main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto MOVIE OF THE YEAR!!! HOTTEST NEW STAR!!! OSCAR MATERIAL ALL ROUND!!!

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by THEREALSHMII, Jun 9, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. THEREALSHMII

THEREALSHMII Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    Apparently those too good to be true captions that are on the adds of movies really are too go to be true.

Over the weekend, Newsweek exposed David Manning of the Ridgefield press as a fake reviewer, invented by someone in the advertising department of Columbia Pictures.
    One of the raves included "Heath Ledger is this year's HOTTEST NEW STAR!" which landed in the advertisement for A Knight's Tale." The ad appeared in the Toronto Star and in the TV ads. A Manning blurb was also used in the just-released film The Animal.

Columbia claims that they are looking into the circumstances surrounding it and will take appropriate action.

My guess will be the appropriate action would be:
    1. Do Nothing.
    2. Create a new fake reviewer in a place more obscure than Ridgefield, Connecticut.
    3.Wag a finger at the marketer and say "Next time, don't get caught."

2. Subject Zero

Subject Zero Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2000
    I think it's number 4

4) all of the above

3. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    This is just another offshoot of the other ways the movies change the review of a film to make it look good. Ever notice these:

"........."

They can turn an honest review from If bad acting, a horrible script and pathetic views are what you look for in a movie, then you must see this film." into ".....YOU MUST SEE THIS FILM!!!"

4. THEREALSHMII

Nov 29, 2000
    [image=http://webhome.idirect.com/~shmi/trollsm.jpg]

Actually, the official stance of the studio has been to nail some poor scapegoat with a 30 day suspension and say "now I'm waging my finger! Don't make me wag my finger again!"

Meanwhile in sue-happy land, there is now a suit by 2 disappointed customers for a million bucks saying they were dupped by the ads into seeing this movie and they want the studio to give customers their money back.

5. Jedi_Sheridan

Jedi_Sheridan Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 7, 2001
    i was told by someone lvery close to me it was a good movie...of course she is in love with Heath Ledger...

6. THEREALSHMII

Nov 29, 2000

Man, now they're in deep. They've been caught using fake patrons describing how good The Patriot was. Apparently, they used an employee. I'll put the link below.

They are backpeddling saying that this was a rare occurrence. Yeah. I would believe them more if E!Now! employees hadn't put on Star Wars T-shirts and pretended to be fans in line for Star Wars.

Or the fake fans standing in line for the Love Letter beside the Star Wars fans who then got up and went home after the media was gone. Noooo...studio's would never do that. (grumble, grumble}
    [/blue]
    www.zap2it.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.