main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Movies That Reduce You To Tears

Discussion in 'Community' started by Mortimer Snerd, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Martoto77

Martoto77 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 6, 2016
    The Life And Death Of Colonel Blimp (just thinking about it)
    Superman : The Movie
    Das Boot
    E.T.
    Close Encounters Of The Third Kind
    The Pacific (final episode)
    It's A Wonderful Life

There's many more.

The appearance of Luke at the end of The Force Awakens got me the second time and once or twice since then,

2. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    Dumbo
    Railway Children
    Million Dollar Baby

oh and that bit in Toy Story 2 where Jessie tells her story , god it broke me in bits .

Mortimer Snerd likes this.
  3. Scapro Tyler

Scapro Tyler Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 17, 2015

Ditto.

4. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
    This was posted to the YouTube thread today.

JoinTheSchwarz and Martoto77 like this.
  5. Martoto77

Aug 6, 2016

Thank you , " V-V-M "! (link to my favourite track by your abbreviated namesake)

tom likes this.
  6. Violent Violet Menace

Aug 11, 2004
    The hell was that?! :p

7. Martoto77

Aug 6, 2016
    Just an act that remixes songs to sound like the artist recorded them into a walkman with flat batteries while hanging upside down with their heads in a toilet.

^:)^

Violent Violet Menace and tom like this.
  8. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    Up is a remarkable one because it has you crying within 10 minutes with just a montage and music , I remember the first time I saw it and when that music melody shifts and you know what's happened and you feel like you've seen a whole life .

9. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998

When they cut from the nursery to the doctor's office and she's crying and he looks so lost... :_|

10. Martoto77

Aug 6, 2016
    Oh god - Toy Story 3!!!!

Sith_Sensei__Prime and Sarge like this.
  11. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    I know it's already been said, like, fifty times, but the beginning of Up.

The end of The Wrath Of Kahn

Vader's death in Return Of The Jedi

I cried during San Andreas, when the tsunami was coming, and instead of running, that elderly couple just hugged each other. My cousin made fun of me for it. He just doesn't get it.

When Han Solo died in The Force Awakens

When Yondu died in Guardians Of The Galaxy 2

When George Kirk died in the first Kelvinverse movie

Basically any time somebody is about to die, and uses the time they've got left to tell somebody they care about how they feel.

And no matter what you think about any of these, you can't take away my man card. Because I'm female.

And yes, I know the man card thing is a joke.

Sarge and Martoto77 like this.
  12. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Drop Dead Fred.

I gave my copy to Mark Hamill - Right side, next to the chair.

[​IMG]

13. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    Two words: Bing. Bong.

14. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I forgot about the end of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 with Yondu's death, and how happy Kraglin is to see that everyone showed up for his funeral. That almost gets me every time.

Sarge likes this.
  15. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Crazy coincidence that almost every time I watch a Pixar movie, I am cutting onions.

SuperWatto likes this.
  16. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    There are a couple of scenes from Miracle. This one is the best as it's about breaking down barriers and building a team.

And then there's the scene when the US wins the Gold Medal and Jim Craig is looking for his dad in the crowd as he wants to share the moment because of the death of his mother as noted in the excepts from this article:

Where’s My Father?: The Story of Jim Craig

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
  17. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Add BlackKklansman to the list.

Rogue1-and-a-half likes this.
  18. AutumnLight91

AutumnLight91 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 17, 2018
    Movies that made me cry? Really? Ok

Godzilla that came out in 98 or 99. Whenever it did I cried it died even though it was the baddie all movie. I was a kid.
    Ep.9 of Band of Brothers- Why We Fight
    Les Miserables movie...I hate and love this movie at the same time...
    Saving Private Ryan
    Schindler's List ending
    Lion King? Not sure but it is sad.
    Up beginning. I walked into Blockbuster and they had it on but haven't seen the whole thing. I missed when they first met and saw when they got married as adults. That part is so perfect they could of made that just into a short by itself.
    Mask of the Phantasm. I think I did, not sure.
    I'm sure they're others but I can't member any more.

19. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    New one for my ever expanding list of wet eyes, and it's a ******* HBO doco.

Momentum Generation.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2018
  20. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    Ratatouille
    Inside out
    American Beauty
    Crash

Fifi Kenobi likes this.
  21. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I get moved by certain movies, but in my teenage to adult life, I haven't cried during a movie....yet.

22. Violent Violet Menace

Aug 11, 2004
    A surprising one. Heat, the Michael Mann movie, was on the other day, and I found myself welling up in the scene with the guy on parole who ends up being their driver, as he's talking to his girlfriend in the diner where he works. If, for some reason, you haven't seen Heat, it's about a crew of bank robbers. There's a guy who's not part of their core crew who ends up joining them in the main heist. We're introduced to him as he's pulling up to a diner where he's going to be working while on parole. His girlfriend is with him encouraging him. Before he manages to finish a sentence while introducing himself to his new manager, the manager makes it abundantly clear that he's going to be blackmailing him, working him like a slave, taking half of his pay and tell his parole officer that he's stealing if he doesn't put up with it.

Other things happen in the movie, and the next time we cut back to him, we see that he's basically putting up with his boss' extortion and still being talked to like he's a piece of ****. His girlfriend comes to see him after his shift is over when this conversation happens (language warning):

That dismissive chuckle and look of contempt and disbelief as he says "you're proud of me?" And it's a throwaway character no less.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2018
    Blobofat and Sarge like this.
  23. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Marley and Me (ending); saw it for the first time during a 14+ hour plane ride from Tokyo to NY. Among the biggest mistakes of my life. I was in the lavatory for about a half hour just trying to compose myself.
    Grave of the Fireflies; arguably the saddest animated feature films ever released; and among the most depressing wartime films of either live action or animated ever.
    Your Name; widely popular anime film with a very touching story
    Saving Private Ryan (when the mother of the Ryan boys gets the letter); I'm sorry, but you're not human if you don't shed the waterworks for that scene.
    Schindler's List (ending); whenever I hear the song, "Yerushalyim Shel Zahav" I think of my mom, who always loved it.
    The Tale of Princess Kaguya (ending); a Studio Ghibli film and the last made by Isao Takahata. Damn those moon people!
    *Batteries Not Included; not a typical movie you'd expect on this list, but there were a few scenes that really got to me. That one scene where, after their apartment building was reduced to rubble, Harry is sitting on the stoops in a downtrodden state - and the construction workers turn off their bulldozers and tell the property owner, "when he moves, we move; not 'till then"
    [​IMG]
    And then of course the scene when Faye (Jessica Tandy) breaks down in the hospital when she realizes the truth that her son is gone.
    Shawshank Redemption (scene on the roof where the inmates are relaxing with beers after Andy had made a deal with Hadley to protect his finances); "Want a cold one, Andy?" - waterworks for me.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
  24. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    I watched Dumplin' with the family over the holidays. There were points when my eyes just wouldn't stop watering. (it must have been allegies)

25. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    There's a scene in Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story where Bruce's father is sending him to America because he's been getting in too many fights in Hong Kong (IIRC). And during the scene the father rips opening a picture frame revealing the money he has been saving for his son for this purpose of giving a better life. It bring me to tears as a son of immigrant parents and see the hard work and sacrifices they made, as well as losing my father, it just pushes those emotional buttons.

CT-867-5309 and Blobofat like this.