Movie Quotes, Please

Discussion in 'Phoenix, AZ' started by MJ_Keehan_Sundve, Feb 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Princess_Skywalker_ Jedi Youngling

star 4
    SOME KIND OF WONDERFUL:
    Keith: Well, I like art, I work in a gas station, my best friend is a tomboy. These things don't fly too well in the American high school.

Amanda Jones: I'd rather be with someone for the wrong reasons then be alone for the right.

Watts: Don't go mistaking paradise for a pair of long legs.

Watts: [to Amanda Jones] Break his heart, I'll break your face.

Watts: Keith... you're losing it. And when it's lost, all you are is a loser.

Ray: See, a lot of guys I know think that you're... confused. See, but I know it's just an act. I know that if you wanted to, you could be a girl like that.
    Watts: Ray, this is 1987. Do you know that a girl can be whatever she wants to be?
    Ray: I know, my mom's a plumber.
    Watts: That explains a lot about you, Ray.

Watts: It must be a drag to be a slave to the male sex drive.
    Keith: It's not just sex.
    Watts: Oh, you want to start a book club with her?

Watts: Get your skag and let's roll.

Duncan: I'm here to kick your ass, and you know it, and everybody here knows it, and above all, you deserve it. In fact, I think it's safe to say that this party is about to become a historical fact.

Keith: Is this detention?
    Duncan: Actually its your moms house and were all having a party.

Keith: I didn't know.
    Watts: Yeah, well, you're an idiot.
  2. jada_marnew Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Choad: The first rule of Fight Club, you don't talk about Fight Club.
  3. MonMartha Jedi Knight

star 1
    "I really, truly, madly, deeply, passionately, remarkably, deliciously, jucily love you."

It might not pass the "PG-13" filter . . . :)
  4. Dr_Invision Jedi Padawan

Choose life. Choose a job. Choose a career.

Choose a family; choose a ****ing big television, Choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players, and electrical tin openers.

Choose good health, low cholesterol and dental insurance. Choose fixed-interest mortgage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends.

Choose leisurewear and matching luggage. Choose a three-piece suite on hire purchase in a range of ****ing fabrics. Choose DIY and wondering who you are on a Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing sprit-crushing game shows, stuffing ****ing junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pishing you last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, ****ed-up brats you have spawned to replace yourself. Choose your future. Choose life.

But who would I want to do a thing like that? I chose not to choose life: I chose something else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who need reasons when you've got heroin?
    Opening Quote Trainspotting
  5. jada_marnew Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    ". . . the only other option is buy a dozen cats and call it a day." ~ Jane, See Jane Date
  6. Princess_Skywalker_ Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Muriel's Wedding:
    Muriel: That's because my life is as good as an Abba song. It's as good as Dancing Queen.

David: I don't love you either, but I think I could like having you around.

When Harry Met Sally:
    Harry: I love that you get cold when it's 71 degrees out. I love that it takes you an hour and a half to order a sandwich. I love that you get a little crinkle above your nose when you're looking at me like I'm nuts. I love that after I spend day with you, I can still smell your perfume on my clothes. And I love that you are the last person I want to talk to before I go to sleep at night. And it's not because I'm lonely, and it's not because it's New Year's Eve. I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.
    Sally: You see? That is just like you, Harry. You say things like that, and you make it impossible for me to hate you! And I hate you Harry...I really hate you...
  7. MexChewie Jedi Master

star 4
    Saving Silverman:

Stay away from women! They're only interested in your man juice.
    When you can't control your urges using hard liqour, use this!
  8. Princess_Skywalker_ Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Ok some quotes from the English Patient. Sappy chick flick, perhaps, but also an epic love story with an amazing cast and a dynamic director....Ralph and Kristen are absolutely gorgeous in this, Juliet is spectacular and anything with Colin Firth in it is worth watching.... (ahem, Jess watch the movie! :p ;))

Almásy: I fear Madox knows about us, he keeps mentioning Anna Karenina

Madox: I have to teach myself not to read too much into everything. It comes from too long having to read so much into hardly anything at all.

Almásy: I just wanted you to know, I'm not missing you yet.
    Katharine: You will.

Almásy: Swoon. I'll catch you.

Almásy: When were you most happy?
    Katharine: Now.
    Almásy: When were you least happy?
    Katharine: Now.

