main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA Movie nights

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by TRADMIC, Dec 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SuperChill

SuperChill Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 8, 2005
    I agree, that was very uncomfortable. I was the dude with the two star wars hotties:p I won't let this stop me from going next week though. We should form an alliance and costume as jedi gladiators. HAROO HAROO!!!!

2. TRADMIC

TRADMIC Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 24, 2005
    Spiderman 3 on IMAX

Get your tickets early! We have some tickets already for the Friday May 4 show at 7:30.

Anyone here want advance tickets?

3. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    That was you, Cern?? I wish you would have come over and introduced yourself. :)

I don't know if I'm going back this Tuesday. Yeah, of all of them, ANH is the one I was most looking forward to seeing, but I just don't think the Firehouse Lounge is treating us right.

4. CernStormrunner

CernStormrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 6, 2000
    i dnt think i'm going to make it to firehouse this week.

i am gettng a nice, slow root canal monday, and a tooth cap on wednesday, so i'm gonna be all vicodin'ed up.

way too much fun for this one...

5. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    *gack* Nasty dental work. I'm not going this week either. First, I'm very annoyed at the way we've been treated there, and second, there are banquet centerpieces to be made.

6. JAWAHUNTER

JAWAHUNTER Jedi Master star 1

Dec 16, 1998
    Go and see Disturbia and Vacancy. Both really flicks. Since I don't have a whole lot to do down here I am seeing tons of movies over the summer. I'm gonna see Pathfinder later this week probably.

7. Sean_Starrider

Sean_Starrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 30, 2002
    My Wife and I will be at the IMAX for the Friday, May 4th 7:30 showing as well! =D=

8. TRADMIC

Jul 24, 2005
    Yay! Did they tell you to show up early? Find us and we'll tryt o save you a seat! It'll be nice to see you again and to meet your wife!

:)

9. JAWAHUNTER

Dec 16, 1998
    Just got home from seeing Spiderman on IMAX! Great movie, a little long in places but overall our friendly neighborhood wall crawler was great. I won't go into any spoilers until everyone had a chance to see it, but can't wait to talk about it.

10. Quixotic-Sith

Quixotic-Sith Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 22, 2001
    Saw the midnight show at Loews, and I didn't really like it. Without going into specifics, I think I'd rather have gotten the extra sleep. I never, *ever* thought that I'd be checking my watch during a Spider-man movie - the last film I did that in was Alexander.

Cringe-worthy dialogue, ham acting by our core players, and quite a bit of stuff I never thought I would ever have to see on screen. I think the most apropos comment came from my friend Rich during Spidey's dance routine: "So, I guess the symbiote is made out of cheese."

11. Yhrathimus

Yhrathimus Jedi Youngling

Jan 17, 2007
    I thought Spider-Man was okay. I did not like Spider-Man 2.

I enjoyed SM3 for the most part, though it still had all the quirks that I hated about the first 2 movies. Course I'm a big fan of Eddie Brock/Venom, so I'm a bit biased, I guess.

The Stayin' Alive sequence was ...odd... to say the least, and Spider-Man, Harrygoblin, and Venom removing their masks every chance they could got old real quick.

12. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    LOL. I did not like the first Spider-Man, but I really like Spider-Man 2.

13. TRADMIC

Jul 24, 2005
    There was a big group of us at Spidey 3 and no one thought to take pics. :( Ah well, not like we were in costume or anything.

The seat buffer rule was enforced.

I liked the movie. It was very comic-book like.

14. JAWAHUNTER

Dec 16, 1998
    We had the seat buffer thing going so far too. We sold out every show of Spidey yesterday and I doubt we will do less today.

15. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    *grin* I suspect its a different type of Seat Buffer rule (although Tradmic and mine's reputation may have travelled that far) We are not allowed to sit next to each other in the movies, because we both will then make nearly non-stop comments on what is happening on screen. We were at our worst (and it is a bad and rude thing to do, and we always say we shouldn't do it, won't do it and yet . . . ) during Eragon. It was just too tempting not to run the appropriate SW dialogue along with Eragon's dialogue and scenes.

16. Sean_Starrider

Sean_Starrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 30, 2002
    Spiderman 3 was a very good movie. The whole battle within theme reminded me alot of Superman 3. I guess whenever there is a third movie the hero has to fight himself? Superman, Jean Grey, Batman? Well very good movie anyways. B+

17. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    I liked Spidey 3, although a bigger role for Venom might have been nice. Georgette's webpage did a very funny manip about the movie.

Let's go see Shrek III. Anyone interested?

18. TRADMIC

Jul 24, 2005
    I'm adding this idea to the mix.

How about getting together like once a month and watching a movie at someone's place (whoever volunteers his/her place) that person could nominate 3 selections from his/her persoanl dvd collection, and we will decide what to watch.

dlocke, enthralled by the power of group geekdom at c4, supports this idea.

And I do think the first home-movie screening should be Eragon. :p

19. dlocke

dlocke Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 5, 2005
    I concur. And like I said, we could do it at my place atleast the first time. Its small, but well make room.

20. Quixotic-Sith

Quixotic-Sith Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 22, 2001
    I'm cool with that - it'll force me to keep the place clean. ;)

21. SuperChill

SuperChill Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 8, 2005
    So where and when are we watching Eragon?

22. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Anyone interested in going to see Pirates at the Pittsburgh Mills this Friday night? There are shows at 6:55, 7:20, and 8:00.

23. TRADMIC

Jul 24, 2005
    7:20 or 8:00 is good for me!

24. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Do we want to do dinner first? If so, then the 8 show would be good. If no dinner, than 7:20.

So pick one, Tradmic. and if you pick the dinner option, pick a place to meet for dinner.

25. TRADMIC

Jul 24, 2005
    Wait, aren't shenanigans usually conducted, at a dinner location, AFTER the movie?!

7:20, eating and shenanigans following movie at...Red Robin? Isn't there at Red Robin at the Mills?

or

dinner at possibly-existing Red Robin at 6:45, movie at 8:00

final offer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.