main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Movies Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Finland' started by Darth_Weirdo, Apr 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Weirdo

Darth_Weirdo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 2, 2002
    This is a place close to the Music Thread, but here you can discuss about movies in general.

You can discuss about upcoming movies and, of course, about those classic films you love. Reviews on movies, actors, directors etc. To put it simple: You can discuss about everything conserning movies.

2. LottDodd

LottDodd Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2002
    Has Anyone seen Willard Yet? Crispin Glover is this Years Yoda, or maybe even Gollum... Most deserving of an Acting Oscar, but who surely will get snubbed. The Guy Emotes his Ass of... He LOVES those Rats. The Movie is Okay... But Crispin Glover Delivers a Virtuoso Performance...

3. LottDodd

Oct 4, 2002
    I also Saw Rob Zombie's "House of 1000 Corpses" the other night... I was soooo Disapointed. Who Would of thought that Rob Zombie could have Screwed up a Horror Film in so many Ways?? It's so bad, it's not even enjoyable. I don't mind if horror movies are bad if they have the "fun" element to them... or they are genuinely scary. This Movie was niether.

4. ISD_Devastator

ISD_Devastator Jedi Master star 4

Oct 11, 2002
    Bad Taste Limited Edition! [face_laugh]
    Best when seen while drinking too much.

5. LottDodd

Oct 4, 2002
    I LOVE Bad Taste... I had an old Video Copy of it from about ten years ago... I was Big into Fangoria Magazine at the time, and they said it was one of the Goriest movies ever... I loved Bad Taste long before I had heard of Peter Jackson... (Other than Loving the Fact that he is eating his Own Brains!!!)

6. Darth_Weirdo

Jul 2, 2002
    I need to see the Bad Taste. Everyone says that it's a cult movie and so on, but I haven't seen it. The funny thing is that I have studied movies and I have made some short films of my own.

7. LottDodd

Oct 4, 2002
    Have You Seen Heavenly Creatures? I think that might just be my Favorite Peter Jackson Movie... Even Edging out Fellowship.

8. Darth_Weirdo

Jul 2, 2002
    Heavenly Creatures? Wasn't that with the two girls killing the other's mother and so on? Kate Winslet in a leading role (from Titanic)... ?[face_plain]

9. LottDodd

Oct 4, 2002
    It is indeed that movie. Kate Winslet's first film. I wan't too stoked to see it at first because of the Winslet Aspect... But it is a beautiful, and frightning movie.

10. KYP_DURRON85

KYP_DURRON85 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 20, 2003
    I am so pissed up!
    I remembered that Bad Taste was good and very bloody film...I remembered wrong...I bought BT on dvd and it suckt!Films quality was owful..It wasnt good as movie...no extras..nothing.Just grappy disk that u can just throw to fire and watch it burn!!

That felt good!Now Im relaxed! :)

11. TheBoogieMan

TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 14, 2001
    heh...at my local video shop there is a horror movie (in the serious section) called Bloodbath at the House of Death - the movie that took guts to make :p

12. Darth_Weirdo

Jul 2, 2002
    My frineds made a "movie" called The Curse of the Undead Dead. It was a funny zombie-movie. Now they're making a sequel for it. [face_plain] Now that takes lots of guts to make. ;)

13. TheBoogieMan

Nov 14, 2001
  14. Tintti

Tintti Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2002
    Matrix Reloaded is coming soon. What do you think about Matrix? I know that ISD hates it, but how about others?

In my opinion, "The Matrix" was a great movie. However, I'm not a big Matrix fan and I don't know how soon I'm going to see Reloaded and Revolutions.

The other thing that came to my mind is: do you like Stanley Kubrick movies? I've seen only "2001 - A Space Odyssey" and "The Shining". I didn't like them; both of them were too slow. I used forward-button almost all the time.

The mad man in "The Shining" was really scary, and I hated him (and the movie). And I still don't understand what happened in the Space Odyssey. The ending of the movie was weird.

