main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Movie Night

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by BYOB_Kenobi, May 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bwing53

bwing53 Jedi Master star 3

May 7, 2002
    Man, oh man. . .

KRULL!

I always wanted that bony-looking psuedo-ninja throwing star!

2. solo414

solo414 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    I have almost all of Harrison Ford's movies on tape. I use to have that MacGyver movie...but I'm not sure if I still have it. I'll check around.

3. Red_Jedi_Knight

Red_Jedi_Knight Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2002
    does it have to be a movie or clound i bring in a tape of battlestar galactica episodes??
    *red

4. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    How 'bout the Battlestar Galactica movie?

5. SySnootles

SySnootles Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2002
    Krull is an all-time favorite of mine, too. I have it on VHS. That star/knife thing is called a glave. I wanted one so badly when I was a kid I began designing one on my own. Granted I was nine and not a very skilled craftsman, so it didn't turn out as well as I'd hoped.

6. solo414

Mar 28, 2002
    Is Krull the movie with Arnold?

7. Bishop76

Bishop76 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    No, that's conan. And Kull is the one with Kevin Sorbo.

Jeff

8. solo414

Mar 28, 2002
    Oh yeah...Thanks for clearing that up for me! :)

9. cruznseal2

cruznseal2 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 19, 2001
    how about BRAZIL

10. solo414

Mar 28, 2002
    I really hate to admit this...but I have never seen BRAZIL. I know, I know. And I call myself a movie fan. I would love to see it though. :)

Has anybody mentioned Time Bandits?

11. Bishop76

Apr 1, 2002
    I prefer 12 Monkeys - How is Brazil related to Star Wars? Just curious - I don't see a connection.

Jeff

12. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    There's definitely a similarity between a scene in Brazil and a scene in The Empire Strikes Back. You'll probably have to watch Brazil again to notice it.

13. CaptMereel

CaptMereel Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 11, 2002
    We're in! We have lots of films, both good and bad, VHS and DVD.

How about The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai? Love that film!

14. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    What's the connection?

15. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    What's is "Quentin Tarantino's Star Wars" that Zepo mentioned? I've never heard of it, but that has to be bizarre.

I have Star Warp'd on DVD. It's some sort of strange claymation thing that I bought while at C2. I haven't watched it yet because I am somewhat afraid of it. It was a case of having money and nothing to buy.

A good thing to find would be the episode of SNL with Kevin Spacey where they had supposed screen tests of other actors auditioning for A New Hope. Pretty good stuff.

I don't think anyone mentioned the Fifth Element either. The large ships look like Star Destroyers, and the light sticks at the end are definitely lightsaber look-alikes. It's a good movie, as long as you can get through Chris Carter's screeching.

Dwayne

16. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    I don't remember light sticks. Chris Carter's space DJ character was the best part of that movie.

17. TwistyMaeSkywalker

TwistyMaeSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 3, 2000
    I have a tape of misc fan films...I believe the screen tests are on there as well. I'd have to check, though.

18. Bishop76

Apr 1, 2002
    Chris Carter = ex-Reciever for the Vikings or the creator of the X-Files.

Chris Tucker = guy from The 5th Element.

Jeff

19. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    Oh yeah... I knew that.

20. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    Any more suggestions?

21. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    Per our brief discussions of Movie Night at the 6/29 meeting, I'm gonna need an assistant for organizing these events.

Volunteers to host a Movie Night from time to time will also be appreciated as I currently am not in a position to do so myself.

22. Idaara

Idaara Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2002
    Since I'm not chair/co-chair of any committees, I'll volunteer to assist you, if you'll have me. [grin_devil] I think, first off, we need to find out who has the room and availability timewise and what kind of setups they have (VCR/DVD player/both). I would volunteer to host the first movie night, but unfortunately, my evenings are beginning to get pretty tied up now until mid-Augustish(taking some classes and have other committments -- and my husband likes his privacy, so I have to convince him to be elsewhere when I do this sort of stuff). Also, what do people want to see?

23. CaptMereel

CaptMereel Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 11, 2002
    We would be willing to host some of these Movie Nights (and if people are willing to drive out to the boonies! We live north of Oconomowoc) but weeknights are terrible for us so it would have to be, preferrably, Saturday night. We have both VHS/DVD and a large living room with 2 sofas, several chairs and some floor space. But....and this is a monstrous caveat, we also have 2 long-haired cats who love company. Most of this summer is booked already but, starting in September, things settle down and we could open our house to the group for a Saturday night viewing!

24. Idaara

Idaara Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2002
    It's only a monsterous caveat when I'm involved and I stay longer than 7 hours. ;) Still wish I could have been at Jedisister's for longer...darn allergies.

25. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    Suggestions for movies to watch are listed above.

It's a nice fun bike ride to Oconomowoc, mon Capitan! :D Where are you stationed, Idaara?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.