main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA Movie nights

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by TRADMIC, Dec 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CernStormrunner

CernStormrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 6, 2000
    I'm in for EPIC.

2. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

I prefer to go see Epic on a Saturday evening. Waterfront is fine with me. Since the roller derby thing is on the 27th, why don't we all go see Epic on Feb 10, after the meeting?

Wondering if anyone will enforce the two seat buffer between GC and TRADMIC,
    Yours truly

GC

3. TRADMIC

TRADMIC Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 24, 2005
    Greetings, blokes!

Feb 10 after the meeting sounds good to me. This movie looks supremely funny, so I'm not sure that any amount of seat buffer is going to make a difference. Let's just hope the folks at Waterfront have a nice tolerance.

Wondering when all this mimicking of his posting style is gonna make him snap,

yours truly,
    TRADMIC

:)

4. BonMothma

BonMothma Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2003
    Greetings, blokes.

I'm not planning to make the Feb. 10th meeting, as I will be "mooting" with my LOTR group. I'm not sure exactly where I'll be for that, so I don't know if getting to the Waterfront from wherever will be doable for me or not.

Knows how to get there from home,
    Yours Truly

5. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Don't forget to ask the LOTR folks if they would be interested in getting together a team to do a multi-fandom charity bowling event in the summer or early fall.

6. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
  7. TRADMIC

Jul 24, 2005
    Wait, then when are we going to see EPIC movie?!?!?!:confused:

8. Rebojazz

Rebojazz Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2006
    I believe I work in the morning which means I'll have the evening off... I might be able to go depending on the time :) . I'll already be in Pitt.

9. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Ummmm. The next weekend? Feb 17? Or would folks prefer to go to Epic Movie rather than the midnight movie?

10. BonMothma

BonMothma Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2003
    Like I said, whether or not I could go on the 10th would depend on if I could get there from wherever I happen to be.

If we did it on the 17th, I'd be leaving from home, and I know how to get there from home!

Of course if the roads are bad, I still won't go.

11. TRADMIC

Jul 24, 2005
    What about Sat. Feb. 3? Or is that too much togetherness for one month? :p

I probably won't care what we go see by Feb 10 as by then I may have already gone to see EPIC movie. Maybe we could like, Rock Paper scissors for the vote on which movie to see. :p

Anyone see the movie "Slither?" Has Nathan Fillion (Mal from Firefly/Serenity), RPS, zombie-like folks, and other funnies. :D

You know what we need, especially for Bonnie? Our own Blackbird Xmen private stealth jet

Awesome!

12. SuperChill

SuperChill Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 8, 2005
    If the roller derby thing is sold out and I can't get tickets then I will probably be available for anything Sat. night.:D

13. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    We have now discussed some many different movies and so many different dates, I'm very confused. :confused:

When are whe going to which movies and where?

14. SuperChill

Dec 8, 2005
  15. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Yes. What time. What food/snacks do you wish me to bring?

16. SuperChill

Dec 8, 2005
    Around 8 or 8:30. Bring whatever you like.:D

17. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Ummmm. Here is me sucking. I'm cancelling out on Friday's get together. Just been a long week and I'm feeling less than 100%. Again, I suck. [face_worried]

But I'll see yunz guys next weekend at the monthly meeting.

18. TRADMIC

Jul 24, 2005
    After the February meeting, we went to the midnight movie at the Oaks and saw Susperia, which was described by Entertainment Weekly circa 1970-something as being "one of the scariest movies of all time".

greencat brought canned goods, so we all got tickets to win door prizes. SuperChill noticed the last numbers on his ticket was the year he was born. since greencat's ticket had the year I was born, I demanded she trade tickets with me. Not 20 seconds later, said ticket number was called and I won a copy of the immensely awesome Susperia dvd. There was a bit of a "debate" regarding the rightful prize winner, some hair pulling and such, etc. etc. you know...the usual...

We also did not observe the rule of seat buffer previously set by zerocool and therefore got shush'ed bout halfway through the movie [face_chicken]

The Oaks is accepting suggestions for this summer's midnight movies, but there's nothing on the website; you actually have to get forms from the theater. They have a list of movies they've shown in the past here

I don't see these movies on the list and think they'd be awesome:

Jay and Silent Bob Stike Back
    XMen
    Fight Club
    Moulin Rouge
    Willy Wonka
    Attack of the Killer Tomatoes
    and I'm going to see if maybe they'll run a few episodes of Mystery Science Theater

:D

The next movies I'd like to go see:

Ghostrider

The Number 23

Black Snake Moan

TMNT

19. Quixotic-Sith

Quixotic-Sith Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 22, 2001
    I'm down with The Number 23; I'm also thinking about Breach and ATHF.

20. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Turtle Power! Can't wait to see the latest version of the TMNT.

There was indeed a fierce battle between TRADMIC and I over who would have to take the DVD copy of Suspiria, but I finally won and she had to take it home with her. [face_mischief] Although I learned an important life lesson from the movie. If you are going to run a combination Ballet Academy and Evil Coven, don't let pesky, nebby Americans live at the school. Let them rent apartments off campus. Also, look before you leap into a room full of razor wire and butter knives can be very threatening.

21. TRADMIC

Jul 24, 2005
    Hush now...don't make me tell Liam and everyone else about your new love interest

I am going to the John Williams concert on the 23rd, so if I see The Number 23 it will have to be on the 24th, which is not as cool.

I'm just guessing that even if we costume for TNMT, they still won't allow a kama or katana blades into the theater, huh?

22. SuperChill

Dec 8, 2005
    I'm going to see Ghostrider on sat. Probably a late show since I work until eight. Let me know if anyone is interested.

23. SuperChill

Dec 8, 2005
    Same thing this week only this time the movie is 23. Anyone? Anyone?

24. TRADMIC

Jul 24, 2005
    Ok, I looked up the movie 300, but it doesn't appear to be showing anywhere in this area. :rolleyes:
    Unless maybe it's just too early still for movie times. When i called on the phone, they were only giving out times for Sunday, March 4. I'll try again tomorrow.

Friday, March 23 at the Waterfront: TMNT What time is good?

25. Sean_Starrider

Sean_Starrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 30, 2002
    I'd like to go see 300 on Sunday if anybody is interested.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.