main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

O.C, CA Movies that DON'T need a sequel

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by crazybirdman, Jun 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    I didn't hate the first movie. I might even see the second one.
    But I'm just tired of movies that are an excuse to show women in skimpy clothes. Or guys with no shirt on.
    I'm also tired or wire stunts. It's been done, a lot, let's move on to the next trick.

Is Crispin Glover in the sequel or not? I keep hearing different things from different people. If he's in it, I'll see it for sure.

2. dustinbrewer

dustinbrewer Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 8, 2002
    predator 2 = peeeeeeuuuuuu :( :p

3. Sith_241

Sith_241 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    Fast and the Furious doesnt need a sequel.

4. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    I hear they are making a sequel to the remake of Ocean's 11.
    I'm gonna say that any movie that is a remake, or a blatant rip off of another movie, doesn't need a sequel. That includes parody's also.

5. MALICE_MIZER

MALICE_MIZER Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 10, 2003
    Rob Scneider's 'Deuce Bigalow: Electric Gigolo' is out in 2004. Why? Just why?

6. LordJedi

LordJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 15, 2001
    Heh, I guess we won't be seeing a sequel to Hollywood Homicide :p

7. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    While normally I would agree with you, these days it seems like anything is fair game. I Didn't think Daredevil was that great, but it's getting a sequel and a spinoff.

Just saw 12 Monkeys again, that doens't need a sequel. It was perfect the way it is.

8. Kaui-Gone-Jim

Kaui-Gone-Jim Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 19, 2002
    I'm tempted to see T3, but it seemed that T2 ended the story rather well.

At least I heard that Ah-nold refuses to do a T4... "I am your new guvahnor - bow down all you girly-men!"

9. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    I'm tempted to see T3, but it seemed that T2 ended the story rather well.

T2 did end the story pretty well, except, like the first, something was left behind: the arm. I'm sure some kind of reference will be made to it in T3. And even if they don't, the latest trailers have looked a hell of a lot better than the first trailer.

10. Silent_Bob_West

Silent_Bob_West Jedi Master star 2

May 19, 2002
    Weekend at Bernie's never should have had a Part 1 let alone two sequels. The same goes for Short Circuit.
    And I know there are Many ewok Fans here. I think there should only have been one Ewok Adventure. ZZZZZZZ!

11. Bant428

Bant428 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2002
    Disney seriously overdoes the sequel thing.

12. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    You're not looking forward to Dumbo II, or Mulan II [face_shocked] ?
    I'm sure they will be just as good as the other Disney sequels, . . oh wait

13. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    Disney seriously overdoes the sequel thing.

Disney? I don't really think so. They do maybe one sequel to every movie that's direct to video. Toy Story 2 has been, that I know of, the only exception to this rule. If you want to talk about overdoing sequels, lets look at all the Superman, Rocky, and Jaws movies. Those are seriously overdone. And I've heard they're going to do another Rambo movie too. Ya know, cause of the war on terror and everything.

14. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    You don't think so?
    It's not a question of how often they make a sequel, and not just in theaters. Their list of direct to video sequels is massive.
    Just animated, there was a sequel to Fantasia, Cinderella, Peter Pan, Lady & the Tramp, 101 Dalmations, The Jungle book, Winnie the Pooh (Ugh), The rescuers, Hunchback, Pocahontas, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast x2, Aladdinx2, Lion King, Mulan, Tarzan.

And a sequel to Lilo & Stitch, Dumbo, Mulan and the Lion King are all on the way.

And remember Toy Story is a Pixar film, Disney just distributed it.

15. dustinbrewer

dustinbrewer Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 8, 2002
    alien & aliens, very good.

alien3 and resurrection very bad.

imo of course :)

16. Kaui-Gone-Jim

Aug 19, 2002
    I actually liked Sigourney Weaver's performance in 'Resurrection' (with alien DNA in her, the new Ripley was even better equipped to survive). I agree that the movie generally stank, though. :(

I saw 'The Hulk' on Friday and much enjoyed it (very moody and dark). It ended (of course) open to a sequel, but I hope they don't make any. The one movie was enough, IMO.

17. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    I saw 'The Hulk' on Friday and much enjoyed it (very moody and dark). It ended (of course) open to a sequel, but I hope they don't make any.

Heh. I expect that they'll make at least 1 sequel to The Hulk. They're doing a sequel to Spiderman, there's an X-Men 3 in the works, might as well have a second Hulk. And with opening weekend estimates running at about $62 million, I see little reason why they wouldn't do a sequel.

18. Kaui-Gone-Jim

Aug 19, 2002
    Barry, you are right - if Hulk makes bank, a sequel is likely a sure thing... But please, oh god no, please - no sequel for Justin To Kelly! :) :eek: LOL

BTW - just saw Bruce Almighty and when Bruce got the godly control, it was like he had Super Force powers to the max!
    One of the funniest LMAO movies ever.
    (... if they make a sequel, they will come!)

19. EMK

EMK Jedi Youngling star 1

May 18, 2002
    The Crow (Crow 2.. why was it ever done ?[face_plain] )

Crocodile Dundee (Crocodile Dundee in Los Angeles (the first one was bad enough )

20. Kaui-Gone-Jim

Aug 19, 2002
    The original 'Planet of the Apes' was good (and I do like Tim Burton's remake too) - all the sequels were sucky. Like a copy, of a copy, of a...

21. AT-ST_DRIVER

AT-ST_DRIVER Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 1, 2001
    Star Wars didn't need a sequel. All this EU talk is garbage. The Empire Strikes Back? Rubbish! Return of the Jedi? Blasphemy!

:p kidding, of course.

on a more serious note, Batman did NOT need a sequel. I didn't mind the first two, but Batman Forever and Batman & Robin were just crap.

22. ApertureCaged

ApertureCaged Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 6, 2003
    Back to the Future - Part 4.
    Dude, Where's My Car 2.
    Rush Hour 3.
    Scary Movie 3.
    Blair Witch 3.

23. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    Back to the Future - Part 4.
    Dude, Where's My Car 2.
    Rush Hour 3.
    Scary Movie 3.
    Blair Witch 3.

Uh, according to IMDB, the middle three in that list are currently in production. I don't expect to see a BTTF 4 though, they tied it up perfectly.

24. ApertureCaged

ApertureCaged Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 6, 2003
    According to many sources online, All of those that I mentioned will be made.
    I listed them because they don't deserve to be made.

25. Kaui-Gone-Jim

Aug 19, 2002
    Any Kubrick film...

'2010' was a decent sci-fi film, but it aint the classic that '2001' was (and always will be).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.