main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA Movie nights

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by TRADMIC, Dec 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    If Q-Sith can't go on Sunday and SuperChill works on Sunday, how about we go out on Saturday?

2. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    I chatted with TRADMIC on the phone, and we're going to go see Children of Men at the Pittsburgh Mills on Saturday. Most likely we'll go to late showing at 9:40 and go to dinner first.

:) And then I'll be ready to talk with Fluke about why if no babies could be born the old fashioned way, no new technology was developed. *grin* maybe it wasn't anything to do with the females, maybe every male on the planet suddenly had a really, really low sperm count.

3. TRADMIC

TRADMIC Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 24, 2005
    We will gather here and watch the hilarity that was New Years Eve. I will then be prepared to offer dlocke a large sum of money to not put it on youtube. :p

Dinner at Olive Garden, unless it's super busy. So if you are reading this and thinking about tagging along, call one of us first.

Movie is at 9:40 at Pittsburgh Mills.

:)

4. AegisFilms

AegisFilms Jedi Youngling

Jan 7, 2007
    If any of you are interested in planning another movie night, we are premiering our movie 'A Great Disturbance' at 7:00PM Monday Jan 15th at loews on the waterfront. We filmed the movie at Celebration 3, and we entered it in the GenCon film festival where we won 'Best Feature Film'. Dustin from theforce.net has reviewed the film and posted the following premiere announcement. There is information in his post regarding where you could see a trailer and synopsis of the film.

http://www.theforce.net/fanfilms/story/A_Great_Disturbance_Premier_102116.asp

If any of you could make it we would love to have you. Invite anyone you think would enjoy it. Tickets are $10 dollars, and we will be having an afterparty at Dave and Busters following the film. If you are interested in attending please email us at agreatdisturbance@gmail.com let us know how many tickets you will need so that we can hold them for you.

Thanks and we hope to see you there.

5. TRADMIC

Jul 24, 2005
    I'm going! [face_dancing]

6. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    I'm going, too. And in costume (so I can get the free DVD and because its fun)

This would be a good place for TRADMIC to wear her Rebel with a Cause costume.

When are we meeting? Can anyone meet for dinner before the movie?

7. TRADMIC

Jul 24, 2005
    ;) Ok then!

I'll probably only get out of work at 5 and the movie is at 7, so I won't be able to do dinner.

Supposedly everyone's meeting at Dave and Busters after the screening. I have off the next day :) because that's when I start physical therapy :(

8. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    I have an inservice day on Tuesday, so I don't have to be a work until 8AM (an hour later).

So, what time do you want to meet at Loews and at which enterance (side facing the smokestacks or side with the boxoffice)?

9. AegisFilms

AegisFilms Jedi Youngling

Jan 7, 2007
    I'm glad you are coming, and I will be sure to hold some tickets for ya. If anyone is interested, Al Hoff of the City paper wrote up a review of the movie in this weeks issue. Its on page 58 if you have a copy handy. Not exactly page 1, but not page 71 either. Also I am in the process of speaking with Jason of the 501st to see if any of their members would be interested in attending the event. So if any of you know of 501st members that reside in the western PA region, I would be interested in contacting them to see if they would like to attend the show. Thank you, and I appreciate your help with this.

10. CernStormrunner

CernStormrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 6, 2000
    i just found out today that PAN'S LABYRINTH is premiering at the Southside Works on friday the 19th.

I've been looking forward to that for MONTHS.

11. Plagious

Plagious Jedi Youngling star 1

May 17, 2006
    I will go and hopefully bring some friends.

12. TRADMIC

Jul 24, 2005
    the South Side Works website has no times listed that i can see. If there are alot of us going, we should make sure we get down there and get tickets. I'd like to go to a show around 7 so I still have some time afterwards to do something.

Like play pool at Shootz ;)

13. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    For Great Disturbance . . .

Monday, at Waterfront Loews. If you are meeting for dinner, 5:45 Eat-n-Park. If just for the movie, meet inside the theater at the doors by the box office at 6:45.

14. ben_ethus

ben_ethus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

Since I have off tomorrow, I decided to hit up the flick with you guys. I'll meet up at Eat 'n Puke at 5:45. I assume you mean the Waterfront eat 'n puke?

See you guys then,
    Yours Truly

15. TRADMIC

Jul 24, 2005
    *faints*

that guilt trip greencat put on you about never coming out must've hit hard ;)

Waterfront EN'P indeed.

I don't think I'm costuming though :(

16. ben_ethus

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

I'm still coming to the movie, but due to logistics issues, I'm not sure if I can make Eat 'n park. :(

I'll keep you folks updated.

Thinks it looks dreary outside,
    Yours Truly

17. ben_ethus

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

I solved my logistical issue, so I'll meet at EnP at 5:45.

See you then,
    Yours Truly

18. Plagious

Plagious Jedi Youngling star 1

May 17, 2006
    people better wear customes!!!!

19. Quixotic-Sith

Quixotic-Sith Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 22, 2001
    Nice to finally meet everyone. Even things we a little wierd at DnB. ;)

20. CernStormrunner

CernStormrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 6, 2000
    I spoke to someone from the Southside works on Friday.

They didnt have times for this friday yet, BUT they said they should be the same as Saturday (eh?) which are 7:30 and 9:50

A couple friends of mine are going to the 9:50 one, so thats more than likely when I'll go.

21. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    Friday times are the same, 730 and 950 according to their website.

22. TRADMIC

Jul 24, 2005
    I'm going to the 7:30 show so I can get to Shootz at a decent time afterwards.

Jan. 26 EPIC movie

Spoofing Harry Potter, Pirates, Snakes on a Plane, Willy Wonka... this looks very funny. I promise to keep shenanigans to a mid-range (this is the level within safety of not getting kicked out)

:D

23. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    I'm in for Epic Movie. When and Where?

24. ZeroCool69

ZeroCool69 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 22, 2002
    I might be down for the movie. It will all depend on time and date. But, check out my other post for a fun movie night addition/alternative.

25. BonMothma

BonMothma Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2003
    Greetings, blokes.

This does look like fun. Weather permitting, I'd like to go. Is it playing at the Waterfront? I'm asking because that's one place I know how to get to.

Hates getting lost in Pittsburgh,
    Yours Truly

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.