main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

O.C, CA Movies that DON'T need a sequel

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by crazybirdman, Jun 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Whether the movie was perfect and doesn't need to be added to, or was crap and we are trying to forget about it.
    This way, when Hollywood is thinking of making a sequel they can check with us here first.

2. MALICE_MIZER

MALICE_MIZER Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 10, 2003
    Great idea for a thread, James. *Cracks knuckles*

There's going to be a 'Tomb Raider' sequel? Why? The first movie was toilet.

3. LordJedi

LordJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 15, 2001
    Yeah, but dude, it's Angelina Jolie. Do you need more than that?

4. Anakin_Skywalker_X

Anakin_Skywalker_X Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 9, 2002
    Um...I hate to say it but am I the only one here that thinks making another Indiana Jones movie is a bad idea?

5. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    I could stand to see another Indy movie if it was done well. I have no idea how they would do that though.

Battlefield Earth 2? What is the reasoning behind this? Didn't the first one crash & burn?

6. Jedi-Loreen

Jedi-Loreen Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2002
    They made a sequel to Battlefield Earth? Why?! ?[face_plain]

7. Kaui-Gone-Jim

Kaui-Gone-Jim Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 19, 2002
    Loreen, maybe John Travolta needs the work? lol :eek:

Good MTDNAS - Who Framed Roger Rabbit
    Bad MTDNAS - Battle Beyond the Stars

8. MALICE_MIZER

Jan 10, 2003
    What's with the million sequels to 'Land Before Time'? Wasn't just the one good enough? I think the franchise is up to 8 or 9, no kids I know watch them, and the films have degenerated into Sesame Street. What garbage.

9. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    HA! My friends mom works for that company. She says the plan is to make 16 total. 16!!!
    Who could possibly still be interested in those dinos?

Speaking of animated, pretty much every Disney sequel was bad. And how many times are they going to remake Freaky Friday?

10. MALICE_MIZER

Jan 10, 2003
    Any Disney animated, straight-to-video sequel is always just an absolute disgrace. Plus, I think there were 3-4 'Aladdin' video sequels. Give me Toy Story 2 anytime, though. Now THAT was done right!

11. MALICE_MIZER

Jan 10, 2003
    I'd really like to see a genuine sequel to 'Return of the Jedi'. Mind you, none of that Thrawn nonsense, but an actual follow up depicting just exactly WHAT the rebels did with the galaxy after they won it back from the Empire. All cheering aside, I'd like to see why it was just so absolutely important to get Princess Leia her tiara back. Call me crazy, but I'm just not convinced the Rebellion really had a game plan for how they would govern an entire post-Imperial universe.

But don't mind me, I'm just a devout Imperial supporter and loyal Seperatist.

12. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    Call me crazy, but I'm just not convinced the Rebellion really had a game plan for how they would govern an entire post-Imperial universe.

This is really off-topic, but I just have to respond :)

I'm sure they had a plan. You win the war and arrest all the high ranking guys (Grand Moff's, General's) in the military for war crimes. It would probably be along the same lines as WWII. A new government would immediately be put in place using officers that were members of the Alliance. Then you'd have elections every 4 years or so (whatever the time period would be in Star Wars) and that's that. Obviously a council would probably be created as well to watch over the government's actions. Remember, at the time that Palpatine comes to power, nothing like that had happened before, so there was no precedent. Now that there is, they can be sure to keep a closer watch on what the governments doing, good and bad.

Back to the topic. Dude, Where's My Car? That movie does not need a sequel, but I guess they're making one. No, I never saw it. I don't see the need to see a movie about a guy looking for his car. Come to think of it, none of the reality movies need sequels either (think Jackass or The Real Cancun). Once is bad enough.

13. MALICE_MIZER

Jan 10, 2003
    I've NEVER walked out of a movie, or even asked for my ticket money back. I've never thought ticket prices, like music, should be refundable. Movies are always a crapshoot to me, you balance the word-of-mouth and the reviews, then you roll the bones and go see it for yourself.

'Dude, Where's My Car?' is my only exception, the very first film I deemed absolutely UNWATCHABLE. To hear that 'Seriously, Dude, Where's My Car?' is in production now is horribly dissapointing.

I think any of Alfred Hitchcock's movies would never need a sequel. 'Psycho', 'Rear Window', and even 'North by Northwest', were all solitary stories that wrapped themselves up nicely at the end. It would be a travesty to attempt to add to what I believe are perfect films. Yes, I'm a movie geek.

14. starwars6554

starwars6554 Jedi Master star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    Um...Scary Movie didn't really need a sequel. And neither does Legally Blonde.

15. MALICE_MIZER

Jan 10, 2003
    Thank you.

16. SRB_Jedi_Knight

SRB_Jedi_Knight Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    I would have to say :

Dumb and Dumber!

I mean it was lame as it was why go and make the stupid sequel?

17. Jedi-Loreen

Jedi-Loreen Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2002
    Ah, but the did make sequels to 'Psycho', one with Henry Thomas. And they were not good, though I did find some of the "background" on Norman Bates nominally interesting.

18. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    There are a lot of movies that didn't do well in theaters, but are doing amazingly well on video, cult hits I guess you'd call them. None of them need sequels. Uh, Office Space, and Nightmare Before Christmas are the first 2 that come to mind, but I know there's more.

Oh yeah,remember Toy Story 2 was a Pixar movie, Disney just distributed it. 102 Dalmations? We didn't need that.

19. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    I mean it was lame as it was why go and make the stupid sequel?

Prequel you mean ;)

Um...Scary Movie didn't really need a sequel. And neither does Legally Blonde.

Scary Movie I agree with, but Reese Witherspoon is pretty and Legally Blonde actually looks funny to me :) Sure, I dread a sequel to it, but even the sequel does look funny.

20. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    They are making a 3rd Scary movie, and the list of cameos is insane. Just think, someday soon you'll be able to go into the store and say "I'd like scary movie trilogy DVD box set please"

21. Sith_241

Sith_241 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    its the same idea that spaceballs put up about sequels.
    Spaceballs 2 "the search for more money"

22. Kaui-Gone-Jim

Kaui-Gone-Jim Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 19, 2002
    Malice - there's a sequel coming to 'Dude, where's my car"? :eek:
    Why, oh Why, do you mock us, ye gods of the siver screen (or is that 'silver-scream'? ;) )

Honestly, I think the Charlies Angels Full Throttle looks TOTALLY un-necessary...

(once again, the gods are laughing at us wee, silly mortals)

23. starwars6554

starwars6554 Jedi Master star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    That and, on the soundtrack, they're using Thunderstruck by AC DC! :eek:

Isn't there a law against using good songs on crappy movie soundtracks or something? :p

24. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    It's up to the band to be responsible enough to know what they are signing. Maybe AC DC missed some fine print somewhere.

25. MALICE_MIZER

Jan 10, 2003
    I find it really strange that so many of you do not like the idea of 'Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle'. I, for one, enjoyed the first film as a campy, lighthearted, humorous adventure. The only thing I find disappointing about the sequel is the lack of Bill Murray. Don't get me wrong: I love Bernie Mac, but you can't beat Murray. I'll be checking out 'Full Throttle', and hopefully it'll be strong.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.