main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Read, PA Movies & TV

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by JediSoccerDad, Apr 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Patches37

Patches37 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 26, 2007
    I have always said that Luke is a whiner, but he is only one in a long line of whiney heroes.
    I mean look at Frodo "WHaaa this ring is too heavy"
    And Harry Potter "Whaaaa I'm an angsty wizard"
    And Luke's all "Whaaa I wanna be a jedi"
    Come on guys...you want some cheese with that whine?

2. EighteenDelta

EighteenDelta Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 22, 2007
    Waaaaaahhhh!!! I got sand in my.... ummm.... nevermind.

-x

3. Pugglethelesser

Pugglethelesser Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 13, 2006
    Mark Hamill was hot with that whole Shaun Cassidy, Hardy Boys Mysteries haircut. Come on now Gia, you know that you somehow found him strangely attractive. How about Ewan with the mullet?
    One in a long line of questionable hairdo's or would that be hair"don'ts"?

4. lightning-girl

lightning-girl Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 2007
    okay...Oh other characters that wines:
    Eragon: "Wahhhh take me to the raz'ac"
    Sir Percy Blaknley: "Wahhh your cravat is tied all wrong"

5. Patches37

Mar 26, 2007
    I never found Luke attractive, I'm a Han gal through and through. But as for Ewan McGregor I do have to admit that no matter what hair style or beard configuration he is still one of the sexiest dudes alive!
    But I don't say that because of the prequels...mostly because of Life Less Ordinary and Moulin Rouge... I am such a girl sometimes...

6. JediSoccerDad

JediSoccerDad Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 12, 2004
    BBC/British comedies rules!

Watching Fawlty Towers again. So damn funny! [face_laugh]

7. Patches37

Mar 26, 2007
    Fawlty Towers For the Win!
    I miss having BBC America and getting to watch Black Adder and Monty Python and Fawlty Towers and Are You Being Served? I am such a fan of the British comedy!

8. JediSoccerDad

Aug 12, 2004
    Blackadder: Now Baldrick, fix me some coffee, and make it taste slightly less like mud this time.

Baldrick: Not easy I'm afraid, Sir

Blackadder: And why is this?

Baldrick: 'cause it is mud. We ran out of coffee 13 months ago

Blackadder: Brilliant. So every time I've drunk your coffee for the past 13 months, I have in fact, been drinking, hot mud.

Baldrick: With sugar...

Blackadder: ...which makes all the difference

Baldrick: Well, it would if we had any sugar, but we ran out New Years Eve 1915. Since when, I've been using sugar substitute...

Blackadder: ...Which is?

Baldrick: Dandruff. But I could add some milk this time, or, Saliva

[face_coffee] =P~

9. JediSoccerDad

Aug 12, 2004
    Any Anime Fans in the house?

The Director's Cut of Afro Samurai was released this week!

If you didn't catch it on Spike TV, it was really COOL! :cool:

10. Patches37

Mar 26, 2007
    It sounds sweet. I hadn't even heard of it until I saw the DVD in wal-mart but I aminterested in checkin' it out.

I watched the origonal "Night of the Living Dead" the other night...the movie is so amazing and so far ahead of it's time. It's almost hard to belive it was made in 1968.

11. JediSoccerDad

Aug 12, 2004
    I also just caught an Anime that I have seen on many top 10 lists called Appleseed.

If you haven't seen it, see it! There is actually a second one coming out next year, directed by John Woo!

12. EighteenDelta

Mar 22, 2007
    Masamune Shirow is a genius. Been a fan for 15+ years.

-x

13. JediSoccerDad

Aug 12, 2004
    I'm sooooooo excited now to see the next film! I might have to buy the PS2 Game to hold me over.. =P~

14. Pugglethelesser

Jul 13, 2006
    Just out of curiousity I watched Napoleon Dynamite for the first time. I have to say, I didn't get it. Don't get me wrong the movie had it's moments, but for the most part I couldn't find what everyone was raving about. Maybe you guys have a different opinion.

15. Patches37

Mar 26, 2007
    There isnt really anything to not get. It is what it is, it's its simplicity and ubsurdity that makes it funny, the fact that people like this exsist, it's a love letter to the nerds, dweebs and spazzes. I also think its really fantastic that a PG rated comedy can have such sucess in this day and age. For those who did like it check out "Peluca" it's the short that John Heder and Jerrad Hess did that cought the eye of MTV studios

16. Pugglethelesser

Jul 13, 2006
    Did anyone watch Robot Chicken on Sunday night? They did a Star Wars special. It was hysterical. Of course most of what was said can't be repeated here.

17. JediSoccerDad

Aug 12, 2004
    Grrr.. :mad: I have it on TIVO, but haven't had a moment when the kids weren't lurking.. [face_frustrated]

Has anyone seen Hex? Fantasy series on BBCA.. I was thinking of checking it out.. Was curious if anyone seem it.. [face_thinking]

18. EighteenDelta

Mar 22, 2007
    My wife is addicted to HEX, just be warned it's on season 2 so go back and check the first season before you try to watch it or you will only be confused...

-x

19. JediSoccerDad

Aug 12, 2004
    I think I will just Netflix it then.. Chris, you said you wife.. You don't like it? I haven't seen any of them.. I was just looking for new series to watch & came across a preview for an episode..

Did anyone watch the season premere for Dr. Who? I like the new people.. Eureka is also this week.. I like that show.. And of course at the end of the month.. Who wants to be a superhero!

20. JediSoccerDad

Aug 12, 2004
    I'm really diggin' this season's Dr. (Dr. Who)! Also, I just started watching Saving Grace.. Anyone see that? I know it's a bit 'heavy handed' with regards to faith & religion, but I like it.. Plus it's an interesting role for Hunter..

Hey, anyone see Flash Gordon? I have it TIVO'd & plan to see it this week before the new one..

21. BattousaiCV

BattousaiCV Jedi Youngling star 1

May 29, 2007
    Is Smallville good? I keep wanting to catch it (for one reason, basically) but always forget when it's on.

22. GatorsForever

GatorsForever Jedi Youngling

Jun 13, 2007
    All of 'em!

23. JediSoccerDad

Aug 12, 2004
    I'm actually thinking of watching Smallville now. I was reading how Luthor & Superman are finally enemies in the series.

I don't know if anyone listents to the Forecast, but I love podcasts & that's (of course) one of my favorites. I was listening to the most recent one and they were talking about reviews of the Star Wars Animated TV show that is starting this Fall. They mentioned how it seems to be going toward a younger audience! I'm a bit disappointed... :_|

24. JediSoccerDad

Aug 12, 2004
    "It's a trap!"

Robot Chicken Star Wars available TODAY!

nuff said..

25. Pugglethelesser

Jul 13, 2006
    Anybody ever watch Mythbusters ? My kids are addicted to that show. Well.....So am I. But, shh

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.