main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Bloom, IN Movies you might miss this summer

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Bodknocks, Jul 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bodknocks

Bodknocks Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 25, 2003
    First up, Moon! This movie has a very Kubrick-esque, original Star Wars kind of look and feel to it. It's a sci-fi movie without the dazzling CGI effects that have now become a staple in the genre. It seems like more of a psychological thriller rather than any sort of imminent, doomsday device type of story. I was impressed by the synopsis and the trailer, and I'm really excited to see this movie. Unfortunately it's only playing select theaters, so I might have to wait until it comes out on DVD.

Moon Trailer

Next up we have Zombieland. Zombieland is a comedy/horror ala Shaun of the Dead, and because Shaun of the Dead is one of my favorite comedy movies (and probably my FAVORITE horror movie) I am eager to see if this one can live up to such a flick. From the trailer it looks like it has a lot of potential going, but part of where Shaun of Dead really succeeded was in its tongue-in-cheek parody of the genre. I'm not really sure what direction this film is going, but I hope it's more than just slapstick humor involving zombies. I usually don't have high expectations for new films but Shaun of the Dead has set REALLY high expectations for the hybrid of the two genres, and with the bar raised this high Zombieland will have to be pretty good to impress.

Zombieland Trailer

Any other low key movies playing this summer that look good?

2. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Zombieland looks freaking terrific!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.