15. KYP_DURRON85

Apr 20, 2003
    I'm not big Matrix fan,but I can easily say that there was a great many things better than episode 1! I own the Matrix and first time it didnt seem so good as many people say,but after couple of wiewings I tought it as good scifi-movie...one of the best!!
    I will go to see reloaded,but I dont think that it would give anythin new in the Matrix saga....but if it will I will sertainly go see the third!
    SpaceOdyssey:2001 was strange I admit it,exspecialy end of the movie!Shining was good..I liked it!
    Two Cubrik films whitch are the best are Full Metal Jacket and Shining! :)

16. TheBoogieMan

Nov 14, 2001
    i love the matrix....i am going to see reloaded tommorow night :D

i saw 2001, but i disliked it. It started off well, but just got plain boring by the end.

17. Darth_Weirdo

Jul 2, 2002
    The Matrix is cool. I like it and I'm going to see it in the opening night (Scandinavian, not the World's :mad:). Matrix has a good story, nice stroytelling, the fight's are amazing and the outfits are cool too. I'm a die hard Star Wars fan, actually a fantatic [face_plain] and a fan of Matrix.

And about Kubric. I've seen Clockwork Orange, Full Metal Jacket and Eyes Wide Shut. Also I've seen the beginning of 2001, but it was too slow for me. And of course The Shining. [face_devil] Kubric is a great director. But what's more he can use the light and camera amazingly (2001 and Eyes Wide Shut).

Got to give the man some credit. Stanley Gubric is one of the best movie directors ever. :cool:

18. KYP_DURRON85

Apr 20, 2003
    Seems that everyone in here has spelled Kubrick's name differently but I think that Tintti was the one that spelled it right!! :)

19. ISD_Devastator

ISD_Devastator Jedi Master star 4

Oct 11, 2002
    2001 Space Odyssey was a much better book than a film, which sucked. It was boring, weird and dull. But the book was nice.

The Shining is the only "scary" film that I find even remotely close to being scary.

FMJ has some great lines, like "I'm going to gouge out your eyeballs and skull**** you!", "Lawrence? I don't like that name. From now on, you'll be private Gomer Pyle." I "enjoyed" the first half of the film (Basic Training w/ gunnery sergeant Hartman), but the actual Vietnam-part wasn't that good. Maybe it's because of my dislike of Vietnam-movies in general.

20. Tod

Tod Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 1999
    I liked Matrix. It might not be very good movie otherwise but it's highly entertaining. As I like to say it's one one those movies that you just need to set your brains to zero and enjoy. And I'd guess that Reloaded is very much alike.

KUbrick is IMHO one of the most overrated directors. I have never been very impressed by any of his movies. Although Clockwork Orange was quite good. But otherwise they've been very disappointing.

21. KYP_DURRON85

Apr 20, 2003
    Today channel 4 will showcast movie made by Francis"Lucas's pal"Ford Coppolas......The Godfather.
    It has been a long time since I have seen it and dont remember anything from it.

22. LottDodd

Oct 4, 2002
    I can't believe I am sitting here listening to you guys diss Kubrick. 2001, A Clockwork Orange, The Shinning, Barry Lyndon, Full Metal Jacket, Dr. Strangelove, and Eyes Wide Shut are some of the Greatest Movies ever made. Yeah they are slow and boring... But they are the best kind of Boring ever! I think you each need to take another look at them. They will grow on you. They will make you think. They are not easy movies to digest... exspecially if your diet usually consists of Adam Sandler movies... But believe me, hating Kubrick is like hating Da Vinci.

23. Baltic_herring

Baltic_herring Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 10, 2002
    Have you seen a great parody about Kubrick's Dr Strangelove? Atomfilms has "How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Superlaser" on their Star Wars selection. Highly recommended
    if subject is familiar.

Atomfilms

24. Tod

Tod Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 1999
    Oops I forgot that Dr. Strangelove was Kubrick's movie. Well that's one truly great movie so Kubrick has done at least one masterpiece.

25. TheBoogieMan

Nov 14, 2001
    i saw the matrix reloaded!

It is the best sci-fi action movie i have ever seen! go see it! now!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.