main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Movie Title style ?

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by RIPLEY426, Sep 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RIPLEY426

RIPLEY426 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 28, 2003
    I would like to create SUCH a title:

The title of my Movie is "DARK MOON 2" the "2" should be two stripes, like a raptor claw scratched them between and OVER the "DARK" and the "MOON". But there is a dream, that I alreaddy had when I made the first film "DARK MOON". Now i would like to have a kind of a 3D title. Which should be like this:

The sides of the letters slowly appear on screen: like this:
    (Final view:)
    DARK MOON
    //
    here an explanation: the dots show the places where the letter´s sides apear later...
    the "I"s are the letter´s sides that alreaddy appear, (faded in)

1. fade in:

...I ....

2. fade in:

...I ..I.

3. fade in:

I..I ..I.

4. fade in:

I..I I.I.

5. fade in:

I.II I.I.

6. fade in:

I.II I.II

7. fade in:

IIII I.II

8. fade in:

IIII IIII

now, when each of the letter sides are faded in one after another (different time between fading in) each letter SIDE becomes the REAL letter, by turning the letter itsself:

IIII IIII

2. turn letter arround (3D)-move

DIII IIIN

3. turn letter arround (3D)-move

DIII MIIN

4. turn letter arround (3D)-move

DIIK MIIN

5. turn letter arround (3D)-move

DAIK MIIN

6. turn letter arround (3D)-move

DAIK MION

7. turn letter arround (3D)-move

DARK MION

8. turn LAST letter arround (3D)-move

DARK MOON

Now, when "DARK MOON" finally can be read on screen, after a few seconds the TWO is scratched between the "DARK" and the "MOON" like here:

as well as in the beginning of Jurassic Park three, you know how I mean? Then, after all of this

DARK MOON
    //

can be seen, and the film starts. the two is scratched over the letters form above. SO. my only title generator is the one which is within Pinnacle Studio 8. SO, could you help me doing this like i told you??? Would be GREAT!!!!!!!!! And another thing. The letters have the smae style as the one you can see on the big pic on the link above... THANKSSSSSSSSSS

2. Darth_Redicolous

Darth_Redicolous Jedi Youngling star 3

May 4, 2002
    I'll give it a try. I don't promise anything, though. I'm not sure exactly what you're after. I haven't seen Jurassic Park 3. And if I do this, how much are you willing to pay me? :D

Or download blender and try to do it yourself. :)

3. RIPLEY426

Apr 28, 2003
    I try it at the moment. The 3D thing can´t be done by me, but I the main aspect (that the viwer doesn´t emediatly know the title cause it´s slowly coming to be seen... Well okay, I will PAY you lets say... attention?
    ;-) no, if you want to try it, do. would be great! well okay, if not, do not, But if, i´d be thankful :) I´ll post MY try then.. If I can

4. Jedi_Spiff

Jedi_Spiff Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 2, 2003
    When you say "kind of 3D" do you mean the letters being fully-3D models, or do you mean 2-D letters moving around in 3-D space with shadows, lighting and other crazy stuff?

If 2-D letters themselves (in legit 3D space) are your wish, then After Effects 6 can do this REALLY easily. Heck - I've used it for at most 5 hours, and I'm pretty confident I could come up with something like that within a week. I don't have time to do it... but you could probably do it yourself easily if you get/have AE6. The text stuff seems really powerful.

-Spiff

5. RIPLEY426

Apr 28, 2003
    yes, thanks for the advice. It should be 3D. I found 2 other possibilties of realizing it. one. Darth Redicolous helps me.
    two. I do it with Microsoft PAINT and Studio 8.... framing each letter itself you know.. the little finger stuff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.