main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Movie Night

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by BYOB_Kenobi, May 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. solo414

solo414 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    Well, I will NOT be able to come anymore. I have a scenic painting workshop to attend at 8 the next morning and driving home that early in the morning doesn't apeal to me. Sorry gang! I'll try my best to make the next one!

2. SySnootles

SySnootles Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2002
    Yeah Megan, I understand. That would be a bit much. Have fun tho.

Christine, do you have a DVD player as well as a VCR?

Also, are we going for actually scary movies (which really is relative) or funny/scary movies (like Young Frankenstein or Elvira: Mistress of the Dark (love that one)), or supposed to be scary but are really funny movies (like any Friday the 13th after number 2)? Just looking for a clue.

3. Bishop76

Bishop76 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    As a suggestion, Peter Jackson has some excellent early career horror films. Bad Taste, Dead Alive, and The Frighteners are some of my favorites. Just a thought.

Jeff

4. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    I think we wanted to avoid doing the six degrees of separation thing early on when we were planning this, but I'm cool with that changing.

From the original list, I think Mars Attacks! and Sleepy Hollow would fit in well with a horror-themed night.

5. Idaara

Idaara Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2002
    I understand that the original intent was to have these be SW themed movie nights, but for the sake of just a fun get together of SW fans near halloween, I thought we could bend the intent this time.

I have both a DVD player and a VCR. :)

As far as movie choices go, does anyone have these in their collection, or will I need to see about renting them? That is, whatever we finally decide on...

I'll be buying soda and fixing up some munchies for this event, but if anyone wants any beverages of an adult nature, I'm asking that someone volunteer or or those interested byob.

6. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    I have Bad Taste and Sleepy Hollow on DVD.

7. Idaara

Apr 29, 2002
    I've never heard of Bad Taste. What's it about?

8. Bishop76

Bishop76 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    Weird aliens and gore, basically. Oh, and exploding sheep.

Jeff

9. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
  10. Idaara

Apr 29, 2002
    I've never seen it, but after reading about it, I think I gotta. :) I think we have one winner for our movie night!

11. bwing53

bwing53 Jedi Master star 3

May 7, 2002
    Hey guys--

Has there been any discussion here about a possible Episode 2 DVD release viewing/party? I've been seeing stuff on other FanForce sites about what they're planning. I know you're trying to just line up the Nov 1 night, but any ideas on this? Is it grounds for it's own thread?

Jason

12. Idaara

Apr 29, 2002
    Nope, nobody's brought it up yet.

13. Idaara

Apr 29, 2002
    Okay, so whoever is coming for the movie night on November the 1st and needs directions, PM me and I'll get them to you.

Anyone else have any more movie suggestions?

14. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    I need directions. I know I was there once already, but I wasn't paying attention because Eric was navigating.

15. Idaara

Apr 29, 2002
    I'll PM them to you in the next day or 2. :)

16. Idaara

Apr 29, 2002
    Should we still go on with this or not? So far, the only for sure person who is coming is Kenobi, marajoan is a possibly, and Bishop76 looks like a definite maybe not (due to a friend coming back to the states from overseas). We can run this late (hubby decided to go spend the night with his folks so we can have the place to ourselves all night and not have to worry about when he wants to go to bed (the one downside of marrying an older man :) )), so Wampas, Bwing and Sy, anyone else, any interest?

17. SySnootles

Apr 13, 2002
    I'm still interested! I just don't know it I'll have to work that night or not. Just in case I don't (some miracle, perhaps), is there anything I can bring? Something bland?

18. Idaara

Apr 29, 2002
    Actually, I'm making cupcakes, having leftover Halloween candy (if there is any), was going to buy some chips and salsa and soda. I don't know what people might be interested in for food (and there's always calling for a pizza). Don't worry about catering to my eating requirements...I'd rather if someone is going to bring something that it's something that y'all can enjoy. I find my way to work around my limits, and just because I have some limits, doesn't mean y'all should suffer. :)

I'll PM you directions, Sy.

19. marajoan

marajoan Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 3, 2002
    Just warn me if you cancel because it is a long drive for nothing if a miracle happens and I don't have to work.

20. Idaara

Apr 29, 2002
    Will do, but for now it's still on. :)

21. Idaara

Apr 29, 2002
    If anyone else is interested in coming to my place tonight, PM me with your phone number and I'll call you after work with directions (our computers will be down all day at work today, so I won't be able to see your message until 5ish when I get home). Just a reminder that it's starting around 7:30 tonight. :)

Idaara

22. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    As I mentioned elsewhere previously, in addition to Sleepy Hollow and Bad Taste, I'm bringing Frankenthumb and bad taste.

23. marajoan

marajoan Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 3, 2002
    I have to work so I will miss you all.

24. SySnootles

Apr 13, 2002
    I finally got the word and Cally and I will be there around 8:30. Woo hoo!

25. Idaara

Apr 29, 2002
    Sorry you couldn't make it, marajoan. You missed a good time, but as I said before, I hope you can make it to something else in the future.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.