main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Idaho Movies of 2009 Thread

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by cmdrwillard, Jan 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cmdrwillard

cmdrwillard Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 6, 2003
    I just saw "Taken" last night.

That movie just plain rocked. Liam Neeson did things in that movie that Jack Bauer would have thought was extreme. Darn good movie. And yes its true, you don't want to **** with a Jedi master.

2. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
  3. Amma_rose

Amma_rose Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 30, 2005
    I'm looking to see Star Trek in May... Greywolf Station is still in the works of possibly planning something for it, but we are planning on dressing in the costumes from TOS.

4. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    yeah I think Star Trek is probably the movie I look forward to the most this year. Think JJ Abrams is finally doing a great Trek film.

5. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    If you get out on the web and look the Super Bowl commerical trailer for "G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra" is out there to view. The glimpse they give you is pretty spectacular. This is the other movie I am highly anticipating this year.

6. Amma_rose

Amma_rose Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 30, 2005
    Well three of the teaser/trailers that was saw.. G.I.Joe, Transformers, and Star Trek, all three looked great, Capt. Mom aka Kamino 1 ;) was surprised that she wanted to go see it because she grew up with the Original Series when it was new so she wasn't quite sure about it to begin with. We were watching G.I.Joe trailer and that looks REALLY cool, and Transformers we're already in agreement to see it before the teaser, I don't remember if there were others cause I was in the middle of NPC creations for an RP that I'm putting together. (R.I.P) XP

7. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
  8. rlevtzow

rlevtzow Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2003
    Caprica? Headed to DVD
    February 6, 2009 by Michael Hickerson || Category: On DVD, TV

Anxious to see the two-hour premiere of the ?Battlestar Galactica? prequel, ?Caprica?? If so, we?ve got good news for you.

Universal will release the two-hour pilot movie on DVD later this year. The DVD is set to hit stores and will be available for digital download on April 21.

Here?s some more information on the release:

THE HIGHLY ANTICIPATED FEATURE-LENGTH PREQUEL TO

THE SERIES PHENOMENON, ?BATTLESTAR GALACTICA?

PREMIERING EXCLUSIVELY ON DVD AND DIGITAL DOWNLOAD

CAPRICA

APRIL 21, 2009

FROM THE EXECUTIVE PRODUCERS OF

SCI FI CHANNEL?S ?BATTLESTAR GALACTICA?

RONALD D. MOORE AND DAVID EICK AND

UNIVERSAL STUDIOS HOME ENTERTAINMENT

Universal City, Calif. (February 5, 2009) Caprica, the highly anticipated prequel to ?Battlestar Galactica,? will enjoy its world premiere exclusively on DVD on April 21, 2009 from Universal Studios Home Entertainment. In a groundbreaking move sure to delight fans of the long-running television phenomenon, the feature-length prequel will be available on DVD as a limited-edition uncut and unrated version before the series? broadcast premiere on the

SCI FI Channel in 2010. Caprica is executive produced by Ronald D. Moore and David Eick (?Battlestar Galactica?) and Remi Aubuchon (?24?). Exclusive bonus features that take viewers behind the scenes of the creation of Caprica make this DVD a landmark event for any fan of ?Battlestar Galactica.? The film will also be available at selected online destinations for digital download transactions.

As ?Battlestar Galactica? wraps its gripping final season on SCI FI on March 20, 2009, Caprica begins a brand new epic saga that continues the franchise?s commitment to thought-provoking storytelling and extraordinary characters. Set over 50 years before the events of ?Battlestar Galactica,? Caprica is a world at the peak of its power, grappling with new science and technologies and the issues they create. The series will star Golden Globe nominee Eric Stoltz (Mask, Pulp Fiction), Esai Morales (?Jericho,? ?NYPD Blue?), Paula Malcomson (?Deadwood? ?ER?) and Golden Globe® nominee Polly Walker (?Cane,? ?Rome?) in a story laced with passion, intrigue and family conflict.

?We are thrilled to take the groundbreaking step of offering the world-premiere of the Caprica feature-length extended pilot episode on DVD prior to the new series? television debut,? said Hilary Hoffman, Senior Vice President, Brand and Digital Marketing for Universal Studios Home Entertainment. ?This innovative distribution model will serve to satisfy ?Battlestar Galactica? fans? appetites for a new content while building excitement for the franchise?s next great adventure.?

?Ever since fans first caught wind of the ?Battlestar Galactica? prequel Caprica, they have been eagerly following its development,? said Mark Stern, Executive Vice President, Original Programming for SCI FI & Co-Head Original Content, Universal Cable Productions. ?We wanted to give them a chance to see the pilot in its original form and experience the prequel to the BSG story while that series? finale was still ringing in their ears. It also affords the creative team an unprecedented chance to get viewers feedback before production on the Caprica series begins this summer.?

?If ?Battlestar Galactica? offered us a way to shatter the conventions of space opera, Caprica will be a show which will challenge the conventions of science fiction storytelling as a whole,? said Ronald D. Moore, Executive Producer/Writer.

?Part sweeping soap, part meditation on the dangerous moral ramifications of artificial intelligence, this is a truly unique opportunity to continue telling stories which will be as daring and shocking as the best of ?Galactica? ? and yet will be altogether different from ?Galactica,?? said David Eick, Executive Producer.

Universal Cable Productions will begin production on the ?Caprica? series in the summer of 2009 in Vancouver for a 2010 television premiere on the SciFi Channel. The DVD of Caprica is priced

9. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    Ron and I saw Friday the 13th last night, I have actually seen it twice now. I actually liked it alot. First horror remake that felt alot like its preceding films. Cool seeing the new Transformers trailer as well.

10. Kasey_Kenobi

Kasey_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Feb 2, 2006
    I think I've finally given up on horror films. They're all the same.

BTW, if anyone wants a full theatrical poster for Superman III and IV I'm giving them away.

11. Darth-Viper3k

Darth-Viper3k Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 17, 2005
    This is probably a random title that is going to completely crash and burn.. but I'm thinkin bout going to see the Live Action Dragon Ball Z movie.

I know it's going to suck... it doesn't look like it'll be all that great from what I've seen in the trailers... but *shrug* meh I'll at least see it. Now if I see it in theaters or in a bootleg.. or on TV is another story... haha

12. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    Anyone seeing Watchman this Friday? I'm going to the 8pm at Edwards that night. Looks interesting for sure.

13. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    I will go friday night. Dont know alot about the story, but it looks interesting

14. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    Movies I'm super stoked about:

X-men Origins: Wolverine
    Star Trek (yep, it looks good)
    Terminator: Salvation
    Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

Any other big ones I'm missing???

15. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
  16. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    RIGHT! What's the date on this one again?

17. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
  18. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    Harry Potter 6

19. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
  20. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
  21. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003

no message

22. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    I'm going to Wolverine at the Majestic Friday night at 9:35pm. Anyone interested in catching this showtime?

23. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
  24. Psxjedi76

Psxjedi76 FanForce Chapter Rep star 4 VIP

Apr 2, 2002
    normaly i would but that is our scheduled RPG night we already put it off a week. and i am looking forward for the game.

So i worked it out i can got to work early on saturday and come in later on friday so i am planing on going to the midnight show for wolverine. thursday night friday morning.

25. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.