Almásy: And what do you hate most?
    Katharine: A lie. And you?
    Almásy: Ownership. I hate being owned. When you leave, forget me.

Almásy: There is no God, but I hope someone watches over you.

Katharine: Do you think you are the only one who feels anything?

Katharine: Promise me you'll come back for me.
    Almásy: I promise, I'll come back for you. I promise, I'll never leave you.

Almásy: Every night I cut out my heart. But in the morning it was full again.

Almásy: New lovers are nervous and tender, but smash everything. For the heart is an organ of fire.
  9. Princess_Skywalker_ Jedi Youngling

star 4
    American Beauty

CAROLYN: You're old enough to learn the most important lesson in life: you cannot count on anyone except yourself. It's sad, but the sooner you learn it, the better off you'll be.

RICKY: Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world I feel like I can't take it, like my heart's going to cave in.

LESTER: I guess I could be pretty pissed off about what happened to me, but it's hard to be angry when there's so much beauty in the world. Sometimes, I feel like I'm seeing it all at once, and I can't take it. My heart swells up like a balloon that's about to burst. But then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold onto it. And then, it flows through me like rain and I feel nothing but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life. You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry. You will someday.
  10. MexChewie Jedi Master

star 4
    In honor of the Movie coming out on DVD today:

My name is Eric Stratton, rush chairman. I'm damn glad to meet you.
    That was Eric Stratton, and he was damn glad to meet you.
  11. Princess_Skywalker_ Jedi Youngling

star 4
    "The time has come for someone to put his foot down, and that foot is me."
    Just call me the foot. :p

"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

Perhaps we should make the next PFF party a TOGA one?? [face_devil]
  12. Princess_Skywalker_ Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Footloose:

Rusty: He's from out of town and don't tell me that doesn't curl your toes Ariel, I know you too well. You want out of here so bad you probably memorize bus schedules.

Ariel: Do you wanna kiss me?
    Ren: Someday.
    Ariel: Hey what is this someday %$&#?
    Ren: I get the feeling you've been kissed a lot. I'm afraid I'd suffer by comparison.
    Ariel: You don't think much of me, do you?

Willard: Hey, I came with that girl.
    Guy: Well it doesn't look like you're leaving with her.

Ariel: What's the matter?
    Ren: You're beautiful.

Willard: Look I told you, I promised Rusty no fights tonight. (he proceeds to take a beating without fighting back at all)
    Rusty: Oh Willard.
    Willard:(on the ground) What do you want me to do Rusty?
    Rusty: KILL THE SON OF A $%#@&!
  13. Princess_Skywalker_ Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Alan Rickmany goodness :D

"There will be no foolish wand waving or silly incantations in this class..."

"I can teach you how to bewitch the mind, and ensnare the senses. I can teach you how to bottle fame, brew glory, and even put a stopper on death."

"Clearly, fame isn't everything"

"Weasley's wand causes devastation with the simplest spells. We'll be sending Potter to the hospital wing in a matchbox."

"Just because something's fixed, doesn't mean it can't be broken."

"By Grabthar's hammer, you shall be avenged!"

"MINERS, not MINORS!"

"It's "Scene-Stealing Hack," thank you."

"I see you've managed to get your shirt off."

"You broke the ship! You broke the bloody ship!"

"Details. Stop a couple of angels from entering and thus negating all existence. God, I hate when people need it spelled out for them."

"The way I understand it, it's mostly a joke down here, too."

"You people! If there isn't a movie about it, it's not worth knowing about, is it?"

"Tell a person that you're the Metatron and they stare at you blankly. Mention something out of a Charlton Heston movie and suddenly everybody is a theology scholar!"

"Well, I say we get drunk, because I'm all out of ideas."

"I have described Mr. Willoughby as the worst of libertines."

"Well at least I didn't use a spoon!"

"You! My room. 10:30 tonight. You! 10:45... And bring a friend."

"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings, and call off Christmas!"

"I wanted this to be professional. Efficient, adroit, cooperative, not a lot to ask. Alas, your Mr. Takagi did not see it that way, so he won't be joining us for the rest of his life."

"What idiot put you in charge?"

"I am going to count to three, there will not be a four. Give me the code."
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.