main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY Movie Review/Discussion Thread - Movie Spoilers Inside!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by lgtsbr, Jul 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lgtsbr

lgtsbr Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2002
    Hey Everyone

I asked the question about this thread in the social forum and I seemed to get a good response - so here it is.

This is the place where you can discuss any and all movies that have come out in the past, are out now, or will be coming out in the future. The title says it all, spoilers inside. Plots and storylines are free game in here.

Before I turn you loose I want to lay down a couple ground rules right off the bat:

1 - Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. Please remember this when reading or responding to someone's post. Debates are allowed and welcome, as long as they don't turn into personal attacks. Personal attacks will not be tolerated.

2 - Spoilers are going to be all over this thread. If you don't want to know about a certain movie, then please do not read on.

3 - Any and all movies are free game. This is not limited to just Star Wars.

OK everyone ? have at it and remember to have fun ;)

Dave

2. JediAgent

JediAgent Jedi Youngling star 3

May 17, 2002
  3. lgtsbr

lgtsbr Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2002
    did you go without us???

4. Otto_den_Ktulu

Otto_den_Ktulu North Ridge Event Coordinator star 5

Jan 19, 2002
    Not really interested in seeing it. The first one didn't impress me, and I doubt the second will. The first was just Angelina Jolie running around kicking butt in a huge wonder bra, with silly little side plots that didn't really go anywhere. The second doesn't look like it'll be much different

5. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2001
    If you like Zombie films, go see 28 Days later. Even if you do not like Zombie movies go see 28 Days. Its not your average Zombie film. They are not really Zombies anyway. Its about an experiment about a man made virus called rage which is given to monkeys to test the results. They want to study the effects so they can better understand rage in humans or something like that. Some PETA dudes come and rescue the monkeys and they end up giving rage to humans which just want to rip other humans apart. This turns Europe into a big ghost town. The scenes of this are just plain scary. I do not want to give to much away. The way the movie was shot was brilliant. Its what Indi Pictures are good for. They look really Gritty and cheap when only filmed with camcorders. These things do wonders this type of film. It starts out pretty straight forward in story but there is a bit of a plot twist which sort of detracted from the whole film for a whole but was interesting anyway. It portrayed a message that was important to the picture its self if you thought about it. It almost could have been a subject for another film to be based on. Anyway if you are looking for a lot of gore and killing you may be disappointed as 28 Days later contains some very extreme scenes but they are fewer then other similar films I have seen. Its very good with a strong plot. I give it a 7.5

6. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

May 27, 2001
    I will be seeing Kill Bill tomorrow. Another Live action Eastern and Anime inspired movie. That's all I need to know. Oh yeah and the Girls fighting with swords. And lots of blood I hear. I have been waiting for this one. Another cool movie that will be coming out is Alien. Yes!!!! Alien Directors cut. Not only being released, but on the Big Screen no less. I am so there. I just read it in Premier Magazine. Don't know when though. Super Cool!!!!!

7. CONFUZED

CONFUZED Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 3, 2003
    Does this mean Dave has to take me to a movie so I can join in the conversations too??? ;)

8. Otto_den_Ktulu

Jan 19, 2002
    I saw Kill Bill yesterday. It's one of the most insane movies I've ever seen. More action packed than Crouching Tiger, and about 4 times as goary as TTT. One awesome movie. It's funny, goary, and messes with your head all at the same time. There's even some anime in it ;)

9. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

May 27, 2001
    If you notice the use of his Shaw Scope logo in the beginning. I think that's what it said. Like the old Toho Scope Logo and stuff, anyway that's for the Shaw Brothers style that he uses. I have not seen any of their films but I have heard plenty about them. Insane fighting with lots of spray and splatter. Its got a cool retro feel throughout I totally love. The retro Feature Presentation notice at the beginning was a good touch. Then there is the anime sequence for O-Ren, and the music. I wonder if we will be told her name in the second half. I have a feeling though that we will only know her by her code name or her title "the Bride" I cannot say enough about the film, and that's just the first half. I have to see it again.

10. BWD912zeta

BWD912zeta Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 26, 2002
  11. Otto_den_Ktulu

Jan 19, 2002
    I can't spell, leave me alone and get urself to a meeting, punk.

12. RogueSquadronWingnut

RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2002
    One week till Texas Chainsaw Massacre!

LEATHERFACE!!!
    LEATHERFACE!!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.