main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit movie novelizations and what they have contributed to the EU

Discussion in 'Literature' started by darklordoftech, Jul 14, 2013.

1. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    There will still be Imperial loyalists stirring **** up though.

2. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    If Disney insists

3. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Sure. But it would also make sense. Those who were loyal to Palpatine are not likely to say "Oh, he's dead, I need to change allegiances."

In the Empire comics, several Imperials referred to the Alliance as "terrorists". I could see some Imperial loyalists believing that a terrorist organization had assassinated their leader and taken over the galaxy.

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  4. Darth_Xeres

Darth_Xeres Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 3, 2010
    You really believe that after the Emperor's death, every last member of the Empire's military across the whole galaxy spontaneously became utterly ineffective? I certainly don't. Sure, the Imperial forces were likely shocked at the news, and some greener/more fanatical troops might even have panicked. But sooner rather than later their superiors would have shaken off their own shock and reasserted order.

Force Smuggler and Jedi Ben like this.
  5. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Except the Star Destroyers stopped working.

6. Darth_Xeres

Jul 3, 2010
    Is it outright stated that every last Star Destroyer across the galaxy stopped working immediately following Palpatine's death, or just the ones at Endor? And just what do you mean by "stopped working"? Is it that they spontaneously powered down/experienced some catastrophic mechanical failure of some sort, and/or that their crews spontaneously became incompetent, or... what?

7. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    What we're told is that Executor became uncontrollable.

8. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Yeah, that kind of happens when an A-Wing crashes into the bridge!

9. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    And thereby throw away the opportunity to show next-gen Star Destroyers, TIEs and Imperial Shuttles?

Yeah, that'll happen.

10. Darth_Xeres

Jul 3, 2010
    So you were referring only to Executor? How does that lead to "the Star Destroyers stopped working" and "all across the galaxy (NOT JUST ENDOR), the Imperial forces collapsed"?

11. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    It's the implication I got reading the novelization.

12. Darth_Xeres

Jul 3, 2010
    Well, I and a few other people on this thread got a very different implication. I guess we'll have to wait until Ep VII to find out which of our theories is right.

darklordoftech likes this.
  13. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I guess so. I'm enjoying this debate.

14. Shadow Trooper

Shadow Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jul 18, 2013
    I am with darklordoftech on this argument. Just watch this clip from robot chicken

15. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006

All hail Arvel Crynyd, Green Leader, one of the greatest heroes of the Alliance, even got a ship named after him.

16. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    You all are so full of awesome details. I have trouble keeping the Yuuzhan Vong character names straight.

17. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    And don't forget Imperial Walkers. I would personally enjoy seeing the Empire back in the ST. Maybe they and the Rebel Alliance work together against the new enemy? Imagine it, A squad of Tie Fighters or Star Destroyers or new versions of both save the Rebel group under attack.

18. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Heh, yeah, knew I was forgetting something - AT-ATs... Oh, speeder bikes too!

Force Smuggler likes this.
  19. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    If the Empire itself can't be in the movies I would love to a Tie-Fighters, Imperial Walkers, and the rest used by the Rebellion/Republic. They won't be the main thing for each category but I just want to see them. Though if the Republic creates a new type of Star Destroyer change up the bridge a little bit. I want the Imperial Star Destroyer bridge to remain unique. Give us an old Star Destroyer too!

20. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Redeemed Imperials. Do it, Disney.