main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Movies

Discussion in 'Archive: Raleigh, NC' started by Jedi_Natalie, Jun 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Natalie

Jedi_Natalie Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Whos seen what, what do you want to see, and what did you think of it?

2. Jedi_Natalie

May 20, 2002
    Ok after not seeing movies for a while I went kind of nuts and saw 4 over the last weekend. Needless to say I'm movied out :p .

Thursday we got free passes to see The Terminal (sneak preview). It was awesome - I recommend it to all!!!! It was very funny in a very clever clean way.

Friday I saw Shrek 2 which kept me laughing quite a bit. Puss n' boots was cute and hilarious!

Saturday I saw Garfield. Which will be enjoyed by all Garfield and cat lovers.

Sunday I saw Harry Potter 3 for the second time. Just as good as the first :) .

Before this I saw The Day After Tomorrow. It could have been better - it had sooo much potential. The effects were awesome (minus some here and there). I just thought the story was weak (not the plot - that was great with the whole global warming thing). The story that layed on top of the plot with the father going north and the son stuck in NY just seemed to unreal.

3. Psycho_Jedi

Psycho_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 26, 2002
    The wolves in The Day After Tomorrow really sucked too. They were too fake looking. They didn't even walk right. I mean, you would think they would at least be able to make the wolves look real when there are movies like Harry Potter out there. I mean really.....

4. TallonKaardgamer

TallonKaardgamer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    I've seen Harry Potter 3 twice and think it's outstanding! Shreck 2 is also incredibly well done and just outstanding and Antonio Banderas as Puss in Boots is Zorro with fur - simply inspired.

I'm really looking forward to Harry Potter 3 at Exploris July 2, Spiderman 2 everywhere, King Arthur, and I,Robot. That book from Isaac Asimov started my sci-fi journey, so I'd like to revisit it and I hope they'll do an adventuresome take onscreen.

5. Jedi_Natalie

May 20, 2002
    Oooooh King Arthur - I can't wait for that one too!!

6. Anakin_Solo06

Anakin_Solo06 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 19, 2004
    King Arthur is going to such a good movie to see, along with Ms. Knightly in it. Spider-man 2 will really make a lot of money, like the first one did. Both are worth 5 dollars to see.

7. Padawan311

Padawan311 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 18, 2002
    I have been getting behind on my summer movies due to working so much. I am going to try and catch a couple this coming weekend. I really want to see Troy and Harry Potter 3. I am also really looking forward to Spidey 2 and The Terminal.

Chris

8. Blackdog

Blackdog Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 2, 2003
    I'm ready for Chronicles of Riddick and Spiderman 2.

9. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    Saw Chronicles of Riddick this weekend with Adam up in Norfolk, VA. Adam loved it but I wasn't impressed.

10. Anakin_Solo06

Feb 19, 2004
    I saw Dodgeball when I was in Ohio this weekend, and that movie was almost as good as Old School. But me and my cousin could not stop laughing.

11. r2fu2

r2fu2 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2004
    how about : the seed of chucky
    aliens vs predator
    spidey 2

12. jkg_vader

jkg_vader Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    I though "Riddick" was very entertaining and worth seeing at least once.

"The terminal" was ok, but no loss if you don't see it (typical Hanks feel good movie).

I am looking forward to more Spidey, though.

I'm not looking all that forward to King Aurther....looks kind of dumb (but that's just my opinion). I don't know, it feels to me like it's trying too hard to be Braveheart, you know?

I am looking forward to a different Kiera Knightly movie, another film attempt at Pride and Predjudice, which just so happens to be my favorite book of all time. I bet she dons a brunette wig (or dyes her hair) and is Elizabeth!

Oh, "Troy" was good for at least one viewing (especially for us female viewers).

13. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    Saw the midnight showing and I have 4 words on Spidey 2 - MAG NIF I CENT!

14. Psycho_Jedi

Jun 26, 2002
    YES!!! YES!!! YES!!! They are finally coming out with a Blade 3!!!! I loved the first two and I'm sure I'm gonna love this one too!!! December 10, 2004!!!!

Blade:Trinity

15. Jedi_Natalie

May 20, 2002
    Wow thats awesome Chris - bet you are excited!! ;)

16. JUMPMASTER_REVAN

JUMPMASTER_REVAN Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 14, 2004
    We have been doing a little catching up on movies too. Saw Shrek 2, Harry Potter 3, and Spiderman 2 (sequels are the in thing I guess) and greatly enjoyed them all. Spidey 2 was sooo much better than I thought it would be. Harry Potter was awesome, which I did expect, and I would actually like to go see it again. Shrek 2 was just, well, fun.

17. Anakin_Solo06

Feb 19, 2004
    Spider-man 2 was such a great movie. It had everything that I have been looking for in movies lately. Blade 3 looks like it will be good. I also want to see that comedy about the 3 friends that go on a out doors/road trip. The whole preview had me laughing.

18. Padawan311

Padawan311 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 18, 2002
    I got to catch up on a few movies over my July 4th vacation. I saw Shrek 2, which was great, hilarious, I would like to see it again soon. The Day After Tomorrow which was rather disappointing to me, just wasnt as good as I thought it was going to be. I went to see Spider-Man 2 twice, I LOVED it, it thought it was much better than part one, better villian, great character development, more emotional, improved special effects, it had it all, I thought it was amazing! I still have to see Harry Potter 3 and Troy and I am looking forward to I, Robot as well!

Chris

19. Blackdog

Blackdog Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 2, 2003
    Wow. Spiderman 2 was indeed awesome. Saw it 4th of July evening with my mom (my dad was sick, otherwise he'd of gone too). Simply amazing movie. :)

20. Boba_Fett_of_Nine

Boba_Fett_of_Nine Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 3, 2003
    I saw Spidy 2 on opening night. I hate to disapoint, but my friend is a huge king arthur type of fan and she was totally disapointed about the movie. just warning you... going to see spidy 2 again in a couple of weeks.

21. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    After seeing King Arthur with everyone, I also felt it was muddled and confusing and rather weak on emotional impact.

22. Psycho_Jedi

Jun 26, 2002
    Spiderman 2 is playing at IMAX starting this Friday Aug. 20th. Would anyone wanna go see it again? Maybe before or after we could hang out and get something to eat or something like that. Just a thought if anyone is interested.

23. Anakin_Solo06

Feb 19, 2004
    sure why not, where is the IMAX at?

24. Jedi_Natalie

May 20, 2002
  25. Anakin_Solo06

Feb 19, 2004
    ya'll just say when and I try to show up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.