main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto Movies of interest 2009...

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by grey_starr, Sep 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Commander_Ducky

Commander_Ducky Jedi Master star 3

Nov 5, 2008
    hmm... dragonball evoloution. i dunno. it looks... not so good IMO

2. grey_starr

grey_starr Jedi Master star 4

Jan 22, 2004
    I saw it with Leisa last week... We really enjoyed it!! It was very good! It was funny, lots of action, accurate enough, and at no point disapointed. I recomend it. :)

3. grey_starr

Jan 22, 2004
    Updated some dates, added a few movies...

Angels vs Demons was okay. Obi-Wan did a good job being bad.

Terminator was great, I really enjoyed it. Though it had some weird things about it. Like Fires in the Rain, but needing to fine dry things to burn? In the same scene? Flame retardant clothes - and hair! etc

4. Commander_Ducky

Nov 5, 2008
    lol, ummm... you DO realise fire in the rain is completely plausible, right?

o saw Star Treck a couple weeks ago, it was FANTASTIC!!!!!!!

5. grey_starr

Jan 22, 2004
    This was a little more random and frequent to be plausible... that and it went with the line of "get some dry wood so we can start a fire".

6. grey_starr

Jan 22, 2004
    Saw Wolverine again this week... turns out there are different post credit endings! I have seen 2 out of the supposed 3...

Sorry if this spoils... but it is well known all over the net.

1st - We see the sword drawn back into Deadpools arm, then the head where the eyes open and says "Shhhh"
    2nd - Has Wolverine in a Japanese bar having a drink "Are you drinking to forget?" - "No, I am drinking to remember"
    3rd - apparently has Wolverine encounter Deadpool "Who're you supposed to be?"

Also... I saw Up last night. It was VERY good. There were 11 of us, 4 adults and 7 kids. Huge Success - and there are great Star Wars references! Score!

7. Spiderfan

Spiderfan Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 9, 2004
    IIRC there are only the two endings, and there are several rumoured variations that fans have been posting about. But there should only be Wolverine in the Bar in Japan and Deadpool's severed head breaking the fourth wall...each of which was placed there for the intended spinoffs/sequels to this movie (ie Wolverine 2 and Deadpool).

8. grey_starr

Jan 22, 2004
    I can not lie, 2010 is shaping up to be quite the year for movies! Especially animations... I'll have to make my list soon so I can be ready!

9. Commander_Ducky

Nov 5, 2008
    oh, i saw up two weeks ago. fantastic! it was deffinatly one of those "super awsome one of the greatest movies ever, and an instant classic" Pixar movies :D oooooh, you are making another list? post it again when you finish it :D

10. grey_starr

Jan 22, 2004
    GI Joe is next! Odds are I'll be doing an "event" to see it. I have been on Facebook, but I suppose I should be posting here as well eh? Odds are it'll be the AMC Courtney Park for 12:01 on the Thursday 6th - unless the release date changes... then of course so will the movie night ;)

11. grey_starr

Jan 22, 2004
    Gi Joe was quite fun... I must see it again and play spot the iKon (a product I helped design at work)

District 9 was really good... but I can't way it was actually something I'd want to see it again... it's more a case of "yep, seen it... what's next?"

12. Styrofoam_Guy

Styrofoam_Guy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    yes GI Joe is a movie to see again

District 9 was very good but disturbing so recommended but like Dan said not something I want to see twice in a short time span

13. Commander_Ducky

Nov 5, 2008
    So, what was so good about gi joe, and why do you want to see it again?

And grey, what Ikons would you be spotting?:confused:

14. grey_starr

Jan 22, 2004
    Gi-Joe was a fun movie... good action, some humour, neat backgrounds.

The iKon is a product I helped design at my company (still doing work on it in fact). I was told by sales here that the prop Dept of Gi-Joe was sent 2 units to use in the movie.

[image=http://www.psionteklogix.com/static/Images/products/Ikon_Product_Home_Main_Versatile-rugged-PDAs_01.jpg]

http://www.psionteklogix.com/us/products/handheld/ikon.htm

15. Commander_Ducky

Nov 5, 2008
    I still don'ot get what exactly it is. A phone?
    You helped design it? What do you do for a living?

16. grey_starr

Jan 22, 2004
    lol ... then I can tell you did not follow the link and read anything :p ... It's an industrial PDA (Phone, Scanner, GPS, Net, etc etc etc) that can get dropped, wet, kicked, etc etc etc.

I am a Mechanical Designer. So I helped design it so it could be made.

17. Commander_Ducky

Nov 5, 2008
    I did folow the link, and I did read stuff. I just didn't realy read what it WAS. I saw the functions, but not what it realy was.

Oh, that's a cool job!

18. grey_starr

Jan 22, 2004
    Wonder if anyone has seen Ninja Assassin yet...

19. Styrofoam_Guy

Jul 28, 2003
    I heard it got bad reviews. Surprising considering the directors but then again the last Matrix wasn't so good.

20. Commander_Ducky

Nov 5, 2008
    I didn't go see Ninja Assasian. It looked... not so great.

I just saw Avatar yesterday; it was awsome. It was visually stnuning[when watched in 3D], and the story was quite good/intruiging/enjoyable as well. It's deffinatly a movie to see on the big screen.

I'm super annoyed because I want to see The Imaginatorium of Dr Parnassus reeealy bad, but it's not playing anywhere around where I live. WTF?!

21. Styrofoam_Guy

Jul 28, 2003
    I saw AVATAR in 3D Imax and it was great. This is what the prequels should have been. What they can do now is amazing if you have the $$$

22. Commander_Ducky

Nov 5, 2008
    And also If you have 4-10 years more of improving efects technologie...

BTW, ILM did lots of the effects/CGI for Avatar ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.