Movie Night

Discussion in 'Milwaukee, WI' started by BYOB_Kenobi, May 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SySnootles Jedi Knight

star 3
    We were supposed to post a review about the movie, right?

I think I told Cally and Marcy as we were walking to our cars that if I had to sit through that movie, I'm glad it was with the bunch of people I was with. Because that made it tolerable. Mstieing makes any movie almost tolerable (except for maybe Hannibal. An epidural wouldn't make that tolerable). And we were good at it. Thank heavens.

Overall it was a wonderful time. Thank you very much Idaara for hosting, and giving me the chance to try my first soy-based product. Not too bad! And for the book. I'll be diving into it as soon as possible!

Here's to next time!
  2. Auraveda Jedi Master

star 4
    Agreed. Horror/Gore is my least favorite genre of films. I only went because I figured it'd be ok in that group, and happily it was! :) It was a great time.

I hadn't ever seen all of Bad Taste before, despite the fact that I bought it for Tom last Christmas. Very odd film. Strange and bad, but in a very campy way. If nothing else it should give hope to every aspiring filmaker. Everyone is bad when they start, it's normal. Peter Jackson went from Bad Taste to The Lord of the Rings in about 12 or 13 years. Quite a progression!
  3. BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    You guys just don't realize the genius.
  4. jedisister Jedi Master

star 3
    Ok, I'm going to plan on having a movie day/night, thinkin' Dec. 14 which is a Sat. and watch LOTR:FOTR. If we plan earlier(since it will be a Sat.) we can watch another movie besides. If its a bit later, then probably only one. I can only have about 7 people, so those interested, please PM for directions to West Bend and my apt. specifically. I have the 2 disc DVD, if you would rather watch the SE, then someone would need to bring it.
  5. solo414 Jedi Master

star 4
    I CAN COME! :D That's the day after my semester ends so I'll be home. Count me in, Tracey!
  6. BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'd like to go, but I don't know if I'll be able to make it. December 14th is my birthday.
  7. jedisister Jedi Master

star 3
    Is that the thing you were trying to think of at the book club on Sat. Tom?!? ;) (j/k)
    Well, I'm thnkin' maybe starting around 4 and watching another movie besides LOTR. So, just let me know if you want to come or not(no hard feelings if you decide not to Tom. :) ).
  8. BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    No, I was trying to remember the thing that we were planning for the 15th, which was the 3rd Collectors Guild meeting.
  9. jedisister Jedi Master

star 3
    I know, I was just kidding.
  10. marajoan Jedi Knight

star 3
    Well, if you are not there, Tom, we will toast your birthday in your honor. I will be there with bells on unless the world explodes or something.
  11. jedisister Jedi Master

star 3
  12. SameSithDifferentDay Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I'll be there if I'm not somewhere else.
  13. jedisister Jedi Master

star 3
    Bump.

11 days, if you plan to come, let me know. PM me for directions. Thank you.
  14. jedisister Jedi Master

star 3
    This Sat. LOTR:FOTR and possibly one more. PM me for directions. So far I have two people coming, anyone else interested, let me know.
  15. jedisister Jedi Master

star 3
    We will be watching the Special Extended Edition. Maybe AOTC too!! Planning for about 4 pm at my place.
  16. jedisister Jedi Master

star 3
  17. jedisister Jedi Master

star 3
    Ok, this is the last time I'll post for this Sat. LOTR:FOTR Special Extended Edition at my place around 5 pm.
  18. solo414 Jedi Master

star 4
    I'll be there at the latest by 6:30, Tracey. Can't wait!! :)
  19. BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I got tired of waiting for Dragonslayer to come out on DVD, so I bought it on VHS. Therefore, I decree that within the month there shall be a Movie Night for the viewing of said VHS tape.
  20. SoloYT1300 Jedi Padawan

borderline off the topic.

Dragonslayer was a cool arcade game....thats it, thats all i have to say.

crawling back into the hole where Beret has locked me up in. j/k

oh yes,I am up for that movie night! [face_plain]
  21. SySnootles Jedi Knight

star 3
    Dragonslayer is out for XBox (at least). It's just like the old arcade game. Which means I'll probably suck at that one, too.
  22. BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Are you sure you're not thinking of Dragon's Lair? I never heard of a Dragonslayer video game. Then again, we weren't allowed to play video games when I was a kid.
  23. SySnootles Jedi Knight

star 3
    Um, now that you mention it, yeah, that's what I mean. The one that was revolutionary because it was basically a cartoon. Well, you got the jist of it.
  24. BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Ok, this is the Dragonslayer I was referring to. It's live-action.

I couldn't find any film references for Dragon's Lair, but there was an animated TV series.
  25. bwing53 Jedi Knight

star 3
    You know, I thought that movie sounded familiar. My dad took my sister and I to see that in the theater. I remember it very clearly because of the underwater semi-nudity scene. I AM remembering the right movie, aren't I? Anyway, I loved it at the time (for the nudity, sure, but also for all the other stuff), and I saw it on cable sometime again in the early nineties, but I've since forgotten all about it. I'd be up for seeing it again.

Jason

(Insert "being up" joke in one of the next three posts, Tom)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.