Which theater and what time? It would probably be a good idea to buy our tickets by Fri to avoid the line and everything.

13. jango-joe1

Apr 25, 2001
    I was just joking John :p

14. Flashbacca

Flashbacca Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2002
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee

**runs around doing Wookiee Jig of Joy**

Finally Finished Finals - passed everything

HAPPY DAYS!!!

Went to see it again last night :D

It just gets better!!!

15. Amidala Starkiller

Dec 11, 1999
    See what happens when you don't use smilies, baby.

16. DARTHGOON

Mar 24, 2002
    MY HELL WEEK AT WORK IS F@#KING OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!FINALLY,Im off til JAN 6.

17. Jedi_Kristen

Mar 12, 2002
    the only thing i didn't like too much about the movie was that there was not enough emphasis on Frodo. I haven't read the books but I'm lead to believe that even though the main characters do split up the emphasis is still on Frodo whereas in the movie it was on Aragon. Not that I don't like Aragaon but i don't think they displayed Frodo's torment because of the ring well enough. It wasn't built like it should have been. we spent too much time with arwen and aragon. plus there was no hobbit with hobbit action. :p

18. Darth_Mauled

Mar 16, 2002
    Robert and I are going to the Starplex to buy our tickets early, we are going to go to the 3 or 4 o'clock depending on which theater is the "big" theater. #8 or #9 I think. I will post again when I find out.

19. Xanatos12

Xanatos12 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 13, 2002
    that was possibly the greatest thing I have ever seen.

ps.s the next greatest thing I have ever seen is "boondocks Saints" it's bascially if the punisher was Irish and there were two of him, this is what it would be like

20. Darth_Mauled

Mar 16, 2002
    We got tickets for the 3:00 at the starplex for screen #8. See ya'll there.

21. Amidala Starkiller

Dec 11, 1999
    I hope you guys had fun!

Sorry Joe and I couldn't make it but I had some Fan Force business to take care of.

22. DARTHGOON

Mar 24, 2002
    well,for the exception of someone constantly kicking the back of my seat,it was very good.I would have said something to the person behind me but im a shoot first ask questions later kind of person if you know what I mean,I did not want to make a big scene in the theater.I will sit on the back row from now on.

23. Amidala Starkiller

Dec 11, 1999
    Sorry Goon :(

And speaking seats

Flash, Joe and I had the world best seats at the midnight showing.

On the back row right in the middle.

24. Flashbacca

Flashbacca Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2002
    ditto, sorry I couldn't go, but I went with a friend to see Gangs of NY instead....

Totally Great Movie - very interesting

btw - we also had some obnoxious person sitting behind us - so we ended up ditching that showing and going to the next one :D

What is it with people these days - no common courtesy. Sometimes I think I'm living in the stone age :p

:D Flash

25. Xanatos12

Xanatos12 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 13, 2002
    hey guys what's up haven't seen anyone in a while but I'm sure that's just because of christmas, Michelle Gangs was good? I kind of want to see it I'd rather have it set in 1900 instead of the mid 1800's but if it's good I guess I can overlook that. Yeah the third time I saw LOTR there were these kids talking for like ten minutes during the battle at Helm's deep, since there mom was just sitting there I took it upon my self to correct there little worthless butt's and said if they didn't shut up I'de break their thumbs, they quit talking right away. The movie was great.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.