main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Waco, TX Movie Night: The Matrix Revolutions

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Amidala Starkiller, Oct 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    It opens November 5

I'm so not going but for those of you who are here is your thread. :)

2. Phuong_Solo

Phuong_Solo Jedi Master star 2

Jun 26, 2003
    Yeah, I don't really care for seeing it but if my friends are then I will go just to hang-out but that's it.

3. Darth_Mauled

Darth_Mauled Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 16, 2002
    I plan on seeing this during the day since too many of my tv shows will be on that night. BTW, I think this movie will rock!

4. DARTHGOON

DARTHGOON Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 24, 2002
    It looks to be an awesome movie(fingers crossed).

5. Bullseye

Bullseye Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 22, 2003
    Hahah...yeah those fingers better be crossed

6. Darth_Mauled

Mar 16, 2002
    Here are the times:

Hollywood 16
    (10:00 AM) ? (1:00) ? (4:00) ? 7:30 ? 10:30

Starplex hasn't released theirs yet.

7. DARTHGOON

DARTHGOON Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 24, 2002
    have you seen the new trailer on tv were they are training humans to use the big robots OMG! I almost sh#t my pants.There must of been 50 robots,WOW !

8. Phuong_Solo

Jun 26, 2003
    I have heard early reviews of Revolutions due to a special screenings around Houston and let me say that I so NOT totally suprised the mixed reviews. I got about a 50/50 review on the movie. I heard the negatives about the movie outwayed whatever philosophical part it had. Just a warning because I have heard some people saying that they wished they hadn't wasted their money which is how I felt about Reloaded.

9. Darth_Mauled

Mar 16, 2002
    I am going to see this movie no matter what the reviews say. I trust my judgement better than some movie snob reviewer like Roger Ebert or whoever.

10. Amidala Starkiller

Dec 11, 1999
    Roger Ebert liked it.

But I'm still not going [face_plain]

11. Bullseye

Jan 22, 2003
    Wonders if I can get emotional damages from seeing "Reloaded"

12. Phuong_Solo

Jun 26, 2003
    The reviews were not from professional critics or newswriters. These are reviews that my friends and other people had at the theatres who stood in line to pay 10 dollars to see it a day and a half early.

If you are getting something from emotional damages, I want in too. I think I am mentally scarred from Reloaded.

13. BroodMcEto

BroodMcEto Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2002
    If I can get a sitter, the wife and I are interested in seeing it. But we may pass, seeing as he *officially* has been diagnosed as having a cold. Maybe I'll stay home and play GTA3 on my XBOX today...

BTW: I really have no idea why some people feel that Reloaded was that bad. I do think that some things weren't great, but I enjoyed it. The Neo/Smith fight was a bit drawn out, but on a whole I thought the movie was pretty good, giving us a view into the "real" world. Maybe this would be a good topic for the next meeting.

14. Darth_Mauled

Mar 16, 2002
    I went to the 10 AM showing this morning. I thought it was good. I won't spoil it for anybody though.. but Joe and Elizabeth, you should go ahead and see it.

15. Bullseye

Jan 22, 2003
    Don't buy into their ploys [face_plain]

16. Darth_Mauled

Mar 16, 2002
    Who's ploys? Seriously you guys should go see it at least once.

17. Xanatos12

Xanatos12 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 13, 2002
    I wouldn't mind seeing a matinee on Sat. if anyones interested. Basically it's just a fight scene highlight reel.

18. Amidala Starkiller

Dec 11, 1999
    Maybe for a buck but that's about all it's worth to me.

19. Phuong_Solo

Jun 26, 2003
    I can't even begin to count the reasons why I hated Reloaded. Oh, wait. Yeah, I can. The movie was about 2 hours so I have a 120 reasons why I hated Reloaded. Anyways, I have friends that are pushing me into seeing even thought I have told them over and over again how much I hated Reloaded. So Elizabeth and Joe, if I get suckered into seeing Revoluttions, I will give u my full review (spoiler-free) from a movie fan that hated Reloaded.

20. Bullseye

Jan 22, 2003
    We don't care if it is spoiler free

21. Bullseye

Jan 22, 2003
    Must have been a real action packed, thoughtful movie if everyone is talking about it :p

22. Phuong_Solo

Jun 26, 2003
    Still haven't had a chance to see it. I heard more reviews and they were all negative. It seems to me that even more people hated Revolutions (nicknamed Convolutions by some) than Reloaded. Not trying to discourage anyone even thought I wished someone had discouraged me from seeing Reloaded.

23. Phuong_Solo

Jun 26, 2003
    I went and saw Revolutions and I will say that it is definitely an all visual movie so watch it trying not to make sense of the story or listening to the crappy dialogue and u should be fine.

24. Xanatos12

Xanatos12 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 13, 2002
    Yeah I saw it Sat. it wasn't awful you just have to take it like when you saw the first one, and forget about reloaded cool fight scenes (THE OLD MAN!! in the iron man suit) and the sun sequence were really cool, but I stillthink they took what could have been on eo fthe top five movie series and screwed the pootch.

25. Bullseye

Jan 22, 2003
    Check this out

Click here

I think we know what the gross of Reloaded went to ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.